HFNHL Draft Lottery Results

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Gentlemen,

With a 5.71% chance going in, the winner of this year's HFNHL Draft Lottery is the New York Rangers! Congrats, Sean! Now if only that pick wasn't property of the Kings... ;)

The Rangers (err, Kings) will now move up four spots to draft 5th in the First Round, making the draft order for the lottery teams (unadjusted for trades):

1) TOR
2) TBL
3) WAS
4) ATL
5) NYR
6) BOS
7) MIN
8) CAR
9) CHI
10) LAK
11) PHX
12) NAS (one position draft penalty)
13) ANA
14) SJS

Normal draft order resumes for subsequent rounds.

Respectfully submitted,

Matt Gledhill
HFNHL Commissioner

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Crazy. I bet the Kings didn't expect that of their three first rounders, the Rangers would be the highest and the Flyers the lowest.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Son of a b*****!

Aint that an extra kick in the balls after missing out on the playoffs by 1 point on the last day of the regular season. :rant:

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Boooo! Hiss. I'll just whind up picking some stiff any how. Maybe ill pull a Kershaw and end up with a Skinner.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
Woohoo! I thought the Flyers' pick would be the highest, and last year when I dealt my 6th overall pick a couple days before the draft, all I could think of at the time was Adam Larsson. I would have drafted Johansen. Congrats to the Flyers for making the playoffs though.

Very glad to be drafting 5th. I thought the Rangers pick would be around 18, before the season started.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
... making the draft order for the lottery teams (unadjusted for trades):

1) TOR
2) TBL
3) WAS
4) ATL
5) NYR
6) BOS
7) MIN
8) CAR
9) CHI
10) LAK
11) PHX
12) NAS (one position draft penalty)
13) ANA
14) SJS

Normal draft order resumes for subsequent rounds.

Respectfully submitted,

Matt Gledhill
HFNHL Commissioner

Teams that made the playoffs will have picks 15 to 30, is that correct?

Brent Burns Beard