HFNHL Florida Panthers 2019/20 Outlook

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
For the first time in over a decade, the Florida Panthers missed the playoffs in the Eastern Conference. Selecting 8th overall, Florida will hope to bring in a new franchise player and building block at this year's draft.

But, the team's young core really improved over the course of the season and the outlook for next year is extremely positive. With the right moves, Florida could actually compete for home ice advantage in the first round yet again, which would be a great and efficient turn around.

Projected Lineup:

Jake Guentzel - FA/Trade/Boone Jenner - Nikita Kucherov
Blake Coleman - FA/Trade/Boone Jenner - Tom Wilson
Ryan Donato - Casey Cizikas - Jesper Bratt
Denis Malgin - Mark Jankowski - Robby Fabbri
Cal O'Reilly

Cam Fowler - FA/Trade
Colin Miller - Troy Stecher
Travis Dermott - Jon Merill
Dennis Cholowski

Matt Murray
FA

Florida Needs:
1. Searching for a 1st or 2nd line center. Could look at different ages depending on the type of player.
2. Searching for a 1st or 2nd pairing upper echelon defender. Looking for a solid two-way guy. Ideally someone in the right age range for my group.
3. Back-up veteran goaltender to help with Matt Murray's weaker endurance and durability ratings (although his other ratings are terrific again, at least). This will be brought in during FA, more than likely.

Florida Availables:
Keep in mind that a) what I'm looking for is pretty substantial and b) I'm more than likely going to only look to trade assets for one of those big needs and use FA for the other.

But for the right asset, guys like Jordan Kyrou, Ryan Donato, Dennis Cholowski, Denis Malgin, Trent Frederic, Liam Foudy, and either the 25th OV or 31st, could be on the table.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
For the first time in over a decade, the Florida Panthers missed the playoffs in the Eastern Conference. Selecting 8th overall, Florida will hope to bring in a new franchise player and building block at this year's draft.

But, the team's young core really improved over the course of the season and the outlook for next year is extremely positive. With the right moves, Florida could actually compete for home ice advantage in the first round yet again, which would be a great and efficient turn around.

Projected Lineup:

Jake Guentzel - FA/Trade/Boone Jenner - Nikita Kucherov
Blake Coleman - FA/Trade/Boone Jenner - Tom Wilson
Ryan Donato - Casey Cizikas - Jesper Bratt
Denis Malgin - Mark Jankowski - Robby Fabbri
Cal O'Reilly

Cam Fowler - FA/Trade
Colin Miller - Troy Stecher
Travis Dermott - Jon Merill
Dennis Cholowski

Matt Murray
FA

Florida Needs:
1. Searching for a 1st or 2nd line center. Could look at different ages depending on the type of player.
2. Searching for a 1st or 2nd pairing upper echelon defender. Looking for a solid two-way guy. Ideally someone in the right age range for my group.
3. Back-up veteran goaltender to help with Matt Murray's weaker endurance and durability ratings (although his other ratings are terrific again, at least). This will be brought in during FA, more than likely.

Florida Availables:
Keep in mind that a) what I'm looking for is pretty substantial and b) I'm more than likely going to only look to trade assets for one of those big needs and use FA for the other.

But for the right asset, guys like Jordan Kyrou, Ryan Donato, Dennis Cholowski, Denis Malgin, Trent Frederic, Liam Foudy, and either the 25th OV or 31st, could be on the table.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->