HFDevils Official '18-19 Ticket/Prudential Center thread part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
We can't blame NFL Sunday for today's weak crowd

Jets and Giants are playing meaningless games.

#flexpricing
#revenuesOverAtmosphere
#floorPayroll

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
12,872 announced
8500-9000 actual

Woof!

What can you reasonably expect though. The season being over before Christmas has a terribly deflationary effect on the fan base. That, and you have the people who are just disgusted; not to mention STH increasingly dumping their tickets on Stubhub, which hurts the team's ability to sell primary tix and/or generate walk-up sales.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Woof!

What can you reasonably expect though. The season being over before Christmas has a terribly deflationary effect on the fan base. That, and you have the people who are just disgusted; not to mention STH increasingly dumping their tickets on Stubhub, which hurts the team's ability to sell primary tix and/or generate walk-up sales.

All valid points.

HBSE wants to be a low payroll team now, then they have to expect this is being the norm going forward with less game day revenues

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
There was more than 8500-9000 in the building although I'm sure by the end of the second period there was a lot of early exits/trips down to the in-arena sports lounge to watch the football. That's going to be hell on the in-arena atmosphere.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Selling an extra pair for the Canucks game on the 31st, $50 for the pair. Section 133 row 1

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
There was more than 8500-9000 in the building although I'm sure by the end of the second period there was a lot of early exits/trips down to the in-arena sports lounge to watch the football. That's going to be hell on the in-arena atmosphere.

Agreed, no way that was only 8.5-9k. It wasn't that much different than the normal crowds. 11-12k is about right, the only really empty empty areas were the corner 200s

Reactions: dbv

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
not to mention STH increasingly dumping their tickets on Stubhub, which hurts the team's ability to sell primary tix and/or generate walk-up sales.

Lots of free vouchers floating out there from the food and toy drives that plenty of people sell for whatever they can get.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Agreed, no way that was only 8.5-9k. It wasn't that much different than the normal crowds. 11-12k is about right, the only really empty empty areas were the corner 200s

Lots of empty rows and seats everywhere.

No way more than 9500 actual today, I stick by around 9k

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Is Three Levels Bar still open for business? The new bar at Green & Mulberry

They were closed today and I was told they were closed yesterday for the two TSO shows.

Would be a shame if they already had to close only months of opening.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Is Three Levels Bar still open for business? The new bar at Green & Mulberry

They were closed today and I was told they were closed yesterday for the two TSO shows.

Would be a shame if they already had to close only months of opening.

I was originally going to go there to check it out but they don't look like they are at all interested in doing anything pregame wise for the Devils from what I've seen so I lost interest. I doubt the place lasts.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I was originally going to go there to check it out but they don't look like they are at all interested in doing anything pregame wise for the Devils from what I've seen so I lost interest. I doubt the place lasts.

I think they may already be done

How can you be closed on a Saturday for two sold out TSO shows?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Their Facebook markets it more as a club than a pre-show restaurant/bar so that's probably why.

I was just texted that they were open on the Friday pregame.

Apparently they open at Noon M-S, so I'll give them one more chance to be open next game I attend so I can Booze for Hughes

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The T.L.B. post made me wonder whatever happened to that brewery that opened, is it still in business? I never hear anyone here mention it and I forgot all about it.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
The T.L.B. post made me wonder whatever happened to that brewery that opened, is it still in business? I never hear anyone here mention it and I forgot all about it.

Port 44? Closed years ago. It was run about as poorly as any place you’d find on Kitchen Nightmares. My mom went there for a work event and at something crazy like $50 per person they served cut up hot dogs and had one cheese & crackers platter for a group of 40 or so people.

There was also the story (this is my recollection) of a group of Devils fans renting the place out for a viewing party only to arrive and find out that the owner had chosen to rent to a University of Kentucky/Kansas fan group in town for the NCAA March Madness tournament. Not endearing yourself to your frequent customers with that shortsighted decision.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Port 44? Closed years ago. It was run about as poorly as any place you’d find on Kitchen Nightmares. My mom went there for a work event and at something crazy like $50 per person they served cut up hot dogs and had one cheese & crackers platter for a group of 40 or so people.

There was also the story (this is my recollection) of a group of Devils fans renting the place out for a viewing party only to arrive and find out that the owner had chosen to rent to a University of Kentucky/Kansas fan group in town for the NCAA March Madness tournament. Not endearing yourself to your frequent customers with that shortsighted decision.

Yeah, great beer, but no one with a business background running the place let alone experience in the food/bev industry.
Except for the brewer who was good.

It's a nice building and set up (and close to The Rock) hopefully one day someone opens it up again. It won't happen until the market rate housing is finished first.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Port 44? Closed years ago. It was run about as poorly as any place you’d find on Kitchen Nightmares.

Figures.

More money from NJ resident's paychecks flushed down the drain.

EDIT:

"No tax returns of owners were evaluated during application process and the business went bankrupt, according to the forensic review."

ROFL. Only the government. :shakehead

Reactions: Colin226

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I'd like to know if all the seats include food like the center ice club seats or if some of them are just plain seats with no perks. I'll be damned if I inquire about this with the Devils. They finally gave up calling me every day a couple weeks ago.

imo they would all have to include the food/drink option. it would get too hectic and crazy having some people being able to eat and others not being able to eat ? good luck explaining that to potential clients if given those tickets without food

i too just saw them starting to pop up on stubhub. think first time all season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad