"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
And Angle..remove Peeke...:sarcasm:
trouble.gif

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
The 2 Russians have just as good or better shots than Sillinger.

I also think Foudy has much better offensive skill and offensive awareness than he gets credit for, especially in relation to Voronkov.

His skating has already shown to be impactful at the NHL level. He will only get stronger and faster the next couple years at least.
Voronkov skills and awareness are very underrated. But I agree Liam will be only better. Btw I would try him play the center. We can`t lose anything.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I see 8 people still have Peeke as #6. The same guy that the team just signed to a 787k deal? Granted its a one way deal but if that is how you value the 6th best prospect the rest must be really bad. Love to hear rationale. Not saying you're wrong just trying to understand the disconnect (to me anyway) between how you voted and this deal.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I see 8 people still have Peeke as #6. The same guy that the team just signed to a 787k deal? Granted its a one way deal but if that is how you value the 6th best prospect the rest must be really bad. Love to hear rationale. Not saying you're wrong just trying to understand the disconnect (to me anyway) between how you voted and this deal.

i didn’t vote for Peeke, and his play (or lack there of) over the past two years has definitely knocked him down on my personal list. But if you’re voting on upside, Peeke absolutely belongs up here. Plenty of defenseman take time to get where they’re going to go. He doesn’t have elite upside, but remember Savard took some time before he got acclimated in the NHL. Including getting called out by JD for his fitness. Don’t give up on Peeke yet

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Tarasov.. has potential to be an elite #1 goalie .. Foudy in my mind has potential to be a good 2nd to 3rd line forward

Reactions: Fro

Heavy Metal Jackets

Jan 9, 2021
Land of Cheese

The money doesn't matter to me because he hasn't played that much yet, we had a deep D core when he was coming up. He's got a big frame, can skate well, has a good shot, good hockey IQ, and if more physical can be a solid defender. Might be leadership qualities at the pro level since he was a captain in college. He did have some bad luck in his first NHL season(19-20). I personally saw plenty of upside before he broke his finger and took a weird puck deflection to the face that stunted his first cups of coffee. He hasn't shown much since then but also oddly didn't play alot last year when he should have been developing. Thought a few times during his first call ups he could be a minute-chewing/2nd PP Top 4 defenseman eventually.

Last edited:

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Peeke may get to be a decent 2nd pair defenseman. Foudy may get to be a 2nd line wing or maybe a 3rd line center. Tarasov may get to be a starter in the NHL.

Tarasov

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If it was based on current performance, I'm not sure I'd have him listed. But I haven't given up on his upside. I don't think we've really seen what he can be.

Also, see W8's post above in re: the Savard development comparison. Four years after Savard was drafted he was down to #13 in these rankings after having been a top-5 regular for the past three. The very next year he was one of our best players.

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

rotsbu

Feb 14, 2020
i didn’t vote for Peeke, and his play (or lack there of) over the past two years has definitely knocked him down on my personal list. But if you’re voting on upside, Peeke absolutely belongs up here. Plenty of defenseman take time to get where they’re going to go. He doesn’t have elite upside, but remember Savard took some time before he got acclimated in the NHL. Including getting called out by JD for his fitness. Don’t give up on Peeke yet

This pretty much sums up my thoughts. Although I'm less excited about Peeke than I was at this time last year, I have to remind myself that of my ambivalence about him is in large part due to this past season when he was only able to play a few games.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Re Peeke: It may be that with the cap situation the way it is this might be the kind of deal these guys are getting. Timmons just signed an #850k per year deal. Teams willing to pay NHL $ to have development time in the A with guys they see upside in. We'll see.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Re Peeke: It may be that with the cap situation the way it is this might be the kind of deal these guys are getting. Timmons just signed an #850k per year deal. Teams willing to pay NHL $ to have development time in the A with guys they see upside in. We'll see.

I don't think it means much about whether they're destined for the AHL. Timmins probably won't see the AHL again. It's just RFAs with limited gp having zero leverage.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Peeke may get to be a decent 2nd pair defenseman. Foudy may get to be a 2nd line wing or maybe a 3rd line center. Tarasov may get to be a starter in the NHL.

Tarasov

This was largely my thought process except that my end conclusion was goalies are such a crapshoot that I just can't rank a goalie this high.

Reactions: Byrral

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad