HFDevils Official ‘20-21 Tickets and Prudential Center Thread (tickets are nontransferable in 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
What does this mean exactly? We have to reuse the buyback on these games if they come up with a new date?

It's very poor wording but it means if you transfered or sold them to someone that person will still have the tickets for the makeup date.

If you already used a buyback for say the Carolina game that was tonight it will still be counted as a buyback when they make up the dates....... I do assume though that if you can now go to that date and wanted the tickets back you could get them back as long as nobody bought them through ticketmaster.... Which honestly nobody did at full price anyway lol

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
A credit's fine for me since I'm going to have season tickets next season anyway, even though I was already gonna use three of the upcoming games (including tonight) for buyback but my concerns are twofold:

-If we do have postponed regular season games played at a later date and people can't (or don't want to) go to the makeup games what happens then? Especially since almost all season ticket holders will want to get money back on meaningless makeup games but some of them would want to go regardless and not be able to.

-If the regular season games are canceled will people who aren't renewing get completely screwed if they only offer credit toward next season or will they actually get a refund?

From the email they sent that I posted we can just take all the buybacks we want for the new dates.

The only thing I wish I did was use all my 8 buybacks already lol could have rolled that into 15 total buybacks with the remaining 7 home games lol

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
Did I miss in the email about those who didn't renew and won't make the rescheduled games?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
From the email they sent that I posted we can just take all the buybacks we want for the new dates.

The only thing I wish I did was use all my 8 buybacks already lol could have rolled that into 15 total buybacks with the remaining 7 home games lol

I don't know if that email really means you can use 'extra' buybacks on those games beyond the eight you already have, that doesn't seem terribly clear. They're also offering the swap tickets option, maybe if you hit your eight buybacks.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I don't know if that email really means you can use 'extra' buybacks on those games beyond the eight you already have, that doesn't seem terribly clear.

Now I'm not sure but I'll worry about crossing that bridge when we/if we get there. I have 4 buybacks left anyway so I only have to worry about 3 if that's the case and I'm not going no matter happens. I'll argue with my rep if I have to but I'm not banking on the fact that the building will be "safe" or not yet if they actually play these games. This team isn't worth risking getting sick for and without knowing the schedule I have no idea if I can even go anyway.

I really don't think they will argue much.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah I agree it's probably a moot point since it doesn't seem they'll be able to make up more than a handful of regular season games at most. They didn't really go over what they'd do in the effect of a full cancellation of the rest of the regular season but it'll just come down to whether they give you a credit, an actual refund or the option of either (which won't matter to you and me but will to non-renewers and plan/individual game buyers).

Reactions: Satans Hockey

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
Maybe I’m in the minority, but if they play again this year, I definitely want to be at that first home game. It’ll be a nice party and signal a return to normal for everyone. Last thing people will want to do is watch it on tv.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Maybe I’m in the minority, but if they play again this year, I definitely want to be at that first home game. It’ll be a nice party and signal a return to normal for everyone. Last thing people will want to do is watch it on tv.

I won't be, I can't say I'll trust that it will actually be over by then if they really just play in a few weeks. Plus this season ended in early October so at this point I don't think it's worth the risk to watch meaningless hockey.

Reactions: aero8279

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
I won't be, I can't say I'll trust that it will actually be over by then if they really just play in a few weeks. Plus this season ended in early October so at this point I don't think it's worth the risk to watch meaningless hockey.

I don't think there is a chance that they continue the regular season, given that the playoffs already end in June. AT BEST, they are probably looking at resuming in May (and, based on latest CDC recommendation, that would be with no fans in the building). While they could push back the start of next season (and the draft, and free agency), I don't know that anyone wants to watch hockey in July and August.

If they cancel the remaining games and go right to playoffs, their only issue is that they (presumably) would adjust final standings to a PPG format. While not ideal, it's certainly fairer that the alternative of basing standings on different # of games played. Maybe, time permitting, they get creative and use current actual standings and have xx number of teams on the bubble play a one-game (or 2 out of 3) "play-in"

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I don't think there is a chance that they continue the regular season, given that the playoffs already end in June. AT BEST, they are probably looking at resuming in May (and, based on latest CDC recommendation, that would be with no fans in the building). While they could push back the start of next season (and the draft, and free agency), I don't know that anyone wants to watch hockey in July and August.

If they cancel the remaining games and go right to playoffs, their only issue is that they (presumably) would adjust final standings to a PPG format. While not ideal, it's certainly fairer that the alternative of basing standings on different # of games played. Maybe, time permitting, they get creative and use current actual standings and have xx number of teams on the bubble play a one-game (or 2 out of 3) "play-in"

Saw this out there as something that maybe they could do, we wouldn't be in it anyway so our season is definitely over. It just doesn't seem like we will see any more hockey this season and with us not being in the playoffs I really don't care...

What a 24-team NHL playoff might look like - ProHockeyTalk | NBC Sports

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
Has anyone heard from the Devils since the season was suspended?

I've gotten a few generic e-mails reminding me about virtual q&a's but nothing personal. I'm hoping when this calms down they will reach out as it's fairly obvious that there will be no fans in attendance if they continue. As someone who didn't renew it would be nice to hear something but i'll wait a bit to reach out.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ

I've gotten a few generic e-mails reminding me about virtual q&a's but nothing personal. I'm hoping when this calms down they will reach out as it's fairly obvious that there will be no fans in attendance if they continue. As someone who didn't renew it would be nice to hear something but i'll wait a bit to reach out.

I have received a couple of calls from my rep. The cynic in me believes it's due to having not renewed. Also a couple of the same generic e-mails about some Q&A (I think?) and other remote/online events. Honestly, I'm not interested.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ

Some generic emails about the Q&A sessions with Fitzy and Hughes, a couple emails and phone calls just making sure we're doing okay personally, and then they have been emailing to offer deferral of my 2021 season ticket payments. I declined to defer the payments since it would just make future invoices larger.

Nothing great but there's not much they can do right now anyway.

You're missing their attention already?? :sarcasm:

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
Some generic emails about the Q&A sessions with Fitzy and Hughes, a couple emails and phone calls just making sure we're doing okay personally, and then they have been emailing to offer deferral of my 2021 season ticket payments. I declined to defer the payments since it would just make future invoices larger.

Nothing great but there's not much they can do right now anyway.

You're missing their attention already?? :sarcasm:

Lol no, I just want a refund for the unplayed home games so I can officially be done as a season ticket holder.

Reactions: Patrik26

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Lol no, I just want a refund for the unplayed home games so I can officially be done as a season ticket holder.

Yeah it's just hard to believe they'll do refunds before the NHL announces regular season games have been cancelled. It's probably a decent amount of cash, and they have no obligation to do refunds yet. I had a family trip to Japan in May that now has flights cancelled by United and they are only offering me future flight credit as a way of keep the cash interest free..

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
Yeah it's just hard to believe they'll do refunds before the NHL announces regular season games have been cancelled. It's probably a decent amount of cash, and they have no obligation to do refunds yet. I had a family trip to Japan in May that now has flights cancelled by United and they are only offering me future flight credit as a way of keep the cash interest free..

I know, I'm just impatient as I just want to be 100% done being a sth. I expect this to be a fight to just get a refund because why should anything be easy? I want no part of a credit, just give me a refund which for me isn't much money for 6 games, maybe $300-$350 total.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I got another call today which I didn't answer followed up with this e-mail about my tenure jerseys. All I have to do is renew my STH for next season. No thank you. Not until this COVID-19 saga is done. Then I'll sign on to the StuhHub plan and save myself about $3500. I don't really give a shit about a tenure jersey. I wouldn't wear it same as I refused to wear my lanyard - "HEY! Look at ME!".

Capture.PNG

Reactions: aero8279

HellOnIce

Jun 28, 2007
I got another call today which I didn't answer followed up with this e-mail about my tenure jerseys. All I have to do is renew my STH for next season. No thank you. Not until this COVID-19 saga is done. Then I'll sign on to the StuhHub plan and save myself about $3500. I don't really give a shit about a tenure jersey. I wouldn't wear it same as I refused to wear my lanyard - "HEY! Look at ME!".

View attachment 342157

Why are you so angry about this?

Reactions: Colin226

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
The team doesn't know anything yet because nothing has changed. I don't know why anyone would expect anything otherwise or to hear from a rep, there's literally nothing to talk about. They won't be issuing any refunds until the games are actually cancelled.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

I don't really care either way since paying now/later isn't an issue for me, but I'd rather not let them get the interest for paying now when there won't be any games for another several months, especially when there'll likely wind up being some form of credit applied to next season's invoice down the road from the final few regular season games anyway (added onto the buybacks).

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I don't really care either way since paying now/later isn't an issue for me, but I'd rather not let them get the interest for paying now when there won't be any games for another several months, especially when there'll likely wind up being some form of credit applied to next season's invoice down the road from the final few regular season games anyway (added onto the buybacks).

At least you'll get a credit (or SHOULD). By not renewing, I'll be out about $800 for the remaining games plus $200 in buybacks I had already used. C'est la vie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad