HFNHL Draft Date - Response Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

HFNHL Red Wings

A yahoo poll has been set up so please respond ASAP.

The NHL draft is tentatively set for July 30th. Traditionally we hold the HFNHL draft one week in advance to limit how much the NHL draft influences ours and encourages GM's to do their homework to turn up those hidden gems.
While there are many sources available (CSB mid term list, RLR, McKeen's, ISS, various mock draft lists, etc.) the final CSB list may be released rather late. I don't think it will be released until after the July 31st ratification date at the earliest.
As a result the timing of draft lists for rounds 4-9 are likely to be postponed but the question is whether, at a minimum, you have sufficient information from the other sources and will be ready to the first 3 rounds.
The call is yours so please complete the poll which will close this Friday night.

Last edited by a moderator:

HFNHL Red Wings

Sorry guys, 2 people voted already (don't know who) just before I slightly edited the poll to add a third option. Please check to see if you were one of the two whose votes got deleted and resubmit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
I'm fully capable of doing a draft anytime, tomorrow if necessary. But I would not be able to do a draft on the 30th unfortunately. I'm out of town that weekend.

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
I wasnt able to vote but I would prefer that the draft would be held on the 30th of July. Will we still have 9 rounds? It looks like the "real" draft only will have 7 rounds.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
draft 7 rounds?

2005 NHL Entry Draft
Spotlight on: Columbus Blue Jackets. The makeshift 2005 NHL Entry Draft would be held on Saturday, July 30 in Ottawa--though likely at a hotel and not the Corel Centre. The number of rounds has been reduced from nine to seven for at least this year, which brings the Jackets into the spotlight. That's because Columbus dealt its 2005 eighth-round draft pick to the Los Angeles Kings at last year's draft in exchange for L.A.'s ninth-round selection (which they used to select defenseman Grant Clitsome). What now becomes of the draft pick owed to the Kings?

This and other interesting situations can be found: http://tsf.waymoresports.thestar.com/thestar/hockey/news.cgi?notebook

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
I also missed the deadline for voting as I've been living primitive life without internet for a few weeks, but now I'm back and pretty much ready to attend the draft anytime. Rather on a sunday than a saturday for the live rounds(1-3) though..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad