HFNHL 2023-24 Ratings Challenges

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
HFNHL 2023-24 Ratings Challenges

Did you get ripped off by the latest STHS Ratings pack? Does your star forward have hands of stone? Is your hard-rock blueliner a paper tiger? Here’s your chance to make things right: it’s Ratings Challenge time!

Each team may challenge a total of up to 4 ratings. These can be applied across one or more players. OV can not be challenged.

Note that Goalie challenges are somewhat complicated, in that you can challenge the skill ratings (SK, AG, RB, SC, HS, RT and PH) as a group. Otherwise, the other 6 goaltender ratings (DU, EN, SZ, PS, EX and LD) can be challenged like normal skater ratings.

You can request an increase of up to 8 points in a given rating (to keep the integrity of the ratings package). So for example, if you want to challenge your player's 65 DF, the maximum that you can ask for is a 73 DF.

Please make sure your ratings challenges are well researched and worthwhile. A successful ratings challenge is likely to be built around stats, scouting reports, or well researched player comparisons. Comparing ratings to previous year's ratings packages isn't likely to get you a successful challenge.

For your reference, here is the breakdown of what statistics are used to compile this ratings pack.

Player Ratings

a. CK – Hits/Game

b. FG – Height, Weight, Fights, Hits/Game

c. DI – PIM/game

d. SK – ONLY manual rate, done by diverse committee

e. ST – Height, Weight, Fights

f. EN – TOI/G

g. DU – Games Played (last 2 years)

h. PH – PPTOI/Gm, ZS, SatRel60

i. FO- Faceoffs Taken, Faceoffs Won

j. PA – Assists/Game (calculation is different for F v D)

k. SC – Goals/Game (calculation is different for F v D)

l. DF – PK TOI/Gm, SB/Game, ZS (calculation is different for F v D)

m. PS – PS – Penalty Shot success rate. Tiered at 5, 10, 20, 20+ career chances.

n. EX – Career NHL Reg Season GP

o. LD – EX + bonus for career NHL Playoff GP

Goalie Ratings

a. SK – ESSP%, SP%, GP

b. DU – Games Played last 2 years

c. EN – GP Last 2 years, Career GP

d. SZ – Height, Weight

e. AG – ESSP%

f. RB – SP%, GP

g. SC – SHSP%, GAA

h. HS – ESSP%, SP%, GP, PS%

i. RT – SP%

j. PH – ESSP%, SP%, GP

k. PS – PS%

l. EX – Career NHL Reg Season GP

m. LD – EX + bonus for career NHL Playoff GP

Submission Format:

Your ratings challenges should appear as follows:

Email Title: "HFNHL Ratings Challenge - Team Name"

1. Player Name

2. Rating being challenged

3. Current Rating

4. Suggested Rating

5. Reasoning or Argument for challenge (aka your proof)

Submissions are to be sent by email to me, at [email protected].

The submission deadline is Wednesday, October 4 at 11:59pm EST.

Review Process

I will review the challenge and provide my rebuttal. Then I will forward both your challenge and my response to the Commissioner for a final ruling.

A 4th party (Ville - Colorado) will be providing the final ruling on Brock’s and my challenges.

Any questions, feel free to post them in this thread.

Fire away!

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Thanks to everyone who submitted ratings challenges! The counter recommendations are now with the appropriate third party adjudicator (Brock or Ville, depending), and we’ll pass along their final adjudications as soon as they’re ready.

Reactions: MatthewFlames

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad