Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
13k the last two games at the NVMC
Better than Barclay's, but Not through the roof
The few hundred unsold tickets last night are the result of the "classy" Barclays/Yormark people marking them up to such an insane degree that buying on the secondary market is what any sane person will do. Also the unsold seats are almost all obstructed view (due to cameras/production).

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The few hundred unsold tickets last night are the result of the "classy" Barclays/Yormark people marking them up to such an insane degree that buying on the secondary market is what any sane person will do. Also the unsold seats are almost all obstructed view (due to cameras/production).

That's great for them.
We are thrilled

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
That's great for them.
We are thrilled
That's completely besides the point. They actually have demand and instead of skunking their fans like Devils ownership does (where they act like they are doing you a favor by selling you tickets) they are making being a STH have real value so that people say "that's a great deal" and buy them. Don't you think that's something this ownership could learn from and apply those lessons here? That's the point. Growing the fanbase and STH base should be priorities 1 through 1,000 for this organization. I want this team to grow and succeed so I would like ownership to make moves to accomplish that.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Question would the devils be a better draw If pru center was at the meadowlands or in Newark?

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
Question would the devils be a better draw If pru center was at the meadowlands or in Newark?

My guess is Newark. The train really helps. I've always wondered how many people on average take the train in from Manhattan to see a game.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Count me in. :thumbu:

i remember when the flyers played a game at the spectrum maybe it was preseason i dont remember it made me think they should've done something since the building is still standing. i get there are politics and logistics involved. that place has a ton of history involved its a shame they haven't/couldn't/won't do something like that

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
i remember when the flyers played a game at the spectrum maybe it was preseason i dont remember it made me think they should've done something since the building is still standing. i get there are politics and logistics involved. that place has a ton of history involved its a shame they haven't/couldn't/won't do something like that

The Spectrum was demolished in 2011.

Reactions: NjDevs4994

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Selling a pair for the Blackhawks game on Monday, January 14th. Section 106 row 11. $35 for the pair.

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
So I’ll be in town for the game vs the Flyers on Saturday. What is the best way to get tickets to the game now? Keep in mind I live in Arizona so I’m usually buying Coyotes tickets last minute for like $11 :laugh: on stubhub. You think I should just get them from stubhub or the like or could I scalp them for cheaper? Also what are your guys recommendations for lunch and drinks prior to the game? I haven’t been to Newark since Marty night and I was hammered then and can’t recall what places are around there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
So I’ll be in town for the game vs the Flyers on Saturday. What is the best way to get tickets to the game now? Keep in mind I live in Arizona so I’m usually buying Coyotes tickets last minute for like $11 :laugh: on stubhub.

Same (usually).

Buying tickets from people who paid more money than you will is nearly always the way to go. This game is a bit different, however, in that the Flyers are closeby to NJ, so both fan bases will attend, which increases demand. That said, both teams are terrible, so if I had to guess I'd assume prices on Stubhub will be dropping. Cheapest get-in price is $68, which is VERY high for a 2018 Devils game. If you have access to a printer, buying late tomorrow night or Saturday morning will be the way to go, IMHO.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Same (usually).

Buying tickets from people who paid more money than you will is nearly always the way to go. This game is a bit different, however, in that the Flyers are closeby to NJ, so both fan bases will attend, which increases demand. That said, both teams are terrible, so if I had to guess I'd assume prices on Stubhub will be dropping. Cheapest get-in price is $68, which is VERY high for a 2018 Devils game. If you have access to a printer, buying late tomorrow night or Saturday morning will be the way to go, IMHO.

The scalper family that operates outside the box office and Champ Plaza have been offering great deals this season, I would suggest brining cash and see what you can get from them.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The scalper family that operates outside the box office and Champ Plaza have been offering great deals this season, I would suggest brining cash and see what you can get from them.

I've never been able to figure out how they get their inventory. I know they try to buy tix from incoming fans at silly cheap prices, but that's not the bulk of it.

What kind of prices are they offering this year? I wouldnt think they'll be offering "great deals" to a weekend Philly/NJ game at any rate. They'll likely have good luck raping Philly fans showing up empty-handed.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I've never been able to figure out how they get their inventory. I know they try to buy tix from incoming fans at silly cheap prices, but that's not the bulk of it.

What kind of prices are they offering this year? I wouldnt think they'll be offering "great deals" to a weekend Philly/NJ game at any rate. They'll likely have good luck raping Philly fans showing up empty-handed.

