HFJets Survey of Change

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
In your opinion, which one of these is most likely to change first (as all things do in time):
*Coach
*Core
*General Manager
*Win Percentage
In alpha-order

Not what you would want... Not what you would do... Not what you would like...

Just the most likely scenario.

Note: Jets right now are winning about 33% of games... lets say above 50% where loser points are still loses

BrianFromAIH

Long Time Lurker
Jun 16, 2012
Warren, OH, USA
A core trade (likely Buff) is coming at the deadline I believe. As much as I'd like to see if the team reacts better to a new coach before any moves are made, it's unlikely to happen.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Hoping for coach to get Das Boot first, to see how the core looks under someone else before we blow it up.

Thinking Chevy may end up trading Buff before that though.

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
Coach first I think. Buff may not happen until the deadline. If Noel is still around at the deadline, then he'll finish the year. I can't see that happening anymore, so I think Noel is gone soon.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Close between Noel and a Buff trade. Went with canning the coach. Least likely to happen is dumping Chevy. He is as safe as safe can be.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
A trade or a coaching change needs to be made sooner rather then later. After one is made, you can see how the team responds. Then react accordingly. Just my thought process.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Since its not "what we want" but "what we think will happen", I'm gonna go off the board and say; none of the above. :(

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
As much as I like him I'd like to see Buff moved for some young pieces. He'd be a great addition to a contending team and he's been great here but I feel like we'd be better off with a couple of more traditional pieces.

It'll be a tough decision for the management group to make a decision as Buff is a different beast. When he wants to play he can be downright dominant like we saw on a couple of shifts against the Hawks. Yes, he has some brain farts but with a competent partner and a better team defense his mistakes can be covered up.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Unless the majority of our future losses come in OT or shootout, we ain't getting back to .500 IMO.

I think we win 35-37 games for 80ish points, depending on how many we lose in OT/SO. Noel is fired after the season. At least 2 core members are traded or bought out between around draft, July 1 time.

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Noel should've been shown the door a long time ago.

He was in over his head from the beginning and that hasn't changed.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Proud to be member of the "lose Noel/Buff bandwagon". But hey it could always be worse. Just take a look at the Flyer board, it actually made me feel good about the Jets.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I think if things aren't righted in the coming months, Noel is going to be canned first. A trade later on afterwords.

Aries56

Jan 10, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Whenever Chevy talks about Noel, he doesn't sound committed at all. I noticed that in an interview during the first couple weeks in the season. It's already been pointed out that Noel wasn't even Chevy's pick. SO I gotta go with Noel getting the boot.

Last edited:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I think once a decision is made that a coaching change is coming theres no point waiting. Do it now. Name an interim for whatever is left of the season. I think its a mistake to choose to "ride out" the season with a coach you think needs to go. Inevitably, the Jets will finish up with some crazy 20-10 run to end the season just missing the play-offs and then mgmnt will be tempted to say "hmmm, maybe we've turned a corner. Let's give Noel one more season." Then next year we're in exactly the same boat we are now...

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Noel should've been shown the door a long time ago.

He was in over his head from the beginning and that hasn't changed.

I'm going to take this as some key words from a strong source. ;)

But no, let's just sit tight as Gary Lawless continuously keeps indicating. Heaven forbid our organization were to make a change, as if it's the worst thing that could possibly ever happen... :help:

I voted Coach.

I "think" a trade may be made soon, but not moving a "core" piece or even Byfuglien for that matter, something more minor to try and help the cause.

Last edited:

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Proud to be member of the "lose Noel/Buff bandwagon". But hey it could always be worse. Just take a look at the Flyer board, it actually made me feel good about the Jets.

Exactly. Or imagine being a Devils fan? In the basement, not a lot of good young talent on the roster or in the pipeline, and oh yeah, that LOTTERY pick this summer? Sorry, you don't get that either. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad