HFDevils Official ‘20-21 Tickets and Prudential Center Thread (tickets are nontransferable in 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucifer91

Jul 29, 2011
NJ
Thanks guys, I booked a room at the Marriott, I go there because I have the card and get 6x the points if I stay at a Marriott. They say you can stay in the parking garage between the prudential center and the hotel. I hope they have some pregame festivities before the home opener on the plaza.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Thanks guys, I booked a room at the Marriott, I go there because I have the card and get 6x the points if I stay at a Marriott. They say you can stay in the parking garage between the prudential center and the hotel. I hope they have some pregame festivities before the home opener on the plaza.

If the weather is nice I can't see them not having pregame festivities

Reactions: lucifer91

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010

They have been doing a red carpet type event the past few home openers, having the players arrive at Championship Plaza and walk through as fans are surrounding as in this one clip below from last season's home opener. As @Satans Hockey mentioned, as long as the weather is good, this will likely be going on. Even staying at that Marriott which is right on the backside of the Prudential Center, it is only 2-2.5 blocks from Newark Penn Station so you are still close to the train if you wanted to wander outside of Newark too depending on the time you have to work with on your trip.

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
Like $18.4M is going to be enough when it is all said and done. Dealing with NJ, they left out a whole bunch of stuff. First of all you're going to have to grease the local politicians for the sudden zoning problems that always come up. Then there's the kickbacks to the carpenters, and if you plan on using any cement in this building I'm sure the teamsters would like to have a little chat with ya, and that'll cost ya. Oh and don't forget a little something for the building inspectors. Then there's long term costs such as waste disposal. I don't know if you're familiar with who runs that business but I assure you it's not the boyscouts.

Sarge18

Feb 17, 2007
Like $18.4M is going to be enough when it is all said and done. Dealing with NJ, they left out a whole bunch of stuff. First of all you're going to have to grease the local politicians for the sudden zoning problems that always come up. Then there's the kickbacks to the carpenters, and if you plan on using any cement in this building I'm sure the teamsters would like to have a little chat with ya, and that'll cost ya. Oh and don't forget a little something for the building inspectors. Then there's long term costs such as waste disposal. I don't know if you're familiar with who runs that business but I assure you it's not the boyscouts.
I hear they got a break on the price of widgets though so that might keep costs down.

Reactions: Prezidentas Zubrus

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Just cashed in a bunch of Marriott points for some hockey trips in December (mainly Flyers games so the wife can catch up). It’s glorious!!
Yea, it's always a roll of the dice on whether it's worth using points or not. For example, the Hilton Doubletree wants 50k for the same night (Marriott pts are typically worth slightly more than Hilton 1 for 1....but not 50k vs 17.5k lol).

Reactions: Colin226

lucifer91

Jul 29, 2011
NJ
Yea, it's always a roll of the dice on whether it's worth using points or not. For example, the Hilton Doubletree wants 50k for the same night (Marriott pts are typically worth slightly more than Hilton 1 for 1....but not 50k vs 17.5k lol).
I didn't use the points for the opening night, but using the card i get 6x the points. I am saving the points for a stay at the Marriott in Aruba, hopefully next summer.

WB233629

Aug 9, 2019
FYI - if anyone is looking for two season tickets there are apparently (according to the TM website) two available is the 1st row of section 102. $58 / game on average.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
FYI - if anyone is looking for two season tickets there are apparently (according to the TM website) two available is the 1st row of section 102. $58 / game on average.

I’m not a fan of that for two reasons:

1) I’ve gone down and sat in the front row of that balcony, and I find you need to lean forward and look over the railing to see action along the boards on that end. The seats were almost too low or maybe the railing too high. I’m tall too so a shorter person would have even more of an issue.

2) More importantly, row 4 in that balcony is priced at roughly $38.60 per game. So for two tickets you’re paying an extra $26 per game - $1,144 per season - to sit about 8 to 10 feet closer to the action. I’d rather put that money towards all of the other costs associated with having season tickets (travel, parking, eating out, beers, etc).

I actually think the Devils should move to 3 price points in that attack twice balcony. They’re generally well-attended because you’re almost hanging over the majority of the scoring action, but I think 3 price points might help get some more STH in other parts of the building to move over (given I would assume you make the back rows cheaper than they currently are).

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Rewards Program just went live for those who opted-in for it and damn... I ended last season with 47k points and now have 97k. I guess enough people dropped it that they gave out extra points to everyone who kept their points. Just got club seats for the wife and I for the 11/1 game vs Flyers and I still have 90k left.

I’m not sure if I should blow all my points this season or save some and hope they bring it back for 2021..

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Rewards Program just went live for those who opted-in for it and damn... I ended last season with 47k points and now have 97k. I guess enough people dropped it that they gave out extra points to everyone who kept their points. Just got club seats for the wife and I for the 11/1 game vs Flyers and I still have 90k left.

I’m not sure if I should blow all my points this season or save some and hope they bring it back for 2021..

How many points did you start the season with last year? Points carry over and there's some formula of like years as a season ticket holder plus amount of seats plus money spent that comes up with how many you get each year.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008

Do you have the rewards link? I’m not able to find it anywhere.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
How many points did you start the season with last year? Points carry over and there's some formula of like years as a season ticket holder plus amount of seats plus money spent that comes up with how many you get each year.

I didn’t use many points last season in the hopes they would keep this system active for another year, so it’s paying off. Pretty sure I started with like 54k. I used a little bit for some merch but other than that I banked most. Could result in some fun this season lol

Reactions: Satans Hockey

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
Season tickets just showed up at the office. Same stock type as last year and the design isn't much different. Each game has a different player on it. Included in the package was a few pins, some lanyards and one scarf per season ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad