HFNHL Canucks 2010-11 Endorsement Watch

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
And by endorsement, I mean Mountain Dew watch.

So far the Canucks have three players who have earned one million dollars:

David Rundblad - With 36 points as a blueliner in the SEL, he's well past the required 20. Has a chance to be named SEL MVP to boot.

Mattias Ekholm - With 24 points as a blueliner in the SEL, he has surprisingly surpassed the required 20. Ekholm is also the leading contender for SEL Rookie of the Year.

Kyle Palmieri - Tied for the US team lead in scoring at the WJC with 6 points. Also an AHL All-star who could easily surpass 40 points on the year in the AHL.

Also on pace:

Maxim Chudinov - Has been at 19 points in the KHL for a little while now, and the season is winding down. Hopefully he can notch his 20th just in time.

Jake Allen - An AHL all-star, he's one of the top goalies in the AHL this year. Could win Rookie of the Year or meet statistical criteria.

Luke Adam - With 26 points in 27 games, Adam is another AHL all-star who as a rookie could either win an award or meet the statistical criteria.

David Warsofsky - With 19 points in 26 games, he is on pace to notch the 30 necessary for the NCAA endorsement. Could be a Hobey Baker contender too.

Justin Faulk - With 17 points in 22 games, again 30 is within reach, although hard to imagine a freshman getting a Hobey Baker nod.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Chudinov notched his 20th point in the KHL, and just in time, as the season ends Sunday. That gives the Canucks four achievements, and a full payout.

Not many age-eligible defencemen score 20 points in European leagues, so pretty surprising three of those four achievements are from that category. From the two best European leagues no less.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Jake Allen and Luke Adam have also already qualified by virtue of being named AHL All-Stars. In past years, for AHL purposes, we've accepted being named to either the midseason or the end-of-season All-Star Team as meeting the criteria for the Mountain Dew Award. Rationale being that, ordinarily, the AHL is a league that tends to favor players over the age of 21 (CHL rules and all that).

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Jake Allen and Luke Adam have also already qualified by virtue of being named AHL All-Stars. In past years, for AHL purposes, we've accepted being named to either the midseason or the end-of-season All-Star Team as meeting the criteria for the Mountain Dew Award. Rationale being that, ordinarily, the AHL is a league that tends to favor players over the age of 21 (CHL rules and all that).

Ahh sweet. I figured AHL All-star meant the end of season 1st and 2nd teams. Too bad I didn't realize that a couple weeks ago, would have saved me from checking Severstal Cherepovets scores every day or two to see if Chudinov would hit 20.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad