HFDevils Official ‘20-21 Tickets and Prudential Center Thread (tickets are nontransferable in 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
The Jets and Giants also stopped season ticket payments back when Covid first hit which was nice of them. I’ve read some other teams weren’t as nice with deadlines being firm. I payed my Devils seats in full so the pausing of the payment plan didn’t really apply to me but I think they started charging again? Someone here could better answer that.

Yeah it was only to skip payments for a few months, maybe 2 or 3. I declined since it was just gonna make the payments bigger for the rest of the months but they have been charging me every month.

Last edited:

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
BREAKING NEWS in my inbox today from the Devils!

C9075-CB2-A2-D3-4-BA6-8-EF7-B295-BF5411-BB.jpg

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Nothing too crazy, but I saw on Twitter that Wendy's just opened a location at 187 Market Street in Newark (which is between Broad Street and Mulberry). Open daily from 9:30am - 8:00pm.

I'm personally a big fan of Wendy's as far as fast food goes since I like the variety of grilled chicken sandwiches and their salads. So it's nice to add a quick, healthier (depending what you get) option for pre-game dinner.

Reactions: Devils731

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
Nothing too crazy, but I saw on Twitter that Wendy's just opened a location at 187 Market Street in Newark (which is between Broad Street and Mulberry).

I'm wondering what restaurants will still be there when things return to normal again. Dinosaur and Hobby's closed down in March and haven't reopened even for takeout sadly.

Reactions: Colin226

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
This "deal" is garbage lol...

Don't pay for parking...

Place your $100 deposit toward season tickets and gain immediate access to Black and Red benefits, including being entered for a chance to win Free Parking for the entire 2020-21 Season!

(That's a savings of more than $600!)

Click the button below and complete the form before 11:59PM ET this Sunday, August 30th to be eligible to win
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It says current members are automatically entered so you’d be eligible. But parking doesn’t interest me cause it’s easier for me to get out from the lot I park than from their lots at the arena.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
It says current members are automatically entered so you’d be eligible. But parking doesn’t interest me cause it’s easier for me to get out from the lot I park than from their lots at the arena.

I clearly can't read today lol parking doesn't interest me either I do wonder who the hell is exactly putting deposits down when we don't even know when or if games will be played or how reduced the capacity might be.

They see this email, oh I might be able to win free parking? Sign me up!

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ

My guess is there's no way a current member will win if they're only picking one winner, and that this is just to appease the "No purchase necessary" legalese they have to put for contests.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Some interesting updates on the Prudential Center:

Seton Hall and Prudential Center to host 2025 NCAA Regional - Seton Hall University Athletics
Seton Hall University and Prudential Center have been selected to host an NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament regional in 2025, the NCAA announced Wednesday as part of its unveiling of more than 450 selections of host sites for preliminary rounds and final sites of predetermined championships in Divisions I, II and III, with most to be held from 2022-23 through 2025-26. The regional will take place March 27 and 29 in 2025.

This will be the first NCAA men's basketball tournament site in the state of New Jersey since Prudential Center and Seton Hall hosted the East Regional in 2011.

-------------------------------------------

Verizon named official 5G and wireless partner of Prudential Center
Verizon is bringing the power of 5G to the New Jersey Devils and Prudential Center through a multi-year partnership, making Verizon the Exclusive 5G and Wireless Partner of each. Via the agreement, Verizon will bring 5G innovation to Prudential Center and GRAMMY Museum ExperienceTM Prudential Center; this makes the home arena of the Devils the first indoor arena equipped with 5G technology in the State of New Jersey.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011

Who was the sponsor when that video board caught on fire in the Lafayette St entrance many years ago? Verizon, right? Wasn't there a dispute about who should pay for the damages Verizon or Pru Center? I could be way off but I remember something like that happening.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Who was the sponsor when that video board caught on fire in the Lafayette St entrance many years ago? Verizon, right? Wasn't there a dispute about who should pay for the damages Verizon or Pru Center? I could be way off but I remember something like that happening.

Yup, it was a Verizon video board that caught fire in the Lafayette Street tower. I believe the story was that Vanderbeek argued they should have to pay for the damages and such. It pissed Verizon off so much that they basically cut all ties with the Devils and PruCenter. So to me this signifies a turning of the page, which is good because Verizon has deep marketing pockets and the arena is a great place for them to be advertising.

Ordered an iPhone 12 today so hopefully I’ll be able to take advantage of the 5G before I upgrade again in 6 years.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
I miss going to Pru Center for games. I miss the hockey of course but I probably miss seeing all my friends at the arena even more. Hanging with everyone makes the game feel secondary sometimes especially when the team hasn't been playing well. Can't wait to be back someday.....

Reactions: Colin226 and dbv

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Newark Penn Station to get $190 million makeover
The makeover will include restoration of waiting room benches and platform enclosures; brighter and more efficient LED lighting throughout the station; completely renovated bathrooms; restored and repaired platform doors; improved HVAC and air handling; and fresh paint and restored tilework throughout the station.

Combine this with the work on the bridge connecting it to the park in front of Prudential Center, and I think the experience of taking the train to Newark for events will be greatly enhanced. Hopefully that will help draw even more people to events at the arena as well.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
New Jersey Devils on the Forbes The Business of Hockey List

Forbes updated their NHL valuations list. See above for the Devils' listing.
Team Valuation: $530 million (#15 in NHL)
Revenue: $152 million (#11 in NHL)
Operating Income: $4.1 million (#14 in NHL)
Gate Receipts: $36 million
Debt/Value: 24%

Here is the full list: The Business Of Hockey

A couple of interesting observations:
  • Ahead of 3 Canadian franchises and just behind EDM in overall value
  • Also ahead of last 2 Cup winners (Tampa Bay and St. Louis) in value
  • #11 in revenue is fantastic - and higher in revenue than the Capitals
  • Only $9 million behind Flyers in revenue (their fans make it seem like they would crush us here)
  • Beat Islanders in overall revenue per fan, market value, stadium value, and brand value

Reactions: Satans Hockey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad