HFDevils Official '18-19 Ticket/Prudential Center thread part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
there's this guy at red bull who really wants me to be a ticket holder. i'm running out of options (i literally told them i'm a season ticket holder for the devils and seton hall already) so i'm starting to like this idea.

hell, the devils are so **** i might only last one more year if we miss in 2019 and 2020 and upgrade my seton hall seats to something center court, low row.

Well I was telling the truth about my mother haha... but I enjoyed making the person feel like a real piece of crap.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Maybe I'm missing something here but isn't it their job to call "warm leads" to try to sell tickets?

Sure, they are young, fresh out of college and unpolished, but they call from a list of identified Devils fans.

Should they just crack open the yellow pages and start calling names alphabetically?

I was getting a few calls and emails earlier in the season.

I told them flat out there is no chance that I will buy any ticket plan this season.
That I go with friends who have seasons or I buy last minute on Stubhub

That seemed to work since I haven't been contacted since October

Tactics is one thing... but there was also a time like others here where my phone was ringing every single day especially at times I told them I'm at work and cannot answer the phone.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Maybe I'm missing something here but isn't it their job to call "warm leads" to try to sell tickets?

Sure, they are young, fresh out of college and unpolished, but they call from a list of identified Devils fans.

Should they just crack open the yellow pages and start calling names alphabetically?

I told them flat out there is no chance that I will buy any ticket plan this season.

yeah, that's why i kinda feel bad even though it's obviously business and not personal. i know they're just doing their job and not making a lot of money in the process.

Well I was telling the truth about my mother haha... but I enjoyed making the person feel like a real piece of crap.

damn now i feel bad :laugh: :help:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
there's this guy at red bull who really wants me to be a ticket holder. i'm running out of options (i literally told them i'm a season ticket holder for the devils and seton hall already) so i'm starting to like this idea.

hell, the devils are so **** i might only last one more year if we miss in 2019 and 2020 and upgrade my seton hall seats to something center court, low row.
Honestly you should get Red Bulls seasons in 101 and go to Devils games on the StubHub plan. Red Bulls seasons are easily the best value in all of pro sports in this area. You get first 2 rounds of CCL, any Open Cup home game except a semi or a final and first 2 home playoff games at no additional cost.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Honestly you should get Red Bulls seasons in 101 and go to Devils games on the StubHub plan. Red Bulls seasons are easily the best value in all of pro sports in this area. You get first 2 rounds of CCL, any Open Cup home game except a semi or a final and first 2 home playoff games at no additional cost.

yeah, most challenging part would be to find someone to go with every game haha.

i’m giving the devils one more year. i really got season tickets as a bucket list thing. sure, i *want* to keep them, but the team’s performance combined with new expenses in a few years and i’m probably quitting in 2020.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Selling a pair to the Blackhawks game on the 14th. Section 106 row 11, $40 for the pair. Paypal and Ticketmaster transfer.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Has any STH heard anything regarding renewals for next season? Compared to last season at this time, the silence is deafening.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Has any STH heard anything regarding renewals for next season? Compared to last season at this time, the silence is deafening.

Hah yeah they were locking them in by the end of January. I’d rather see what prices for next season are before I lock into using the buybacks especially since there are so many **** February games.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
Hah yeah they were locking them in by the end of January. I’d rather see what prices for next season are before I lock into using the buybacks especially since there are so many **** February games.

That's what I do each season. I wait until prices come out. I don't need a credit to go if i don't renew due to buybacks. Good luck getting people to stay if they raise prices. I know I'll probably be stopping if they do. I'm tired of watching a terrible product and having to pay for it super early.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I just completed a short survey from Prudential Center.

Nothing about the Devils, but about preferred music tastes and my income level

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Was able to sell my tickets on Saturday for profit. Devils or Flyers fan, doesn't matter, he/she paid too much. :laugh:

I sold the pair because Seton Hall tips off at 2:00 pm on Saturday and I'd rather watch them on TV than go to the Devils game. Not even joking.

That and I'm gonna sit through tomorrow's impending 6-2 doom because I hate myself.

Reactions: dbv

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Was able to sell my tickets on Saturday for profit. Devils or Flyers fan, doesn't matter, he/she paid too much. :laugh:

I sold the pair because Seton Hall tips off at 2:00 pm on Saturday and I'd rather watch them on TV than go to the Devils game. Not even joking.

That and I'm gonna sit through tomorrow's impending 6-2 doom because I hate myself.

Arrive early tomorrow to pick up the Ken Daneyko bobblehead
*I heard it says "Oh Boy!" when you tap it's head

Reactions: New Jersey

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010

On this date last season we had 52 points and were playing very well along with having not been out of a playoff spot for most of, if not all of the season to that point. They were likely trying to get renewals out so early to capitalize on the above and get as many in as they could based on that. They had other individual player story lines to play off of as well.

This year they have to craft up another narrative, but have very little to go off of at this point because of how poorly everything has played out. They know that if they were to start sending renewals out now, the response may not be well received. It'll be interesting to see if they again raise ticket prices or play around with the numbers to make it seem as if they didn't, because they have little to justify doing so.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
On this date last season we had 52 points and were playing very well along with having not been out of a playoff spot for most of, if not all of the season to that point. They were likely trying to get renewals out so early to capitalize on the above and get as many in as they could based on that. They had other individual player story lines to play off of as well.

This year they have to craft up another narrative, but have very little to go off of at this point because of how poorly everything has played out. They know that if they were to start sending renewals out now, the response may not be well received. It'll be interesting to see if they again raise ticket prices or play around with the numbers to make it seem as if they didn't, because they have little to justify doing so.

If the prices go up, back to the 200s I go. (Even then it might not be a big difference.)

Reactions: Wingman77

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
If the prices go up, back to the 200s I go. (Even then it might not be a big difference.)

I'd think if prices weren't going up we'd already know or at the least, someone somewhere would have heard unofficially from their rep. "Hey, renew now and your member price won't increase!". They did that season before last. This season is turning out to be the imperfect storm for pushing early renewals.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
This has nothing to do with the Devils but really has everything to do with them: Islanders reps have told people to expect fan friendly pricing and more value for their money next season with the team taking back control of marketing and ticket sales. The owners realize they need to build the fan base and are taking steps to do just that.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
This has nothing to do with the Devils but really has everything to do with them: Islanders reps have told people to expect fan friendly pricing and more value for their money next season with the team taking back control of marketing and ticket sales. The owners realize they need to build the fan base and are taking steps to do just that.

Basically what I've been arguing for on this website since my join date.

Reactions: sabremike

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
They. Are. Relentless.

I got a call yesterday, and the amazing thing is I NEVER answer. And I mean, NEVER. The number is stored in my phone, and I'll bet I havent picked-up in 3 or 4 years, but they still call (and leave emails)
I only answer because they try and lure me back with free tickets to ~2 games per year.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

They also have to sell tickets to two arenas, the primary one of which the fans hate and don't commute to well.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
They also have to sell tickets to two arenas, the primary one of which the fans hate and don't commute to well.
There is a very good chance that they are never going to play another game at Barclays after this season. Barclays doesn't want them and the feeling is entirely mutual. Also please explain why what they are doing is unwise while what the Devils ownership is doing is wise?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
There is a very good chance that they are never going to play another game at Barclays after this season. Barclays doesn't want them and the feeling is entirely mutual. Also please explain why what they are doing is unwise while what the Devils ownership is doing is wise?

It's not, I'm just saying they have a better record than us and worse attendance so they have to jump through even more hoops atm. If STH renewals here are a bloodbath then the Devils will start offering more incentives again.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017

Honestly the yellow page idea is probably better then any list they have now. I know they take the job as a stepping stone or intern. Just think how hard it is lol. Selling overpriced tickets to the fourth most popular sport with the 4th most popular team in that small market. Not to mention they are selling a product that the ability to acquire has changed and they haven’t changed to meet it.

How big can a list even be for devils tickets for them to call from?

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
It's not, I'm just saying they have a better record than us and worse attendance so they have to jump through even more hoops atm. If STH renewals here are a bloodbath then the Devils will start offering more incentives again.
That is entirely the result of the games at Barclays. The demand for Coliseum tickets is through the roof, and if you don't believe me go check out the prices for games on the secondary market.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
That is entirely the result of the games at Barclays. The demand for Coliseum tickets is through the roof, and if you don't believe me go check out the prices for games on the secondary market.

13k the last two games at the NVMC
Better than Barclay's, but Not through the roof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad