Prospect Info: HFCBJ Summer 2021 Prospect Rankings: #12

Who is the best prospect of these 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I’ll add that doesn’t mean they are infallible or will be right. But seeing as I’ve been too busy to watch video on this year’s later picks, I’m going to defer to their ranking of those guys.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I haven’t watched Richard play, and I have no problem with anyone voting for whoever they want.

But, I think your statement is false, based on what I’ve been told by low level people who have been in the room and what we’ve seen in the first few rounds.

They make their list at the top and then separate later rounds into tiers. But they don’t try to outguess the other teams, they take the highest rated guy on their list in each round, occasionally debating guys on same tier on positional need.

So, they (jackets scouts) clearly thought Richard was a better prospect than the other D picked after.

Are you saying that you know the Jackets in particular don't try to outguess? I could believe that, though plenty of teams do in the early rounds. By round 4 though I think everyone is just going through their lists, no one knows who teams are going to pick at that point.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Are you saying that you know the Jackets in particular don't try to outguess? I could believe that, though plenty of teams do in the early rounds. By round 4 though I think everyone is just going through their lists, no one knows who teams are going to pick at that point.

Trading down a few spots because you think 'your guy' is still going to be there happens, I'm sure, but it's pretty clear in recent history that the Jackets are willing to take a guy that consensus list has later rather than mess around with guessing and trading down in the early rounds. The discussion was about players drafted after round 4 in the current draft so it doesn't seem like we are in disagreement anyways based on your last sentence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad