HF Habs: HFHabs 2021 Prospect Rankings #9

Who is our next best prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Graduated: Caufield, Romanov, Evans, Dauphin (due to age)
Gone: G. Olofsson, Ikonen, Rucheinski, Leguerrier, Demchenko, Verbeek, Fleury

1. Kaiden Guhle, 72.6% (+3)
2. Mattias Norlinder, 37.2% (+1)
3. Ryan Poehling, 37.4% (+3)
4. Logan Mailloux, 38.7% (NA)
5. Cayden Primeau, 68.7% (-)
6. Jordan Harris, 38.1% (+1)
7. Jayden Struble, 28.0% [Tiebreaker 52.9%] (+3)
8. Jesse Ylonen, 62.5% (+3)

If you want to influence who is added next, please post in the thread
Last year ranking: HF Habs: - Final 2020 HfHabs Prospect Rankings

Current order to be added:
Joshua Roy
William Trudeau
Joel Teasdale
Daniil Sobolev
Lukas Vejdemo
Raphael Harvey-Pinard
Michael McNiven
Xavier Simoneau
Alexander Gordin
Brett Stapley
Jacob Olofsson
Blake Biondi
Otto Leskinen
Rhett Pitlick
Frederik Dichow
Joe Vrbetic
Jack Smith
Arsen Khisatmudinov
Jack Gorniak
Michael Pezzetta
Arvid Henrikson

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Tuch, Mysak, Farrell

Add Trudeau - if not to the poll, to the top of your list to be added.

And RHP and Teasdale should be high on that list - they had similar points per game in the AHL to another 1999 birth player - Ylonen.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
Interesting to see Tuch ahead of Mysak. Most people around here were ecstatic with Mysak and skeptical about Tuch less than one year ago when they were picked one right after the other.

I voted Mysak but I guess there are 3 or 4 guys that are very close at this point.

Reactions: Toene and Redux91

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Interesting to see Tuch ahead of Mysak. Most people around here were ecstatic with Mysak and skeptical about Tuch less than one year ago when they were picked one right after the other.

I voted Mysak but I guess there are 3 or 4 guys that are very close at this point.

They are all pretty close at this point, I think the drawback with Mysak is he didn’t stand out in the Czech league or the AHL. He did pretty well in the WJC against his peers though.

Tuch on the other hand had a pretty productive rookie year in the NCAA, plus he has the bloodlines.

I voted Tuch, but there’s a case to be made for a bunch of guys here.

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
Voted Tuch because the order simply has to be Tuch-Mysak, can't be the other way around.

For real I think it's pretty close, but slight edge to Tuch IMO as the floor is higher and I'll lean that way since we didn't get a ton of info on either player last year. Farrell, Brook, Kidney, Kapanen also could be reasonable choices here.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Tuch, Mysak, Farrell

Add Trudeau - if not to the poll, to the top of your list to be added.

And RHP and Teasdale should be high on that list - they had similar points per game in the AHL to another 1999 birth player - Ylonen.

Forgot him as I made the list, my bad.

As for the other two, people have to request them (1 request per thread). I did bump a few guys up myself (again once per thread).

Reactions: 26Mats

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
Tuch again for me. Then Brook for sure. Next in line would be Mysak. Then Farrell and there's a drop off. Possibly a significant one there. Not that Kidney or Kapanen can't be as good or better as them, but they are too unproven for me to see them in the same tier today.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
How is Farrell ahead of Mysak!!

I get going Tuch here, he can be special.. but so can Jan! Lol

So can Sean!

I have them ranked Tuch, Mysak, Farrell, but could easily see the three changing positions over the next couple of years. Nice to have 3 solid prospects. Would be great if just one of them became a top 6 forward. I suppose if 2 became top 9 that would also be great.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
How is Farrell ahead of Mysak!!

I get going Tuch here, he can be special.. but so can Jan! Lol

So can Sean!

I have them ranked Tuch, Mysak, Farrell, but could easily see the three changing positions over the next couple of years. Nice to have 3 solid prospects. Would be great if just one of them became a top 6 forward. I suppose if 2 became top 9 that would also be great.

Being #2,3 or even 4th in vote can be deceptive, especially when #1 has half the votes. There's only 5 votes between Mysak and Farrell so it could easily turn around when the Tuch voters (currently 30 so more than twice as much as Farrell) vote for someone else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad