HFDevils Official ‘20-21 Tickets and Prudential Center Thread (tickets are nontransferable in 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
Not sure about other games, but Rangers tickets are $10 more than last year in the cheapest seats (Upper twice attack)

makes sense. hype is through the roof at the moment and the 2nd one is a saturday matinee right after thanksgiving.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
So my brother is hot to get season tickets all of a sudden. Apparently there is some sort of event tomorrow.

Any advice? Can we haggle for extra perks? And if so what perks could be had?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Anyone get that postcard in the mail today with your name on a jersey between Subban and Hughes? It's pretty sweet aside from the fact that the bottom saying you will receive two complimentary tickets by logging onto the website is essentially a crock of poo. You have to go to some presentation where you can take a pick with Elias' retirement banner and basically sit through a sales pitch for season tickets or a partial plan. Super misleading. End rant.

They did that with the red jersey mailer with your last name on the jersey a few months back. Agreed on the misleading part, to the point where it's not a wise marketing strategy.

We got that thing in the mail a couple months back. And ya it went from "sweet" to "darn it" pretty quick, but a big part of that is I live a 50 minute drive to the arena. If I lived 15 minutes away I'd have no issue going to the rock and getting wined and dined. (I heard it's complimentary grub, is that true?)

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Didn't get the presale code for tomorrow. Would be much appreciated if someone was willing to PM it to me.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
So my brother is now in as a STH. Behind goal, attack zone twice, 5th row. 2 tix. $1800 a piece.

He was of the mindset that he was going to make his " money back". Thinking he could sell a pair for $100 whenever, I was trying to explain to him the reality of the situation. Especially since he wants to go to opening night and he wants to go to the Rag's games. But the buy back thing is a nice start. He's also maybe a little more likely to sell his weekend games then some, so I know you can do OK with those.

I was able to grab a couple free ticket vouchers, and I probably should have been more aggressive and gotten more. I'll be sure to work the Coat/Toy/Food drives this year, see how many tix I can turn that into. Then I'll work his rep to see how many more freebies we can get.

Don't know how impressive the turnout was, the line for pix with the banner was pretty long, too long for us to stand and wait in, though our rep said it was way longer at a previous event. The VIP lounge for those that actually bought tix was fairly sparse, but not empty, I saw maybe 20 people in there, and we were there for 20 minutes or so, again don't know what a good turnout would be for that. The guacamole/salsa were good, the veggie egg rolls were really good when you slathered on some of that chili sauce. I was the only beer drinker in there which I found odd. I mean free beer and I'm the only one? The tour of the locker room and player areas was cool.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I forgot the 10am sale today and just woke up & I hope I dont regret this, but I think I'm going to wait. I only need 1 ticket this year as I now have a little one, so I'm thinking there maybe an opportunity to buy a good single close to the game. This could backfire on me if #HughesSubbanGusevMania takes off. Especially given the opener is a Friday night.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
So my brother is now in as a STH. Behind goal, attack zone twice, 5th row. 2 tix. $1800 a piece.

He was of the mindset that he was going to make his " money back". Thinking he could sell a pair for $100 whenever, I was trying to explain to him the reality of the situation. Especially since he wants to go to opening night and he wants to go to the Rag's games. But the buy back thing is a nice start. He's also maybe a little more likely to sell his weekend games then some, so I know you can do OK with those.

The buybacks are only good towards a renewal for next season so he shouldn't do them unless he actually plans on renewing for the 20-21 season. I try not to use any buybacks until I actually get the pricing info for the next season.

Also the variable pricing means you'll get next to nothing back for those mid week games against a western conference team nobody cares about.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
The buybacks are only good towards a renewal for next season so he shouldn't do them unless he actually plans on renewing for the 20-21 season. I try not to use any buybacks until I actually get the pricing info for the next season.

Also the variable pricing means you'll get next to nothing back for those mid week games against a western conference team nobody cares about.
What is next to nothing? $20 each?

And I did know buy back going towards about the renewal.

Now I had heard here about food cards. He didn't get that. Are those still a thing? Only for specific seating?

What other perks are still out there that we can press this guy on going fwd?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
My thoughts on the park, cut and pasted, from my post above as I now see it was entirely too long.

The new park across the street was sweet, and, certainly by design, very isolated. The half near the Edison building raises up 15-20 feet from street level, with a retaining wall and fences. The connection over McCarty to the highway has not been started yet and is currently fenced off, so no access at all from that direction. The half more near the prudential is bordered on both sides by fenced in parking lots. There is a entrance point, which is maybe 100'across, directly across from the prudential on Mulberry, and an entrance in the middle on a closed off cross road, this place might as well be by invitation only, especially on the half near the Edison. Vagrants will not be strolling around and camping out. Will Prudential visitors be allowed to pregame in the park?

You stand in the center of the park and look around and Newark is looking very good. Now there are still too many parking lots, and some abandoned buildings in sight, (in the lots to the south which have to be amongtst the most prime real estate in the city) and you don't have to go far to see more abondoned buildings(surprsing on Market it goes, Dinosaur, that new pizza place, then completely dilapidated building) but it has certainly come a long way. Even looked like the Arena bar was finally reopened.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I forgot the 10am sale today and just woke up & I hope I dont regret this, but I think I'm going to wait. I only need 1 ticket this year as I now have a little one, so I'm thinking there maybe an opportunity to buy a good single close to the game. This could backfire on me if #HughesSubbanGusevMania takes off. Especially given the opener is a Friday night.
Would you be ballsy enough to walk up to the game sans ticket in hopes of scalping a single for cheap?

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Would you be ballsy enough to walk up to the game sans ticket in hopes of scalping a single for cheap?

Ugh... for this game, probably not. Actually, personally, for this game definitely not, as I 100% want to be there for Hughes' first game like I was for Nico's first game. You only get so many #1 picks as a franchise; it's a RARE event. That said, I only need 1 ticket as my wife just had a baby & she's who I go to games with, and it's typically not hard to find affordable singles, but again, for this game I think I want to be in possession of a ticket at least 10 days prior.

That said, I dont know WTH is going on with the dynamic pricing for this game. When I first looked 1 hour ago, the seats that were $67.50 are now $78.50, so I guess they're doing a real budget airline thing with this game.

Sarge18

Feb 17, 2007
So I've gotten seven phone calls from the Devils the last three days, no messages left, and I've gotten about six emails from my "personal contact" with the team in that time. The last email I got was at 10:00 this morning inviting me to the banner series event LAST NIGHT. Now I signed up for this event through the link on the thing I got in the mail last week and got a confirmation email that said they'd email me details as it got closer. I never got that email and because of the weather yesterday I didn't end up going.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
What is next to nothing? $20 each?

And I did know buy back going towards about the renewal.

Now I had heard here about food cards. He didn't get that. Are those still a thing? Only for specific seating?

What other perks are still out there that we can press this guy on going fwd?

Really depends on the game, day, opponent, how the team is doing but buying Devils season tickets and trying to break even on selling most tickets that aren't a big game (Rangers, home opener, etc etc) is a tough ask. He might make some money here and there but most likely will balance out with losing a lot for that Tuesday night January game with bad weather vs a team nobody cares about like Florida or Arizona.

I mainly keep my season tickets because I enjoy my seats and I miss maybe 3 games all year. If I was planning on missing half the home games I probably wouldn't bother.

If the team plays well and with the Hughes hype things might be a little different this year but who knows.

The food cards haven't been a thing for years now, there are certain sections that have access to food included in their ticket but that's like the center seats and some of the front rows in other sections but I don't sit in those areas so I'm not sure on all of that anymore.

The buybacks always go to the renewals, they should have told you that and it's only for 8 games. If you don't renew and you had 8 games bought back you simply just lose that money.

Reactions: devilsblood

indfin

Jan 4, 2010

For a single, I think that you will be fine. I assume that the Devils have held a bunch for opening night out of the pre-sale, as they need some to attempt to get more full-season members, flex members, partial plans, etc. At some point, (many of) those will be released on TM. In most cases, there is a surge of people who buy immediately to make sure they get in (and secondary market reflects that right now) ... I am guessing those prices will drift downward over the next few weeks.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Getting very excited about the opening night packed house now. Extremely.

Same here

I'm always excited for the opener but this one really has me chomping at the bit

Expecting goosebumps over the thunderous applause to welcome the new guys

martyisgod

Dec 30, 2007
Sayreville
Does anyone know when the partial plans were announced last year?
I had an email last year, last week of August from a rep asking if I was interested in partial plans. Not sure when they were officially announced though. The one official one I have is from Sept 13th last year for the 6 game plans

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This seems insanely early to begin single-ticket sales...I checked, last year it was early September which is when I thought it was, just before camp. I guess they're really trying to capitalize on the 'summer additions' buzz by having sales in early August.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
This seems insanely early to begin single-ticket sales...I checked, last year it was early September which is when I thought it was, just before camp. I guess they're really trying to capitalize on the 'summer additions' buzz by having sales in early August.

Agreed; and it's the correct business decision, so kudos to whoever in Devils ticketing pushed this through.

Emotion = sales; and time from event decreases emotion.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Agreed; and it's the correct business decision, so kudos to whoever in Devils ticketing pushed this through.

Emotion = sales; and time from event decreases emotion.
The business perspective is also release limited tickets (because obviously they are holding a ton for potential season tix). Watch prices rocket up. Hope that makes people view the season tix or partial plans as more appealing.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The business perspective is also release limited tickets (because obviously they are holding a ton for potential season tix). Watch prices rocket up. Hope that makes people view the season tix or partial plans as more appealing.

TM has been doing this for some years now, it is, IMO, ripe for a class action lawsuit in market manipulation, as dynamic pricing is the game changer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad