HFDevils Official ‘20-21 Tickets and Prudential Center Thread (tickets are nontransferable in 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
At least you'll get a credit (or SHOULD). By not renewing, I'll be out about $800 for the remaining games plus $200 in buybacks I had already used. C'est la vie.
Can you renew at a cheap enough price point where you take advantage of it?

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Can you renew at a cheap enough price point where you take advantage of it?

With the current economic situation, it's not worth the risk. My company has been furloughing the entire organization this month for 2 weeks and the projection for May and June aren't any better. Beyond that, it's a crapshoot. Disposable income is not a given. Oh well.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
With the current economic situation, it's not worth the risk. My company has been furloughing the entire organization this month for 2 weeks and the projection for May and June aren't any better. Beyond that, it's a crapshoot. Disposable income is not a given. Oh well.

i'm sure they will offer us a nice credit which will be completely useless since tickets will be even cheaper next season on the secondary market haha. i'm sorry that you have so much tied up with them. i feel awful but only have $300-$350 tied up with them for the rest of this season. i'm hoping they do the right thing for those of us who didn't renew and just offer a refund.

if they were smart they would do that option or say keep your money with us and we will give you an extra lets say 25% credit this way it appears to be a better deal which we know it isn't but it would give the appearance.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Kind of curious what everyone here thinks on this. It's pretty safe to say that most people that post on here are in most cases educated consumers that have a different tolerance on when to walk away/renew. It's kind of unfair to take this group as an accurate sample size.

Out of the people you guys know that also have tickets, are they educated consumers as well? Most people I know with seats either have them for business reasons and are renewing and don't care since most get given away (even though I point out that you can do that with secondary seats) or are people that like going, like their seats and just pay the invoice.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Kind of curious what everyone here thinks on this. It's pretty safe to say that most people that post on here are in most cases educated consumers that have a different tolerance on when to walk away/renew. It's kind of unfair to take this group as an accurate sample size.

Out of the people you guys know that also have tickets, are they educated consumers as well? Most people I know with seats either have them for business reasons and are renewing and don't care since most get given away (even though I point out that you can do that with secondary seats) or are people that like going, like their seats and just pay the invoice.

I would agree that the STH I know fall into one of those two buckets. They’re either owning the seats for business and renewing isn’t much of a financial burden/decision, or they are passionate fans who enjoy their seat location and attending 25+ games a season.

I do see some people post on social media who maybe got season tickets as like an impulse decision, and then have some buyer’s remorse when they realize they can’t sell most games for a profit (especially the lesser desirable ones - go figure!). Or they realize that going to 25+ games when the team is struggling isn’t something they want to do. The ancillary perks don’t really make up for those things anymore.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
i’m the latter. i like the flex plan because i can’t make all the games and while i usually just go with my wife, 2-3 times a year i’ll get a whole bunch and take my dad and nieces and brother in law and it’s great. don’t mind spending the money rather than going on stubhub because i like supporting the team and some of the events are fun to take my nieces to

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Seems like the Devils have stopped credit card payments?

They have if you didn't login to choose to pay this month's payment. They did this last month too. Otherwise your monthly payments are just going to increase which is why I decided to just keep paying it regularly.

You should have gotten an email about it.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
Check your email for 3 options for what to do with the rest of your money for this season and yes a refund is an option.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Check your email for 3 options for what to do with the rest of your money for this season and yes a refund is an option.

A refund was always going to be an option. I don't know why anyone was concerned that it wasn't going to be.

I'll probably just roll mine over because between the 7 games that we get crefit on and my other buyback games I'll barely owe anything for next year.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
A refund was always going to be an option. I don't know why anyone was concerned that it wasn't going to be.

I'll probably just roll mine over because between the 7 games that we get crefit on and my other buyback games I'll barely owe anything for next year.

decent incentives to keep the money with them but we decided a while ago that we were done as a season ticket holder so i requested the refund.

Reactions: Patrik26

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
decent incentives to keep the money with them but we decided a while ago that we were done as a season ticket holder so i requested the refund.

Makes sense. For those that renewed unless someone absolutely needs the money instantly I don't see a benefit to getting a refund because worst case scenario if they start next season with no fans they would just have to refund us the money for those games anyway.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
The e-mail I received offers a $150 concession credit for the 2020-21 season. The online form to submit offers a $500 concession credit for the 2020-21 season. :huh: Not to mention the other differences. The clown show continues. F.U.B.A.R.

upload_2020-5-4_23-2-14.png

upload_2020-5-4_23-1-33.png

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Funny that they offered better incentives to keep my roughly $550 with them versus offering next to nothing if I locked myself into a 2-year STH contract. Had they offered something like this for the 2-year contract, I probably would have taken it.

I went with the food/bev credit.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
Funny that they offered better incentives to keep my roughly $550 with them versus offering next to nothing if I locked myself into a 2-year STH contract. Had they offered something like this for the 2-year contract, I probably would have taken it.

I went with the food/bev credit.

Now they don't have a choice. They need to keep as much money as they can because well if you thought you could get tix for basically next to nothing this past season , just wait and see what happens next year. They are going to paper the arena even more than usual.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
There's no guarantee there will be fans in the building for next season. Even if there are, if no vaccine is available for COVID, who in their right mind is going to sit in proximity of other fans? No thank you.

The other part of this is Devils management needs to come to grips with is many people simply don't have discretionary income to part with now. My GF and I make very good money, but if either of us lose our jobs, the first thing that would go are the Devils tickets. We got ahead of the curve and gave them up already.

EDIT: And just as I finished this post, my rep called and left a message - the day after I requested my refund.

Reactions: superyan

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
There's no guarantee there will be fans in the building for next season. Even if there are, if no vaccine is available for COVID, who in their right mind is going to sit in proximity of other fans? No thank you.

Plenty of people will plus there will most likely be some sort of social distancing setup, a limited capacity, etc etc. There's been lots of articles about how things may work but obviously nobody knows for sure until we get there. It's not even something I'm concerned about because we are way off from being at that point yet. I'll worry about in when we see how everything goes.

dbv

Jul 5, 2006

The other part of this is Devils management needs to come to grips with is many people simply don't have discretionary income to part with now. My GF and I make very good money, but if either of us lose our jobs, the first thing that would go are the Devils tickets. We got ahead of the curve and gave them up already.

EDIT: And just as I finished this post, my rep called and left a message - the day after I requested my refund.
What did the rep have to say?

also... I am often hard on the devils, but the fact they are paying all employees, and paying arena workers thru June1, is much more than other team / companies are commendable. I will let them keep my money.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
What did the rep have to say?

also... I am often hard on the devils, but the fact they are paying all employees, and paying arena workers thru June1, is much more than other team / companies are commendable. I will let them keep my money.

mine just asked if there was anything he could do to switch my refund to the credit option.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
It's not to hard to come up with a list of things you want to sway you. All they can do is say no.

i thought they did a nice job on "perks" in terms of keeping my money as a credit if i wanted. but there is too much unknown for next season and quite frankly if you thought this season was cheap to get into games you haven't seen anything yet. plus i just wanted to be officially done as a season ticket holder after 9 years.

Reactions: Patrik26

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
i thought they did a nice job on "perks" in terms of keeping my money as a credit if i wanted. but there is too much unknown for next season and quite frankly if you thought this season was cheap to get into games you haven't seen anything yet. plus i just wanted to be officially done as a season ticket holder after 9 years.
I totally get it. When I was younger and had more time on my hands, I had Devils tickets on and off and they really piled on the guilt when you didn't renew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad