HFNHL: Coyotes turn two deals in 24 hours.

Discussion in 'HFNHL Talk' started by CoyotesHFNHL, Mar 10, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. CoyotesHFNHL

CoyotesHFNHL Registered User

Phoenix (HFAP) - Coyotes turn two 1 for 1 deals over the course of 24 hours.

First of the two occured with the Philadelphia Flyers. Phoenix acquired forward David Moss in exchange for Patrick O'Sullivan. "To us this deal made sense, because Moss was having a good season. We knew we were taking a bit of an imediate hit, because O'Sullivan has better ratings, and is doing very well in the minors, and I'm aware first hand of the level of talent O'Sullivan has, but I've always been interested in acquiring Moss. I'm a fan of the way he plays, and happy he's producing at the level he is."

The second deal, occured with an inner conference team the Colorado Avalanche. Phoenix traded defenceman Ryan Parent to the Avalanche in exchange for minor league Left Winger Brandon Mashinter. Why would a team fighting for a playoff spot trade a current contributing roster player? "We have always liked Mashinter, like Moss we've always been interested in him, but we undervalued his market potential and he went for the max allowed for an entry-level player. The opportunity came up to acquire him, and with his style of play we think he could be a very useful member of the team's future. Also we have excellent depth on defence, plus with Yandle breaking out, along with Blum and Katic putting forward solid NHL debut's we felt Parent could be expendable considering the deal. We still feel he has a great deal of potential, and should still wind up being a solid shutdown defenceman in a regualr capacity in the NHL very soon."

Phoenix insists they are not throwing in the towel this year. They are entertaining every route they have and will continue to ice the best team they possibly can. However if a deal comes along that makes sense, it will be completed. We're not looking to do too much one way or the other, but there's a right price for everything, and if it makes sense, we'll do it.