I've been told they have connections to a few corporate accounts that get tickets through sponsorship deals with the Devils.
Though of course I have no proof, but it sounds plausible.

And, they also buy from fans that have extras and then try to sell them to others at higher prices.

Some nights they take a bath but others they turn a profit.

One game I bought a pair 12 rows from the ice on the blue line for $50 total, around a half hour before puck drop.
The guy started with $80 total, I haggled down to $50 after he saw me asking other fans if they had extras.
The hard tickets were someone's season tickets, probably a corporate account.

Hopefully they do price gauge Philly fans, but Devils fans should haggle with them, you can usually get a great deal since they don't want to be stuck with a wad of tickets in their hand at the end of the day.

kevynadams42

May 2, 2010
My guess is Newark. The train really helps. I've always wondered how many people on average take the train in from Manhattan to see a game.

I live in the city. I am originally from Toronto, but I go to 1-4 Devils games per season. It's not a bad commute. Seems daunting, but if you take the train from Penn it's easy. I live in Soho - technically the Path is closer to me but going from Penn is way easier.

In my opinion it is a far less daunting ride to Newark than to the Meadowlands. The transfer situation for football games is annoying.

Love the Devils rink. Great sight-lines, bargain prices, and a genuinely great atmosphere when full. I went to one of the games against Tampa in the first round last year and I was impressed.

By comparison, Barclays is 10-12 mins on the subway from my doorstep and I have marginal interest in going. Then again, it is the worst venue in the league by a country mile.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I live in the city. I am originally from Toronto, but I go to 1-4 Devils games per season. It's not a bad commute. Seems daunting, but if you take the train from Penn it's easy. I live in Soho - technically the Path is closer to me but going from Penn is way easier.

In my opinion it is a far less daunting ride to Newark than to the Meadowlands. The transfer situation for football games is annoying.

Love the Devils rink. Great sight-lines, bargain prices, and a genuinely great atmosphere when full. I went to one of the games against Tampa in the first round last year and I was impressed.

By comparison, Barclays is 10-12 mins on the subway from my doorstep and I have marginal interest in going. Then again, it is the worst venue in the league by a country mile.
To be fair, how many people come out from the city for Devils games? I'm guessing very few unless it's against the Rags or Isles.

I think it's more important for other events such as concerts.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
To be fair, how many people come out from the city for Devils games? I'm guessing very few unless it's against the Rags or Isles.

I actually think it's much higher than what you're thinking. I work on wall street and live in downtown jersey city and I always see a ton of people in Devils attire around the world trade center and grove street path stations before games.

On a different note, I have glass seats to tonights game for the first time since I was a kid and just realized they came with club access. Anyone have tips on food/etc. Is the experience worth it? I've never bothered with club seats as I usually prefer to go for rodizio or a trip to Tops Diner before or after a game, but if it's included I figured I might as well check it out.

Reactions: Nubmer6

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

Definitely way more for concerts but you'd be surprised that a decent amount take the train back to Manhattan after Devils games

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I actually think it's much higher than what you're thinking. I work on wall street and live in downtown jersey city and I always see a ton of people in Devils attire around the world trade center and grove street path stations before games.

On a different note, I have glass seats to tonights game for the first time since I was a kid and just realized they came with club access. Anyone have tips on food/etc. Is the experience worth it? I've never bothered with club seats as I usually prefer to go for rodizio or a trip to Tops Diner before or after a game, but if it's included I figured I might as well check it out.

Congrats on the seats!

Arrive at early as you can, meaning be online to get in to The Rock by 5:15

Go directly to the club and feast away.

Ask an employee if your seats also give you access to free food in The Restaurant, which is on the first floor suite level.

Reactions: 135ace

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I've been told they have connections to a few corporate accounts that get tickets through sponsorship deals with the Devils.
Though of course I have no proof, but it sounds plausible.

And, they also buy from fans that have extras and then try to sell them to others at higher prices.

Some nights they take a bath but others they turn a profit.

One game I bought a pair 12 rows from the ice on the blue line for $50 total, around a half hour before puck drop.
The guy started with $80 total, I haggled down to $50 after he saw me asking other fans if they had extras.
The hard tickets were someone's season tickets, probably a corporate account.

Hopefully they do price gauge Philly fans, but Devils fans should haggle with them, you can usually get a great deal since they don't want to be stuck with a wad of tickets in their hand at the end of the day.

Why even bother just go on stubhub even outside the area and buy it for the cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad