HFHL Rosters & Trade Bait

noexult

Oct 24, 2011
Oslo
I believe it's a bit one sided deal as well...it includes MDZ and Hagelin as well. Seguin is a great player, don't get me wrong, but that 1st 2014 won't get him anything but a AHL player in season 5. Basically it's Stepan+Hagelin for Seguin+Gazdic and MDZ for Gaunce, not horrible, but if NYR would quit it could become difficult to get a new GM. The trade only needs a little "re-doing".

Souray44

Jan 26, 2004
Mtl
I agree its not perfectly fair but no trade is. All i'm saying is im not the type to get into micromanaging 30 teams to make sure all overalls match etc. The real point is to make sure things aren't being done to intentionally cheat. That's all a commish should do in my eyes. I hope NYR doesn't quit as then I see your guys concern but if hes happy with his team and likes the trade that is all I need.

It's a video game that depends greatly on us more than the 85-86 diff between Stepan and Seguin. I don't think this trade throws the league out of balance or anything and isn't worth setting a precedent that im going to be over your head on every single deal making sure the math checks out precisely.

I get your guys point, hoping you see where im coming from and why I didn't and wont stop deals like these in the future unless I see cheating.

Personally I hate huge star moving deals. So unrealistic. My team certainly wont be making any. I like to pretend im a real GM and try to do real more tweaking my team style trades that you see so often in the NHL rather than these ones but hey its a fun league and my personal opinion doesn't enter into any commish decision I make.

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
I agree its not perfectly fair but no trade is. All i'm saying is im not the type to get into micromanaging 30 teams to make sure all overalls match etc. The real point is to make sure things aren't being done to intentionally cheat. That's all a commish should do in my eyes. I hope NYR doesn't quit as then I see your guys concern but if hes happy with his team and likes the trade that is all I need.

It's a video game that depends greatly on us more than the 85-86 diff between Stepan and Seguin. I don't think this trade throws the league out of balance or anything and isn't worth setting a precedent that im going to be over your head on every single deal making sure the math checks out precisely.

I get your guys point, hoping you see where im coming from and why I didn't and wont stop deals like these in the future unless I see cheating.

Personally I hate huge star moving deals. So unrealistic. My team certainly wont be making any. I like to pretend im a real GM and try to do real more tweaking my team style trades that you see so often in the NHL rather than these ones but hey its a fun league and my personal opinion doesn't enter into any commish decision I make.

This scares me.

Please find a new owner for Chicago.

I believe Seguin and Stepan are a wash.

Which means MDZ and Hagelin for future which has been approved? MDZ hits an 85+ while Hagelin hits an 84+. I hate to be a *spoiler alert* kind of guy but I like to educate myself so I dont get screwed in trades like NYR is getting screwed here.

A simple dump of Richards or another piece can address the cap issues and not selling 3 key assets for 1 asset and 3 futures.... And I do realize Cameron Gaunces potential, but its not enough.

I put myself in the the shoes of anyone taking over NYRs team in Season 1 or 2 and this would look awful.

Best of luck to your league and the free for all that it will be.

Last edited:

jacko23

Lurkers unite!
Jul 8, 2007
Lehigh Valley, PA
my concern when i was making that trade was cap space in the future. look at how many guys i need to resign this offseason!

he was willing to give me a 1st with Seguin, who is at a manageable cap hit ($4.5 mil IIRC) for another 6 years.

DZ was up after this season and he was going to be asking for a bit more money than i will be willing to pay with Lundqvist and others needing to be re-upped.

i was aware the entire time that the deal wasnt entirely even, but if i can deal Richards, i still have decent depth down the middle and i could afford to get rid of some D considering my depth at that position.

on MY end, i wouldnt call it a trade of necessity, but maybe convenience.

im not one of those guys that will make a trade just because i can. i dont want my roster to be completely unrecognizable come seasons end.

UpGoesRupp

Jul 18, 2008
British Columbia
:sens 2013-2014

Opening Night Roster

Michalek Spezza Ryan
MacArthur Turris Conacher
Greening Zibanejad Condra
Filatov Smith Neil

Karlsson Cowen
Phillips Methot
Wiercioch Corvo

Anderson
Lehner

Trade block = red

Wants: More youth injected into line up. 18-25 that can step in and begin developing.

Notable prospects:
Da Costa(75) 2 way
Stone(71) 2 way
Ceci(64)4.5 yellow stars
Puempel(62) 4 yellow stars
Very hesitant but will listen to offers for Spezza that include a center that could turn into a number one.

bootsgaudet

Oct 15, 2012
:stars deal

Jamie Oleksiak
2nd round pick
austin smith
tom wandell

to

:sens in return for

Mika Zibanejad
Shane Prince
Mark Stone

Solid deal for both sides, With MDZ coming in, a core of DZ,Dillion,Daley was comfortable letting Olesiak go.

Zibs is going be a nice rw and potential 2nd line centre...

Prince and Stone are two guys i like as up and coming players with some playability now.

Sens get some quality players and a nice pick

noexult

Oct 24, 2011
Oslo
Zibanejad becomes a beast and a 1st center in a few seasons...don't recall how high OVR he goes to, but he will damn good...I still don't get whom else :sens have that will be equal to Zib, unless one means either of Spezza or Turris. Lazar will never become worthy of a spot on the 4th line it seems...if only Faksa would have been included it could have made some more sense.

Last edited:

UpGoesRupp

Jul 18, 2008
British Columbia
:sens like the deal as we add Oleksiak to our young core of Karlsson,Cowen and Weircioch.

Zones was hard to let go but i didnt see him jumping spezza and Turris in the next 2-3 years.

ThorNton Apologist

Jumbo needs a cup
Oct 1, 2006
Cali
:sabres

Vanek - Ennis - Foligno
Leino - Kesler - Hansen
Grigorenko - Ott - Larsson
Scott - Porter - Kaleta

Ehrhoff - Myers
Tallinder - McBain
Weber - Sulzer
Alberts

Miller
Enroth

On The Block
Untouchable

Last edited:

HotPaquette

Apr 7, 2012
Sarasota, Fl
Seguin is an 85....

Stepan is an 86....

This league is already struggling to be filled, and seeing move like this go through would really bring this league to a stand still.

Souray will need to find a new Chicago owner if he approves this one!

If you think that overall says it all, then good ****ing riddance.

Trou Trou Train

This is an Express train to Penn Station!
Aug 28, 2008
Long Island, NY
:flames 2013-2014 Roster

Sven Baertschi SNP 79 - Mike Cammalleri SNP 87 - Mike Backlund PLY 80
Curtis Glencross TWF 84 - Jiri Hudler SNP 83 - David Jones SNP 82
TJ Galliardi TWF 81- Matt Stajan TWF 81 - Lee Stempniak TWF 82
Ben Hanowski TWF 72 - Roman Horak SNP 76 - Tim Jackman GRN 73

Mark Giordano 85 - Dennis Wideman OFD 82
TJ Brodie OFD 80 - Kris Russel OFD 79
Chris Butler DFD 80 - Derek Smith TWD 78

Mikka Kiprussoff HYB 81
Karri Ramo BUT 69

Bold/Red - Untouchable
Everyone Else Can Be Had At The Right Price.

Last edited:

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto

:nucks
Daniel-Henrik-Kassian
Higgins-Hodgson-Stafford
Booth-Fraser-Burrows
Neil-Halpern-Weise
---
Ferriero-Richardson-Schroeder

Hamhuis-Edler
Garrison-Bieksa
Huskins-Tanev
---
Sauve-Weber
Pysyk

Luongo
Lack

Prospects
Shinkaruk
N Jensen
B Gaunce
J Subban
F Corrado

UNTOUCHABLE | ON THE BLOCK

Last edited:

bootsgaudet

Oct 15, 2012
:stars Looking to Ship out Erik Cole
pm me offers, looking for a 2nd line right winger most of all, or packagel Jack Cambell or Gologoski for top 6 winger and defence.

pm me

Tupelo

Come On You Spurs
Nov 28, 2007
St. Louis
:coyotes updated their roster and are still looking for a C and a RW. OEL may be available in a package for the right C.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
:nucks are doing what the real Canucks would probably benefit from doing:

Henrik Sedin is on the block for a top 6 RW and top 6 C. Also looking to upgrade my D in this move, willing to include depth forwards & bottom pair D to get it done.

UpGoesRupp

Jul 18, 2008
British Columbia
:sens have Spezza on the tentative trading block. Looking to get younger up the middle and in the top 9.

It's very tentative an it'd have to be the perfect deal.

Hooterz

Oct 7, 2013
Ohio
:caps
Ovechkin SNP 94 - Backstrom PLY 87 - Johansson PLY 83
Wolski SNP 81 - Laich TWF 85 - Erat TWF 84
Fehr PWF 79 - Perreault PLY 79 - Brouwer GRN 82
Chimera GRN 80 - Beagle TWF 76 - Ward GRN 80

Alzner DFD 85 Carlson TWD 86
Orlov OFD 76 Strachan DFD 77
Oleksy DFD 73 Kundratek TWD 75

Holtby 82
Neuvirth 82

Grabovski - out 24 games with fractured ankle
Green - out 42 games with post concussion syndrome
Hillen - mcl sprain

Just joined and 5 games in I have already lost 2 big players for long periods of time. Need to find some replacements now. Everyone on my team is up for trade discussion, besides Ovie and Backstrom. I am looking for depth/2nd line scoring. Neuvirth is up for trade as well. He is 25 years old with 4 green stars.

Top potential players are:
Orlov 4 gold stars
Johansson 4 gold stars
Perreault 3 and a half gold stars
Wilson 3 and a half gold stars
Latta 3 green stars

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
:nucks are doing what the real Canucks would probably benefit from doing:

Henrik Sedin is on the block for a top 6 RW and top 6 C. Also looking to upgrade my D in this move, willing to include depth forwards & bottom pair D to get it done.

Since this didn't seem to pique anyone's interest, you can make it Kesler if you'd like...I'd want a 2C, 2RW and RD. Can add other pieces (as good as Booth or Hansen).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->