HFDevils Official ‘20-21 Tickets and Prudential Center Thread (tickets are nontransferable in 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
If someone signed up for a full season this year and hates it and leaves, good luck ever getting that person back as a customer. Even more so, if the person is an educated consumer and knows they can get most games for less.

Reactions: sabremike

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
If someone signed up for a full season this year and hates it and leaves, good luck ever getting that person back as a customer. Even more so, if the person is an educated consumer and knows they can get most games for less.

Here. This is our 5th season. I opted out for next season. I'm going to lose about $200 in buybacks that I used and will likely not be receiving the 5-year tenure jerseys, but I don't give a shit. This organization has been like a rudderless ship. I figure I've spent close to $25K over those 5 seasons on tickets alone - never mind the concessions, parking and the 1 hour 15 minute travel time each way. For what? One playoff appearance and one playoff game win. Next season, I'll park my ass in the recliner, bottle of Yuengling and some snacks next to me and when the obligatory ass kicking by the opponent starts, I can just change channels and be done.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Here. This is our 5th season. I opted out for next season. I'm going to lose about $200 in buybacks that I used and will likely not be receiving the 5-year tenure jerseys, but I don't give a ****. This organization has been like a rudderless ship. I figure I've spent close to $25K over those 5 seasons on tickets alone - never mind the concessions, parking and the 1 hour 15 minute travel time each way. For what? One playoff appearance and one playoff game win. Next season, I'll park my ass in the recliner, bottle of Yuengling and some snacks next to me and when the obligatory ass kicking by the opponent starts, I can just change channels and be done.
How do the buybacks work? Why would you lose money?

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
How do the buybacks work? Why would you lose money?

You can submit a buyback request to your rep for up to 8 games. It has to be done at least 1 week prior to the game. You get full ticket value credit, but it is only given as credit for next season. Since I'm not renewing, I won't receive the credit. I'll give up the $200 to save $5K.

Reactions: superyan

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
Here. This is our 5th season. I opted out for next season. I'm going to lose about $200 in buybacks that I used and will likely not be receiving the 5-year tenure jerseys, but I don't give a ****. This organization has been like a rudderless ship. I figure I've spent close to $25K over those 5 seasons on tickets alone - never mind the concessions, parking and the 1 hour 15 minute travel time each way. For what? One playoff appearance and one playoff game win. Next season, I'll park my ass in the recliner, bottle of Yuengling and some snacks next to me and when the obligatory ass kicking by the opponent starts, I can just change channels and be done.

This is why I never understood why people use them until they know without a shadow of a doubt that they are renewing. I'd rather take a loss and keep some of the money.

My seats are as cheap as they can be per game but sadly still isn't worth it. Most games I can go for the same price or less and sit in better seats. They could have done so much to increase the value besides prices but it's mostly the same old stuff. Sitting home after 8 years sounds very nice. No more tolls, insane parking prices, food, etc..I'll go to a game a month most likely but won't pay face for any of them.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
This is why I never understood why people use them until they know without a shadow of a doubt that they are renewing. I'd rather take a loss and keep some of the money.

My seats are as cheap as they can be per game but sadly still isn't worth it. Most games I can go for the same price or less and sit in better seats. They could have done so much to increase the value besides prices but it's mostly the same old stuff. Sitting home after 8 years sounds very nice. No more tolls, insane parking prices, food, etc..I'll go to a game a month most likely but won't pay face for any of them.

Up until a couple of days ago I thought I would renew for sure. With the Coleman trade and the possibility of Palmieri going too, in just two days my disillusionment with where this team is going grew to the point that I'm not willing to spend crazy money (at least crazy to me) on this product.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I also figured I’d renew unless they did something bat**** crazy like upping prices $3-4 a ticket. In which case I’d rather take the credit loss this year than an even bigger money loss next year. Plus I’d rather keep my seats through next year at least since I have unused reward points up the wazoo with their lack of options on anything useful to redeem them for this year other than the club seats which disappeared early.

Admittedly I’m less enthusiastic about renewing now post Sunday massacre but figured something like that might be coming the minute they started offering the two year ‘loyalty lock’.

Reactions: Patrik26

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I’m happy I dropped to 1 seat. I’ll keep my tenure and can use my stockpile of rewards points to get pairs of seats to games when friends want to come along. I’ll probably be attending even more home games next season since I won’t be selling every game I can’t get a friend to come along to.

Don’t blame anyone for cancelling though. But I’m ready to stick it out through the upcoming awfulness and see this team hopefully grow into the contender I grew up loving.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I’m happy I dropped to 1 seat. I’ll keep my tenure and can use my stockpile of rewards points to get pairs of seats to games when friends want to come along. I’ll probably be attending even more home games next season since I won’t be selling every game I can’t get a friend to come along to.

Don’t blame anyone for cancelling though. But I’m ready to stick it out through the upcoming awfulness and see this team hopefully grow into the contender I grew up loving.
Did they care when you let them know?

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Did they care when you let them know?

I haven't heard back from my rep or anyone else. I'm guessing they might be dealing with a lot of opt-outs. There's a game tomorrow night, so a visit from my rep wouldn't be a surprise, although the comments I left for why I opted out should leave no doubt as to why.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I haven't heard back from my rep or anyone else. I'm guessing they might be dealing with a lot of opt-outs. There's a game tomorrow night, so a visit from my rep wouldn't be a surprise, although the comments I left for why I opted out should leave no doubt as to why.

Before I moved to the city, I've had Devils plans on and off throughout the years. The best Devils plan is a friend with a Devils plan.

Reactions: dbv

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
Yeah I opted out. Interesting how they let you leave the door wide open to return. We’ll see.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I signed up for 2 more years, like I said previously everyone's situation is different and I don't blame anyone for opting out. I would end up renewing after next season anyway so might as well lock in my current price.

I also sat through the seasons of watching players I actually hated watch play like Tootoo and Stephen Gionta and Jagr(not saying he's a bad player but I never liked the guy and I hated having to watch him in a Devils uniform and it was an absolute joke he wouldn't take shootout attempts) so I feel like I can sit through anything at this point.

I was still surprised I sold off as many games as I did this year for face value. That combined with the buybacks and I'll have ended up getting face value back for like 15 games.

Certainly seems like they are going to have a ton of opt outs so it's going to be interesting to see what attendance is like next year. For as bad as the team has been all year the crowds have still been pretty decent(yes I know they give out a lot of freebies too but people are still showing up)

Personally the changes Sunday did nothing to change my opinion on the team itself. We already sucked this season and last season with these guys so my outlook on things is not caring if they are gone.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Is there a reason the get in price for tonight doubled in the last 36 hours, some promotion I'm not aware of or something?

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Stefan Noesen return? :D

3pskhb.jpg

Reactions: Patrik26

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
My rep just told me that it would be easier to sell games if I had a pair, but didn’t press me on it beyond that.

That's really funny. Anytime I've ever made any STH inquiry, I'm told about how I'm encouraged to sell games on the exchange, but not told how if I sell too many, I'll get flagged. I also think it's funny how the reps are now experts on secondary sales.

From what you've described, you're doing the right thing for anyone in your situation.

They are act like they are unaware of the many communities that exist where people buy, sell and swap seats.... but I see them in the Facebook groups and there are probably a few lurking here.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
That's really funny. Anytime I've ever made any STH inquiry, I'm told about how I'm encouraged to sell games on the exchange, but not told how if I sell too many, I'll get flagged. I also think it's funny how the reps are now experts on secondary sales.

From what you've described, you're doing the right thing for anyone in your situation.

They are act like they are unaware of the many communities that exist where people buy, sell and swap seats.... but I see them in the Facebook groups and there are probably a few lurking here.

Even though it says 10 games or something like that in the terms and conditions I really don't think the current regime cares about that stuff. I haven't heard any stories in the past few years about anyone having an issue with it. The ones in the front office who did are long gone now.

Reactions: NJDevs26

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Even though it says 10 games or something like that in the terms and conditions I really don't think the current regime cares about that stuff. I haven't heard any stories in the past few years about anyone having an issue with it. The ones in the front office who did are long gone now.

True. They don't care, until they do. I'm personally grateful for the people here, other groups, and that I've known that worked at the organization that made it possible for me to attend games for a decent price. There are a handful of times that I've overpaid, but at the end of the day, I feel like I come out ahead.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

That plus they can’t exactly afford to be heavy handed when the team has mostly been a loser this decade, not like people are really profiting on 85% of tickets that get sold or go unsold on TE. It’s one thing for Eric and the people who pushed that rule when the team was coming off of two decades of success but now it’d be suicidal.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
That plus they can’t exactly afford to be heavy handed when the team has mostly been a loser this decade, not like people are really profiting on 85% of tickets that get sold or go unsold on TE. It’s one thing for Eric and the people who pushed that rule when the team was coming off of two decades of success but now it’d be suicidal.
Exactly. They don't care until they do.

The truth is that if everyone that feels the seats are a poor value cancels, there are less seats on the secondary markets for pennies on the dollar.... Then, if you want to see the Devils, you'll have to either pay a lot, or hope they start putting them on discount sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad