HFDevils Official ‘20-21 Tickets and Prudential Center Thread (tickets are nontransferable in 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
So to those of you who opted out in the past... do the Devils call to try to get you back in? Do they offer anything as an incentive to keep you?

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
So to those of you who opted out in the past... do the Devils call to try to get you back in? Do they offer anything as an incentive to keep you?

Yup. To the point that it seemed like a guilt trip that I opted out. The call made me feel quite uncomfortable and definitely didn't don't feel like renewing. I get it's their job to sell you the product but when you somberly go "so... I saw you opted out, what the matter you don't want to do this again next year? Why? Why don't you want to renew"

Yeah, that kind of pushyness becomes off-putting. And I actually like my rep but come on lol.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
Yup. To the point that it seemed like a guilt trip that I opted out. The call made me feel quite uncomfortable and definitely didn't don't feel like renewing. I get it's their job to sell you the product but when you somberly go "so... I saw you opted out, what the matter you don't want to do this again next year? Why? Why don't you want to renew"

Yeah, that kind of pushyness becomes off-putting. And I actually like my rep but come on lol.

when i opted out last year, my rep would call every now and then to check in and see if i changed my mind. during those calls, they would offer me a few extra incentives to come back. eventually, after the draft we did renew and the extra incentives just recently happened which i'm sure is no coincidence that it occurs right at renewal time.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
Club Glass 4
GL1
$499.00
/ea
2 tickets
Mobile transfer
02/22/20

Someone had a nice sale on stubhub this morning for the game today.

FYI I did not sell these.

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
Was curious, for the Caps game what was the % of Caps fans?
Was it a lot or just many Devils fans cheering for OV?
How did it compare to when the Caps are usually in town/when the Pens/Flyers/Rangers/Isles/Bruins are in town?

Thanks.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
No calls yet from my rep yet asking why I opted out, however I did receive an e-mail yesterday telling me my seats are being held for me (as a courtesy :rolleyes:) until March 21st even though I opted out. If I renew by then, I can still choose two incentives. After that, I can choose only one incentive. It almost comes across as punishment for being late on renewal. :D Shame on me!

upload_2020-2-25_15-43-49.png

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
No calls yet from my rep yet asking why I opted out, however I did receive an e-mail yesterday telling me my seats are being held for me (as a courtesy :rolleyes:) until March 21st even though I opted out. If I renew by then, I can still choose two incentives. After that, I can choose only one incentive. It almost comes across as punishment for being late on renewal. :D Shame on me!

View attachment 326815
Can you list what all the incentive options are?

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Was curious, for the Caps game what was the % of Caps fans?
Was it a lot or just many Devils fans cheering for OV?
How did it compare to when the Caps are usually in town/when the Pens/Flyers/Rangers/Isles/Bruins are in town?

Thanks.

I'm not really good at this and it was difficult since both fanbases were wearing red, but I'm guessing 85-15% in favor of the Devils. Most everyone in attendance stood and cheered for Ovechkin. This was mentioned by Mike Morealle on NHL Radio Network yesterday, giving kudos to the Devils fans in attendance.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I'm looking to grab 4 tickets for the March 21 game against the Islanders. Trying to take some family members to their first NHL game but aiming to keep it on the cheap side if possible. Just send me a PM if you're interested in selling.

Thanks!

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Hey, over from the UK for first game on Friday. Where's good to eat around the Prudential centre? Cheers
Dinosaur BBQ right next to the arena is good but very crowded on game day. Redds Biergarten is across from the arena and serves German food. Went there once and liked it. Mercurio's Tomato Pies is the place I'd recommend. It is a pizza place that is run by someone who cut their teeth at the legendary Pepe's in New Haven, CT (Which is widely considered the best pizza joint in America, and in fact lots of people consider New Haven the pizza capital of America) and they make New Haven style tomato pies (what they call pizza). They also have gameday beer specials as well. Whatever you do don't waste your money on food inside the arena as it's ridiculously expensive and not particularly good. As a bonus tip if you are using public trans coming from and going to NY there is both a McDonalds and Starbucks in Newark Penn Station if you need either a quick bite or coffee. Hope that helps!

Reactions: ukmanchesterdevil

ukmanchesterdevil

Oct 5, 2019
Dinosaur BBQ right next to the arena is good but very crowded on game day. Redds Biergarten is across from the arena and serves German food. Went there once and liked it. Mercurio's Tomato Pies is the place I'd recommend. It is a pizza place that is run by someone who cut their teeth at the legendary Pepe's in New Haven, CT (Which is widely considered the best pizza joint in America, and in fact lots of people consider New Haven the pizza capital of America) and they make New Haven style tomato pies (what they call pizza). They also have gameday beer specials as well. Whatever you do don't waste your money on food inside the arena as it's ridiculously expensive and not particularly good. As a bonus tip if you are using public trans coming from and going to NY there is both a McDonalds and Starbucks in Newark Penn Station if you need either a quick bite or coffee. Hope that helps!

Thanks, thats mega helpful. Will give Mercurio's a look. Can't beat a decent Pizza

Reactions: sabremike

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
RELEASE: Statement from New Jersey Devils

The health and safety of our players, fans, staff members, partners and the New Jersey community is our number one priority. We are closely monitoring the latest developments and medical guidance regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Working with medical experts and state and local officials, we have established health and safety protocols, which we will update as necessary. Consistent with NHL guidelines, tonight's Devils game against the Pittsburgh Penguins at Prudential Center will proceed as scheduled.

Nothing shocking, but figured it was worth posting... I feel like they should have also announced there would be hand sanitizer stations or something other than regurgitating the CDC guidelines we've all seen a million times. And while I get that it's a business and they'd get crushed if they offered refunds for the game because it's basically meaningless, it's funny to me that if you bought tickets and feel sick they'd like you to stay home and eat the money or sell for pennies on TicketExchange. They care about you not spreading your illness.... to an extent ;)

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
RELEASE: Statement from New Jersey Devils

Nothing shocking, but figured it was worth posting... I feel like they should have also announced there would be hand sanitizer stations or something other than regurgitating the CDC guidelines we've all seen a million times. And while I get that it's a business and they'd get crushed if they offered refunds for the game because it's basically meaningless, it's funny to me that if you bought tickets and feel sick they'd like you to stay home and eat the money or sell for pennies on TicketExchange. They care about you not spreading your illness.... to an extent ;)

I agree about having hand sanitizer stations, that seems easy enough to do.

I also think it's gonna be a sparse crowd tonight between the 1st person dying in NJ today and the team being bad I think a lot will stay home. Should maybe be enough seats that everyone can spread out lol

Reactions: nugg and Colin226

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
I agree about having hand sanitizer stations, that seems easy enough to do.

I also think it's gonna be a sparse crowd tonight between the 1st person dying in NJ today and the team being bad I think a lot will stay home. Should maybe be enough seats that everyone can spread out lol
They should also give the first 5000 fans free toilet paper with the lineups from a few years ago...since TP is in major demand lol

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
So my plan all season was to use my remaining buybacks for the last bunch of games of the season but now I'm thinking about using 1 for the Carolina game tomorrow and perhaps the Calgary game because if they end up canceling games or playing them without any fans we should get money back for those games anyway.

This way I maximize the most money I can get back on the last 7 home games if they end up canceling or not letting fans in for the rest of the games. If the team was in a playoff hunt I might have a different outtake on this but with more and more events getting canceled and putting limitations on crowd sizes it seems like it might be inevitable anyway, plus this team simply isn't worth risking anything for even though I'm not worried about getting sick myself.

What are you all planning on doing?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It’s probably too late to use it on tomorrow unless you contact your rep directly and they don’t fuss with you over it.

I more or less used mine on all the weekday games in February and March except last night which I couldn’t sell. Hopefully I at least get something back on the one or two weekend games and Fan Appreciation (I’d go to the latter but am likely busy Thursday)

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I don't know about the rest of you but I'm hoping I can just take a credit for the last 7 games and put it towards next season's renewal. I had no desire to go to anymore games before any of this happened as it is lol

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I’m not relieved until the Devils and the NHL actually do the right thing vis a vis ticket holders. I’m not assuming they will.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I’m not relieved until the Devils and the NHL actually do the right thing vis a vis ticket holders. I’m not assuming they will.

I have $800 invested for the last 7 games. I highly doubt those games will ever be played and that I'll ever see that money again. I'm just waiting for that call from my rep excitedly letting me know I can apply the full price of those towards next season. No thanks. I opted out. I'm staying opted out. StubHub plan for me.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

I have $800 invested for the last 7 games. I highly doubt those games will ever be played and that I'll ever see that money again. I'm just waiting for that call from my rep excitedly letting me know I can apply the full price of those towards next season. No thanks. I opted out. I'm staying opted out. StubHub plan for me.

I'm a pretty skeptical person but this won't happen and you shouldn't stress about it. It would be absolutely horrible for business to them do anything else and they won't piss off their own fan base. This goes for any sports team because they are going to need help getting some people back right away anyway at this point. Give the reps some time because the NHL just announced this and they don't even know what exactly is gonna happen yet.

I can easily lay out what will happen...

If they actually play these games...

An option to keep the tickets for the new date

If you can't make the new dates or they are canceled outright...

Season ticket holders on a 12 month payment plan will have the money put towards next season's renewal just like buybacks.

Season ticket holders who paid in full, partial (whatever the hell they call it now) holders and individual tickets can get full refunds.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Hey I was pretty spot on lol...

It was announced today that the NHL will be suspending games to mitigate the impact of the COVID-19 virus in our community.

As one of our most committed supporters we want to first share our gratitude for your understanding during this unprecedented time. We also want to ensure that we are proactively communicating as best as we can as events are rapidly developing. We are also committed to finding solutions that meet your specific needs as a Devils Full Season Ticket Member.

Until we have certainty and direction from the league, your tickets to the postponed games will remain valid for the future scheduled makeup dates, if they should be scheduled. In the event you have previously transferred, resold, or utilized the Devils Buy-Back Program for these games, those tickets will remain valid for the current ticket holder for the scheduled makeup dates.

In the event you cannot attend rescheduled games, as a Devils Full Season Ticket Member, you can utilize the Devils Buy-Back Program for these games and have the total value of the postponed games applied as a credit toward your 2020-21 Devils Black & Red Membership renewal or swap your tickets to the postponed games to games during the 2020-21 Devils regular season.

To utilize the Devils Buy-Back Program for the postponed games, please submit your request here.

To swap your tickets from the postponed games to additional tickets for games during the 2020-21 Devils regular season, please submit yourrequest here.

Please note that in response to the current situation, the Devils Member Services team is currently out of the office and replying to all Devils Member inquiries remotely. Please reach out to your New Jersey Devils Account Manager directly via email or send us a note at [email protected] and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.

Thank you.

The New Jersey Devils

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm a pretty skeptical person but this won't happen and you shouldn't stress about it. It would be absolutely horrible for business to them do anything else and they won't piss off their own fan base. This goes for any sports team because they are going to need help getting some people back right away anyway at this point. Give the reps some time because the NHL just announced this and they don't even know what exactly is gonna happen yet.

I can easily lay out what will happen...

If they actually play these games...

An option to keep the tickets for the new date

If you can't make the new dates or they are canceled outright...

Season ticket holders on a 12 month payment plan will have the money put towards next season's renewal just like buybacks.

Season ticket holders who paid in full, partial (whatever the hell they call it now) holders and individual tickets can get full refunds.

A credit's fine for me since I'm going to have season tickets next season anyway, even though I was already gonna use three of the upcoming games (including tonight) for buyback but my concerns are twofold:

-If we do have postponed regular season games played at a later date and people can't (or don't want to) go to the makeup games what happens then? Especially since almost all season ticket holders will want to get money back on meaningless makeup games but some of them would want to go regardless and not be able to.

-If the regular season games are canceled will people who aren't renewing get completely screwed if they only offer credit toward next season or will they actually get a refund?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Until we have certainty and direction from the league, your tickets to the postponed games will remain valid for the future scheduled makeup dates, if they should be scheduled. In the event you have previously transferred, resold, or utilized the Devils Buy-Back Program for these games, those tickets will remain valid for the current ticket holder for the scheduled makeup dates.

What does this mean exactly? We have to reuse the buyback on these games if they come up with a new date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad