HFChat's Annual Mock Draft (The Big One!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
HFChat's 2nd Annual Mock Draft (The Big One!)

Last year, we held a Mock Draft on HFChat (then #gamenightchat) and had about 40 people show up and it was a hell of a success. I'm aiming for 60 people this time! We had a mock draft just last week, but that was a mere warmup. This one is the real deal.

The date for this mock draft has not been set yet, but you can expect it to happen near the end of May. I will update this thread long before then and send out PM's regarding when it will be exactly, so don't worry too much about this.

*** Please also note ***

The draft will be held in a chat room, not on a thread or on these boards. If you have questions about the chat room and how to access it, PM me.

Here are the rules. These are subject to change too, but I doubt they will much:

1. - The draft will be in the order set by the NHL (in other words, division adjustments & lottery adjustments). The only difference is that we do not have a Cup winner. Usually the Cup winner goes in 30th place. Since nobody has won the cup yet, and won't by the time of the draft, we'll have to stick Detroit in 30th spot (since they were 1st in the season).. of course Washington has that pick now.

2. - The draft will go through 2 rounds, not just 1.

3. - Each team will be allowed one head GM and two asst. GM's (Up to 5 assistants if you really want to get up there) as a team. Note that a GM does not HAVE to allow for assistants, but can if he wants to. This is handy since it solves problems of having people potentially not showing up, there will still be a GM around to do the draft.

4. - Each team will be alloted up to 5 minutes to either draft, or make a trade. Yes, I will be allowing trades. This means that teams without 1st round picks will still be entertaining to play as.

5. - I will also allow up to 5 'Reserve GM's'. This is not for a particular team, but if they show up of the day of the draft in chat, and some team happens to be missing (I really hope this doesn't happen, but you never know), a reserve GM can take their place.

------------------------------------------------

I also reserve the right to remove anyone as GM or asst. GM if they aren't going to, or even 'might not' show up. It'll for sure be a Saturday or Sunday, and don't worry, you'll know the date of the draft well in advance.

If you have any questions, just ask on this thread or PM me.
Teams:

Anaheim Mighty Ducks

Head GM: ducksflytogether
Asst. GM: 10.16.1974
Asst. GM: Fighter

Atlanta Thrashers

Head GM: Unbiased Canadian (*)
Asst. GM:
Asst. GM:

Boston Bruins

Head GM: drubaca
Asst. GM: Swervedriver
Asst. GM:

Buffalo Sabres

Head GM: DanielBriere48
Asst. GM: eSabre
Asst. GM:

Calgary Flames

Head GM: Flames Draft Watcher
Asst. GM: Desibasha
Asst. GM: Red Machine

Carolina Hurricanes

Head GM: gokimjohnsson (*)
Asst. GM:
Asst. GM:

Chicago Blackhawks

Head GM: Fedz (*)
Asst. GM: Jayzin Smith
Asst. GM:

Colorado Avalanche

Head GM: Darcy Wakaluk
Asst. GM:
Asst. GM:

Columbus Blue Jackets

Head GM: Aaron Vickers
Asst. GM:
Asst. GM:

Dallas Stars

Head GM: Herby
Asst. GM:
Asst. GM:

Detroit Red Wings

Head GM: Askel (*)
Asst. GM:
Asst. GM:

Edmonton Oilers

Head GM: George Bachul
Asst. GM: Lowetide
Asst. GM: Seachd

Florida Panthers

Head GM: TheBrew (*)
Asst. GM:
Asst. GM:

Los Angelas Kings

Head GM: punchy1
Asst. GM: willie
Asst. GM: navigator

Minnesota Wild

Head GM: rickrat13
Asst. GM: ruutu37
Asst. GM:

Montreal Canadiens

Head GM: Duff88
Asst. GM: Cayouche5
Asst. GM: Future = Hossa

Nashville Predators

Head GM: Seven Nation Army
Asst. GM:
Asst. GM:

New Jersey Devils

Head GM: Jason MacIssac
Asst. GM: Flame_Star_Devil
Asst. GM:

New York Rangers

Head GM: Evil Sather
Asst. GM:
Asst. GM:

New York Islanders

Head GM: Draftman
Asst. GM: Kvashinator12
Asst. GM:

Ottawa Senators

Head GM: Hossa
Asst. GM:
Asst. GM:

Philadelphia Flyers

Head GM: MonsterBertuzzi (*)
Asst. GM:
Asst. GM:

Phoenix Coyotes

Head GM: Stevex
Asst. GM: Dan
Asst. GM: Greg

Pittsburgh Penguins

Head GM: #1GuinFan
Asst. GM: Pens4ever
Asst. GM: Mr.Knownothing

San Jose Sharks

Head GM: PIXXX
Asst. GM: X-Sharkie
Asst. GM:

St.Louis Blues

Head GM: DeGroat
Asst. GM:
Asst. GM:

Tampa Bay Lightning

Head GM: glenjackson (*)
Asst. GM:
Asst. GM:

Toronto Maple Leafs

Head GM: wallnucklers
Asst. GM:
Asst. GM:

Vancouver Canucks

Head GM: Mizral
Asst. GM: Kirk Pedersen
Asst. GM: Pangolin

Washington Capitals

Head GM: Sw00sh
Asst. GM: Chimaera
Asst. GM: BigEasy
Asst. GM: number67

Reserve GM List

1. Ricky F
2. Seabass

* The following guys are not 'hometown fans' of the teams they chose to GM, which means that if a fan of said team wants to GM, he will be given preference
----------------------------------

I will post the draft order at a later time. There is PLENTY of time to sign up for a team or as an assistant GM. If you wish to become an assistant, you must PM the head GM first, then if he agrees, the head GM must PM me or post on this thread. You cannot simply ask to be an assistant on this thread without the GM giving the say so.

It's a lot of rules, but when it's structured like this, there's no 'What do we do now?' questions. Consider this mock draft just like an NHL draft in a lot of ways. I will be the commishioner and I reserve the right to do just about anything to this draft or during the draft .. and yes, I'll be Head GM of the Vancouver Canucks at the same time. Conflict of interest? Yep, but you'll have to trust me I'll be unbiased on this one.

Any questions/concerns/ideas, PM me or post on this thread!

Last edited:

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
One thing to note, I'm going to give preference to fans of a team. For instance, if Ducksfan707 wants to GM the Florida Panthers, but later CatsRock444 asks too, I'll give preference to the Panthers fan.

TheBrew

Mar 9, 2003
alright since i took Flordia last year i'll take them again.if no Panther fans want it.

thestonedkoala

If no one wants Minnesota, I'll be the GM, I got a lot of plans with Minnesota :D

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
I would like to be Anaheim, but I have a big problem: I can't access HF chat, because my nick has been banned it seems (never been in that chat btw). Anyone knows how to fix it? :dunno:

SwOOsh*

Well the head GM of Washington is taken so can I be the assistant please?

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
If the other three Pens fans don't mind, I'd like to horn my way into this as a hopeful third assistant for the Pens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->