HFNHL: Capitals and Blues Trade Rumor

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Word has been quietly going around regarding meetings between Capitals officials and Blues officials. The reported talk is centered around G Jimmy Howard. The price is reportedly quite high, but the Blues appear to have the ammunition to make the Capitals an offer that would make them consider Howard's future for the team before ever playing his first regular season game for them.

The Capitals are in the midst of a quiet rebuild while still trying to generate enough to sneak into the playoffs on a yearly basis and are looking to reinforce their prospect pool with solid defenders.

Stay tuned for more details in the coming days.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
The trade has been confirmed as the following:

To Washington

· G JS Giguerre

· Prospect Calvin De Haan

· Prospect Dmitri Orlov

· Bos 5th 2011

· STL 5th 2011

To St. Louis

· G Jimmy Howard

· Wash 2nd 2012

Best of luck to Jimmy Howard out West and hopefully, Orlov and De Haan prove to be worth the gamble.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Jesus.

Can someone trade me a scoring RW so I can have a fighting chance in this division? Sheesh

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Jesus.

Can someone trade me a scoring RW so I can have a fighting chance in this division? Sheesh

Pretty sure Zac has Kovalev on the market... ;-)

To be honest, I'm not keen on seeing Howard play behind that defence, either. I gain solace from the fact that - as with all living things - Pronger and Chara have to die eventually. :D

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
To be honest, I'm not keen on seeing Howard play behind that defence, either. I gain solace from the fact that - as with all living things - Pronger and Chara have to die eventually. :D

Sacrilege! But at 35 and 33, respectively, I'm hoping I can get another 5 years out of them. Along with Byfuglien, Staal, Klesla and MacDonald, I think the team is pretty set in goal and on D for a few years to come (cap permitting!), which I'll need given I'm trading guys like De Haan and Orlov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->