HFDevils Official ‘20-21 Tickets and Prudential Center Thread (tickets are nontransferable in 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Finally got my remaining STH money refunded. :) Hopefully that will also be the end of the calls to continue being one of the Black & Red.

upload_2020-5-21_20-50-26.png

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Devils just sent out an email that member accounts have been updated to reflect money still owed (if on payment plan) and total credits from Buy Backs and cancelled games. So I will be paying $23 per month through January 2021 for my season ticket (dropped from 2 to 1). Not bad!

Reactions: Patrik26

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Going to be interesting to see if the Devils end up doing something like this for the the 20-21 season, the New York Giants are apparently doing this and it's really quite big news. Makes me think they either think that the season will absolutely not be played in front of fans or may not even happen at all...

"We are offering all season ticket members the ability to take a year off from buying their season tickets. If you decide to do this, you will have no obligation to pay for your season tickets this year – we will take them back into our inventory and we will see you in 2021"

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Going to be interesting to see if the Devils end up doing something like this for the the 20-21 season, the New York Giants are apparently doing this and it's really quite big news. Makes me think they either think that the season will absolutely not be played in front of fans or may not even happen at all...

"We are offering all season ticket members the ability to take a year off from buying their season tickets. If you decide to do this, you will have no obligation to pay for your season tickets this year – we will take them back into our inventory and we will see you in 2021"
Islanders are essentially doing the same thing only instead of having your seat for 21-22 you keep your current place in line for seats at the new arena.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I know some NFL teams have been offering the option to skip next season for season ticket holders but this is the first one I believe to flat out just say everyone is getting deffered. In any fans are allowed in its only going to be 14k or less...

2020 Ravens Season Tickets to Be Deferred

I think this will definitely lead to the NHL having to do something similar next season.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I know some NFL teams have been offering the option to skip next season for season ticket holders but this is the first one I believe to flat out just say everyone is getting deffered. In any fans are allowed in its only going to be 14k or less...

2020 Ravens Season Tickets to Be Deferred

I think this will definitely lead to the NHL having to do something similar next season.

The social distancing practice of six feet will have a HUGE impact on seating at any arena/stadium event. Think about the 100 level at Prudential. How wide are the seats, maybe 2 1/2 feet? That would mean for each seat used, the next two would have to be empty. But what about the row directly in front and behind? Does anyone sit in them and if so, where? Or does every other row go empty. There's going to be some really serious financial impact that could put some franchises in deep shit.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
The social distancing practice of six feet will have a HUGE impact on seating at any arena/stadium event. Think about the 100 level at Prudential. How wide are the seats, maybe 2 1/2 feet? That would mean for each seat used, the next two would have to be empty. But what about the row directly in front and behind? Does anyone sit in them and if so, where? Or does every other row go empty. There's going to be some really serious financial impact that could put some franchises in deep shit.

Yeah the whole thing is a mess, especially because different sections obviously cost different prices and people would absolutely get bumped to different sections if they have to properly social distance seats.

If they are allowed to have any crowds at all I'd really like to see them just go by seniority instead of some "lotto" system and just go down the seniority list and let those people have whatever seats are available and if they pass you keep going down the list. I think it's the most fair way to possibly do any of this. Including the NFL.

It's looking more and more like we'll be able to have the option to just skip next season at this rate and personally that's all I really want. I'll be back for the 21-22 season, I just have 0 interest in attending whatever mess this will be for next season.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ

And what about people needing to get by you to go to the restroom or if they are late getting back from buying food. Speaking of food, what'll they do about that?

The whole thing is a huuuuge mess.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
And what about people needing to get by you to go to the restroom or if they are late getting back from buying food. Speaking of food, what'll they do about that?

The whole thing is a huuuuge mess.

We had aisle seats the past 5 seasons and believe me while the extra leg room to the side was nice, the constant up/down to let others in/out of the aisle was a pain in the ass. Even with reduced capacity seating, we'd have to deal with what you mention and that's not a chance I'd be willing to take.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
We had aisle seats the past 5 seasons and believe me while the extra leg room to the side was nice, the constant up/down to let others in/out of the aisle was a pain in the ass. Even with reduced capacity seating, we'd have to deal with what you mention and that's not a chance I'd be willing to take.

That's actually why I sit in the middle of my row, never have to get up to let anyone by lol

I'm with you though I have no interest in taking a chance on attending any games for next season due to this. I wouldn't mind them offering the ability to purchase playoff tickets(lol I know) cause at least that would be more like May/June with his schedule and we would have a better idea of everything going on. December is just too close for me.

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
I already emailed my rep saying if the Devils don't offer an opt out this season, I'm going to ask for a refund.

I will not be attending many, if any games, while this virus is still going on.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I already emailed my rep saying if the Devils don't offer an opt out this season, I'm going to ask for a refund.

I will not be attending many, if any games, while this virus is still going on.

Let us know their response. I didn't bother emailing yet because I'm thinking it will be out of their hands anyway.

I just want the ability to keep my seats for the 21-22 season while skipping 20-21.

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
Let us know their response. I didn't bother emailing yet because I'm thinking it will be out of their hands anyway.

It's being taken under advisement, but they won't be making any decisions until it gets closer to the start of the new season.

With the rumors saying Dec 1, I'm guessing that means the Devils won't make a decision until October.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
It's being taken under advisement, but they won't be making any decisions until it gets closer to the start of the new season.

With the rumors saying Dec 1, I'm guessing that means the Devils won't make a decision until October.

Thanks and makes sense, we know they want to hold on to the money as long as possible which is whatever to me at this point anyway.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Going to be interesting to see what happens here, there's apparently conflicting reports that these teams are exempt from this but since it's breaking news nothing is confirmed yet. If it's true I don't see how you can keep people out of outdoor stadiums and not indoor arenas so I don't see crowds for the Flyers or 76ers and I'd imagine NJ and probably NYC will end up doing the same as this...

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I don't see how the Devils have fans inside the arena come December 1st at this point, they will do what the NFL has been doing and wait until a few weeks before so they can hold on to the money as long as possible...

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
BTW lol at the Devils sending e-mails advertising group tickets for ten or more people. As if that's happening anytime soon.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I've gotten the same group email back to back weeks now. Requesting deposits now is just not appropriate.

I’ve gotten it two weeks in a row as well. And I’ve ‘never’ bought group tickets directly from the Devils.

It’s not even so much the greed as it is being tone deaf. The Jets and Giants just announced there won’t be a fan at home games this year which goes at least two months into the proposed hockey season start and is five plus months off.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
I’ve gotten it two weeks in a row as well. And I’ve ‘never’ bought group tickets directly from the Devils.

It’s not even so much the greed as it is being tone deaf. The Jets and Giants just announced there won’t be a fan at home games this year which goes at least two months into the proposed hockey season start and is five plus months off.

The Jets and Giants also stopped season ticket payments back when Covid first hit which was nice of them. I’ve read some other teams weren’t as nice with deadlines being firm. I payed my Devils seats in full so the pausing of the payment plan didn’t really apply to me but I think they started charging again? Someone here could better answer that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad