Prospect Info: HFCBJ Summer 2021 Prospect Rankings: #8

Who is the best prospect of these 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
:laugh: I noticed some of your posts lately and i like your enthusiasm a lot, but i can say that you never played hockey based on some of your opinions. How well do you now Knazko? I mean, its your fella? Dont take it bad, im your fellow countryman and CBJ fan, so i also hope Knazko will develop well. But how can you rank him over Peeke, Ceulemans, Svozil, Berni and others, based on what? I used to play hockey for 16 years, im also coming from hockey family (dad - former Slovan Bratislava player and WC silver medailist, brother - former OHL player and national junior team player, currently part time scout in Nova Scotia) so i can definitely tell you that Knazko's upside is 3rd pair D in a very best scenario, most likely Ahl/Europe player. He didnt even played a single pro game yet, guys like Peeke, Ceulemans, Berni or Svozil are on a whole different level in both, current ability and ceiling.
I played hockey. Not so long but played.

Kňažko played in WC in Riga. He was one of the best d-en in Slovak team and Slovakia played in PO. Yu must to know it. As you know you`re from Slovakia so you probably watch him. If my friend... I don`t know him personally.

Besides I never said he`ll be a TOP 4 but at all, that the others will be (although I believe Svozil ayes nd I`m suprised he was drafted only in 3th round). Of course I don`t mean a d-man in one team but ranking.

Btw, do you see Svozil, Berni (21) or Ceulemans (I don`t claim that not it`s only a question)? ;) And Peeke is 23 years old with experiences in AHL/NHL.

Who is right, the future will show. But I want to remind previous polls. ;) See them very thoroughly... or drafts... . For example Voronkov. He has taken in 5th round and where he`s now. Or Atkinson - 7th round, Bjorkstrand 3th round. If I would put them among the best prospects people would think I was mad. Or other teams, Lunqvist, Palat, Pavelski, Zetterberg - 7th round, Benn - 5th round, Nyquist - 4th round, Panarin wasn't drafted.

EDIT: I`m pleasantly surprised that there is another CBJ fan in Slovakia. You yourself know how terribly few they are... :)

Last edited:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I played hockey. Not so long but played.

Kňažko played in WC in Riga. He was one of the best d-en in Slovak team and Slovakia played in PO. Yu must to know it. As you know you`re from Slovakia so you probably watch him. If my friend... I don`t know him personally.

Btw, do you see Svozil, Berni (21) or Ceulemans? ;) And Peeke is 23 years old with experiences in AHL/NHL.

Who is right, the future will show. But I want to remind previous polls. ;) See them very thoroughly... or drafts... . For example Voronkov. He has taken in 5th round and where he`s now. Or Atkinson - 7th round, Bjorkstrand. If I would put him among the best prospects people would think I was mad. Or other teams, Lunqvist, Palat, Pavelski, Zetterberg - 7th round, Benny - 5th round, Panarin wasn't drafted.

EDIT: I`m pleasantly surprised that there is another CBJ fan in Slovakia. You yourself know how terribly few they are... :)
He and Ceulemans both have some concerns because of the leagues in which they have played so far. Ceulemans has produced for Canada in junior touraments so he has that and is the big righty teams love.

Both are moving up to play tougher competition so those are 2 guys we should get a better read on after this coming season

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
He and Ceulemans both have some concerns because of the leagues in which they have played so far. Ceulemans has produced for Canada in junior touraments so he has that and is the big righty teams love.

Both are moving up to play tougher competition so those are 2 guys we should get a better read on after this coming season
I hope yes, really. If there is an opportunity and the mood, I will follow Samuel. Although I watched Salavat Yulaev (and not only that team) in KHL the last season. All games. That's why I know KHL very well.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Just looked up Makarov. 6' 4" 234. Wait till he grows up.
I dont know his body composition but I wouldnt be surprised if he loses weight. Or says screw it and turns into a bully becoming the defense version of Artyukhin :laugh:

Reactions: Jovavic

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I dont know his body composition but I wouldnt be surprised if he loses weight. Or says screw it and turns into a bully becoming the defense version of Artyukhin :laugh:

Yes Sokolov had to slim down to become a serious prospect.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Yes Sokolov had to slim down to become a serious prospect.
And even he is over 10 pounds lighter. I said I dont know his body composition but its a lot harder on your endurance to be a bigger guy so what I was saying is I dont expect him to just keep gaining as he gets older and become 250lbs or something

Edit: Even went and looked at Sokolov's thread on Ottawa's board and someone even commented on how much leaner he looks so... yeah. Id like to actually know real time changing sizes of these guys but pro sports are so weird with height and weight listings

Last edited:
Reactions: majormajor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad