~HFNHL Free Agency 2nd Round 2015~ - NOW with Results

Lord Stanley

Revoluccion Leader
Feb 24, 2003
In your head
revoluccionsoup.sauna.ca
Yes, and Yes.

Any RFA's without a contract would now go to the prospect list until said GM negotiates a new contract with them. Of course, some players may accept their QO if the GM's look into it, others may have less leverage on short/long term deals. Up to the agents discretion.

And as far as I'm concerned, a team could make an offer sheet on a player at any time when that player is still an RFA (it is this way in the NHL, even if few teams take advantage of it. Plus we don't have arbitration).

What type of time frame will be given to teams for them to choose to match offer sheets or not? Or in some cases they may need to get under the roster limit in order to match.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
What type of time frame will be given to teams for them to choose to match offer sheets or not? Or in some cases they may need to get under the roster limit in order to match.

The roster limit counts have included current team's RFA's (since they are still considered part of that organization).

As for a time frame. The NHL gives one week upon notification (which I'm assuming the agents will send out). I can't see any reason to differ from that (once we're outside of our own free agent period of course).

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
EDITED: The Columbus Blue Jackets match the offer sheet signed by Torey Krug (1 x $3.5m).

Columbus will NOT match the offer sheet to Justin Schultz (4 x $4.0m), and will take the compensation of a 2016 1st and 3rd.

Sorry for the confusion, my math was off.

Last edited:

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Final Results

Adam Burish - 1 year x $650,000 - Boston Bruins
Joe Cannata - 1 year x $925,000 - Minnesota Wild
Paul Postma - 2 years x $1,200,000 - Minnesota Wild
John Scott - 2 years x $626,000 - Tampa Bay Lightning
Zac Dalpe - 4 years x $700,000 - Philadelphia Flyers

FA is now complete! If you have any further offers for free agents (and/or your own players), the agents will be the ones you negotiate with.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Adam Burish - 1 year x $650,000 - Boston Bruins
Joe Cannata - 1 year x $925,000 - Minnesota Wild
Paul Postma - 2 years x $1,200,000 - Minnesota Wild
John Scott - 2 years x $626,000 - Tampa Bay Lightning
Zac Dalpe - 4 years x $700,000 - Philadelphia Flyers

FA is now complete! If you have any further offers for free agents (and/or your own players), the agents will be the ones you negotiate with.

Since, free agency season just ended, we would give all GMs 48 hours to check out the remaining UFAs and RFAs and will start processing offers from Monday.

If you are the highest bidder on UFAs than there is an additinal 48 hrs grace before you get the player.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Pasi, you can now negotiate with your player's agent and revisit previous offers. It doesn't mean they'll accept any offer you make and a player could hold out, but the agent will definitely be a bit more willing to cut a deal given the players have passed through free agency, in particular on a one year deal.

The Blues just signed Eller and Enroth having seen both pass through with nary an offer sheet and it made it a bit easier to sign the players, at least to one year deals. Still can be tough to sign long-term deals if you are offering below auto-sign (as was my case with Eller), but for players like Eller (and even Lucic) who are coming off somewhat sub-par years, it's not in their interest to sign longterm - especially below auto-sign - after a bad season. A one year deal shouldn't be that hard to get, although you do have to kick the negotiating can not too far down the road.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad