HFDevils Official '18-19 Ticket/Prudential Center thread part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
To be fair there's probably no way ticketmaster would allow that to happen for that long of a time period.

I don’t get it why does Ticketmaster even exsist anymore? You would think this Day age the leagues would just setup their own Ticketmaster or just have the teams set up their own. They would take in all the fees and surcharges.

Reactions: dbv

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Even the 200's were visibly filled. Nice crowd. The Sunday 6PM start was nice. You could get some things done during the day, go to the game and get home at a reasonable time. That and no work tomorrow for most made for a nice crowd.

Always said the 5pm Sunday games are absolutely the best. I really don’t get why they don’t try and get more of them. Yeah I know this was a 6pm game.

CHIP72

Mar 16, 2013
Silver Spring, MD
I don’t get it why does Ticketmaster even exist anymore? You would think this Day age the leagues would just setup their own Ticketmaster or just have the teams set up their own. They would take in all the fees and surcharges.

I'm guessing leagues don't do it because of the economies of scale and the fact setting up a ticket selling framework isn't their core competency. Look at how all the major sports leagues have allowed Fanatics to take over their official merchandising, another non-core competency area for pro sports leagues/teams, in the last five years.

As much as I dislike Ticketmaster, there would also be some logistical challenges with setting up concerts at larger venues, some of which are concert-specific venues rather than arenas or stadiums, if a large promoter like Ticketmaster didn't exist. That's why many more popular bands partner with Ticketmaster/Live Nation when setting up their tours. Even in cases where independent promoters organize concerts, like I.M.P. in the DC area, those promoters usually oversee more than one concert venue, and the largest indie promoters operate multiple venues of different sizes and configurations (indoor/outdoor, mostly reserved seating/mostly general admission standing, etc.).

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I don’t get it why does Ticketmaster even exsist anymore? You would think this Day age the leagues would just setup their own Ticketmaster or just have the teams set up their own. They would take in all the fees and surcharges.

They do that in Philly, Wells Fargo Center sells all their own tickets. Website is trash and the fees are just as bad as ticketmaster.

CHIP72

Mar 16, 2013
Silver Spring, MD
They do that in Philly, Wells Fargo Center sells all their own tickets. Website is trash and the fees are just as bad as ticketmaster.

Right - after I posted my thoughts above, I remembered Comcast Spectacor has a ticket distribution setup, not just for most events at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia but a few other places as well. As you noted, Comcast Spectacor’s fees are just as bad as Ticketmaster’s.

It should be noted the 76ers do NOT process their ticket sales through Comcast Spectacor; they sell through StubHub, at least for all of their online sales.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Interesting change since I was last at the arena. The area behind section 106 that is very open and used to have a Jack Daniels bar is now the “Heinken Deck” with tables and a ledge so you can stand there and watch the game while eating or having a beer. It looks pretty sweet.

Sorry if this is old news. Been a while since I was here.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Interesting change since I was last at the arena. The area behind section 106 that is very open and used to have a Jack Daniels bar is now the “Heinken Deck” with tables and a ledge so you can stand there and watch the game while eating or having a beer. It looks pretty sweet.

They didn't do it that long ago but it was sometime in the last handful of games. Just don't think anyone posted about it. Until they get fan friendly concession prices it's useless to me because I refuse to be price gouged on good and drinks here. $7 for a shitty hot dog is the biggest joke.

Last edited:
Reactions: Colin226

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

Yup. Section 107

Other breaking news, the Pats won the Super Bowl :sarcasm:

Last edited:

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I'm guessing leagues don't do it because of the economies of scale and the fact setting up a ticket selling framework isn't their core competency. Look at how all the major sports leagues have allowed Fanatics to take over their official merchandising, another non-core competency area for pro sports leagues/teams, in the last five years.

As much as I dislike Ticketmaster, there would also be some logistical challenges with setting up concerts at larger venues, some of which are concert-specific venues rather than arenas or stadiums, if a large promoter like Ticketmaster didn't exist. That's why many more popular bands partner with Ticketmaster/Live Nation when setting up their tours. Even in cases where independent promoters organize concerts, like I.M.P. in the DC area, those promoters usually oversee more than one concert venue, and the largest indie promoters operate multiple venues of different sizes and configurations (indoor/outdoor, mostly reserved seating/mostly general admission standing, etc.).

hey granted i dont know how the show biz end of facilities work but you would think that they are big enough that each building would have their own workforce that could coordinate with the music/show acts with sales and scheduling and stuff like that. there is definitely money to be made with that all and to me just strange that ticketmaster seems to be the only game in town with that. also side note i'm not as young and hip with all the new stuff i only really buy off stubhub so maybe there is another company that does it beside ticketmaster.

to add to the guy that posted the philly doing it themselves. i'm not denying that the prices/fees would be the same or worse just that its weird teams wouldn't want to get a bigger slice of that pie and cut the "middle man" out

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
They didn't do it that long ago but it was sometime in the last handful of games. Just don't think anyone posted about it. Until they get fan friendly concession prices it's useless to me because I refuse to be price gouged on good and drinks here. $7 for a ****ty hot dog is the biggest joke.

still say they will at some point do a club seat style section in one of the upper decks or somewhere.

CHIP72

Mar 16, 2013
Silver Spring, MD
You haven't lived till you've seen Patrick Warburton singing Locomotive Breath with the dueling piano guys in the Lofts after the game.

Hey, did the lyrics go something like this?

In the shuffling madness
Of the locomotive breath
Don't mess with the Devils
We beat anybody to death

We've got them by the balls
We're the Devils. The Devils! Haaa!!!

Sarge18

Feb 17, 2007
Tell us more :nod:
Not much more to it. It was after just about everybody left. Only ones there were the Devils staff but they didn't kick anybody out. The dueling piano guys were wrapping things up and he went up to them and wanted to sing a song or two. He's got a Pearl Jam cover band where he does vocals so singing isn't new to him. We didn't wanna bother him but he had no problem chatting it up with fans, taking photos and signing autographs the whole time up there. Couldn't be a more down earth guy.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Not much more to it. It was after just about everybody left. Only ones there were the Devils staff but they didn't kick anybody out. The dueling piano guys were wrapping things up and he went up to them and wanted to sing a song or two. He's got a Pearl Jam cover band where he does vocals so singing isn't new to him. We didn't wanna bother him but he had no problem chatting it up with fans, taking photos and signing autographs the whole time up there. Couldn't be a more down earth guy.

A great moment in time for you

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The Journey Starts Now

That's the title of the 2019-2020 STH pitch email I just received.

Sounds like they've wisened up & are setting a low bar instead of grandiose pronouncements.

#NowWeRise

#Relentless

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
The Journey Starts Now

That's the title of the 2019-2020 STH pitch email I just received.

Sounds like they've wisened up & are setting a low bar instead of grandiose pronouncements.

#NowWeRise

#Relentless

I laughed at this part of the email.

For less than $5 per day ($129 per month), you can be at Prudential Center for all the action next season.

HellOnIce

Jun 28, 2007

There's something to be said about how these sports companies vendor everything out because of core competency - they sort of let their own future rely on outside vendors re: ticketing, merchandising, concessions - all three are run by other orgs. SeatGeek is starting to try and play in the TM space, but it's super super hard because of LiveNation/TM control of artists and ticketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad