HF Habs: HFHabs 2021 Prospect Rankings #7

Who is our next best prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Graduated: Caufield, Romanov, Evans, Dauphin (due to age)
Gone: G. Olofsson, Ikonen, Rucheinski, Leguerrier, Demchenko, Verbeek, Fleury

1. Kaiden Guhle, 72.6% (+3)
2. Mattias Norlinder, 37.2% (+1)
3. Ryan Poehling, 37.4% (+3)
4. Logan Mailloux, 38.7% (NA)
5. Cayden Primeau, 68.7% (-)
6. Jordan Harris, 38.1% (+1)

If you want to influence who is added next, please post in the thread
Last year ranking: HF Habs: - Final 2020 HfHabs Prospect Rankings

Current order to be added:
Cameron Hillis
Joel Teasdale
Jakub Dobes
Daniil Sobolev
Joshua Roy
Lukas Vejdemo
Raphael Harvey-Pinard
Michael McNiven
Brett Stapley
Jacob Olofsson
Blake Biondi
Xavier Simoneau
Alexander Gordin
Otto Leskinen
Rhett Pitlick
Frederik Dichow
Joe Vrbetic
Jack Smith
Arsen Khisatmudinov
Jack Gorniak
Michael Pezzetta
Arvid Henrikson

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
went with Struble over Ylonen, mainly gased on ceiling.

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
I went with Tuch here. I like the way he plays the game. I think that will fasttrack him to the NHL.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
As expected Harris was running away with #6.

Going against what I expect is the grain with Brook. I still believe in the upside.

Hesitating between Struble, Brook and Ylonen. Almost vote Brook but in the end I went with Ylonen because it’s time we put another forward. :D

But honestly difference is thin between each prospect.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Hesitating between Struble, Brook and Ylonen. Almost vote Brook but in the end I went with Ylonen because it’s time we put another forward. :D

But honestly difference is thin between each prospect.

Personally, there's arguments for the next 6-8 prospects right now.

Reactions: SpezNc2

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I decided to vote based on Struble's upside, which in my opinion, is higher than Ylonen, Tuch, Brook or Mysak.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Among the rest, I think Farrell has the highest ceiling, a potential first-line forward.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Can’t wait for next season as there is many unknown because of Covid.

Guhle : we had a glimpse with Laval and Team Canada but very curious to see more hockey for him

Farrell : He is being beyond dominant in the USHL. But he was also older. Curious how he adjust for the next step. How smooth or difficult the transition is will give us a hint

Mailloux : He did not play much and he is therefore hard to probably evaluate. Also hockey wise there is obviously how can he develop with the elephant in the room.

Poehling/Brook : decent increase in production last season in the AHL. Can they build on that . Will they see some NHL action :

Ylonen : decent first season in the AHL. Intriguing prospect .

next season will bring some much clarity about our prospect pool like never before IMHO.

Etc.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Went with Struble based on upside. Ylonen is more than likely going to be an NHL player but he won’t be any special, Struble has a shot.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Why is Hillis going to be up next???? He is about 10-15 spots too high.

Because people want him to be next. As mentionned in OP, you can request a prospect to be next one to be added. I adjust the list depending on who people mention.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Because people want him to be next. As mentionned in OP, you can request a prospect to be next one to be added. I adjust the list depending on who people mention.
I understood that. I do not understand how multiple people could consider him, however. Is he even going to play in Laval this year? Vejdemo, Teasdale and RHP were WAYYY ahead of him last year. Several other draft picks at least have potential. Joshua Roy was a first overall pick out of MAAA. What does Hillis have that could ever make an impact in the NHL?

I'm hoping his supporters can provide me some additional information that might raise my estimation of him. I want to be wrong, not right.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
What does Hillis have that could ever make an impact in the NHL?

I'm hoping his supporters can provide me some additional information that might raise my estimation of him. I want to be wrong, not right.

his playmaking is his bread and butter, but he also plays the game the right way. He barely played this past season so we'll see where his game is at when camp starts. This past season sucked for many prospects in terms of covid and it's impact on them, we'll see what that leads to over the next few years.

Reactions: Treb

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
his playmaking is his bread and butter, but he also plays the game the right way. He barely played this past season so we'll see where his game is at when camp starts. This past season sucked for many prospects in terms of covid and it's impact on them, we'll see what that leads to over the next few years.
OK, "we'll see" is a fair approach. For me, that would eliminate him as one of the next few to get onto the poll, but it won't ruin my life to see a long shot there, so what?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->