Prospect Info: HFCBJ 2023 Summer Prospect Rankings: #19

Which of these 5 prospects is best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Getting close to the end of HFCBJ's annual prospect polls. A quick reminder as to how this goes:
Vote for the best prospect from the above poll (listed alphabetically) and post who you think should be added from the full (remaining) list below. Criteria is that they are under 25 and haven't spent the majority of a season in the NHL. (This criteria may not match any particular service's/outlet's, or anyone's here who makes a list. Be that as it may...)

There are no set guidelines to determine how you vote. Peak potential, likelihood of NHL career, pathway to playing time, expectations based on draft status -- any/all of these can be used at your discretion. There is no right/wrong way to vote.

1) Adam Fantilli (C)
2) David Jiricek (RD)
3) Denton Mateychuk (LD)
4) Dmitri Voronkov (C)
5) Stanislav Svozil (LD)
6) Gavin Brindley (C)
7) Jordan Dumais (RW)
8) Corson Ceulemans (D)
9) Daniil Tarasov (G)
10) Luca Del Bel Belluz (C)
11) Hunter McKown (C)
12) James Malatesta (LW)
13) William Whitelaw (RW)
14) Sergei Ivanov (G)
15) Kirill Dolzhenkov (RW)
16) Nikolai Makarov (D)
17) Mikael Pyythia (LW/C)
18) Martin Rysavy (RW)

Added: Guillaume Richard (LD)

THIS IS THE FINAL ADD VOTE.

Select your add from the list below:

Tyler Angle (C)
Ole Julian Bjørgvik Holm (LD)
Ben Boyd (C)
Cameron Butler (RW)
Joshua Dunne (C)
James Fisher (RW/MOD)
Trey Fix-Wolansky (RW)
Jet Greaves (G)
Aidan Hreschuk (LD)
Oiva Keskinen (C)
Nolan Lalonde (G)
Tyler Peddle (LW/C)
Melvin Strahl (G)
Robbie Stucker (RD)

Final Add Votes as of NotWendell:
Fisher - 5
Peddle - 4
Greaves - 3
Fix-Wolansky - 2

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Knazko, add Greaves.

For silly purposes...
Cumulative Add Votes For Prospects Not Yet Added, as of NotWendell:
Fisher - 22
Fix-Wolansky - 20
Greaves - 14
Peddle - 4
Stucker - 1
Hreschuk - 1
Lalonde - 1

Last edited:

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I voted Luca.. if we have 20 prospects better than that spark plug.. I think we are finally getting somewhere. Add Fisher, though I like Peddles potential & grit.. just don't want to always pick the new kid.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Add TFW

He put up 71 points in 61 games for Cleveland last year. That's got to be honorable mention worthy at least.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Add TFW

He put up 71 points in 61 games for Cleveland last year. That's got to be honorable mention worthy at least.
Eventually AHL scoring means nothing when in your limited NHL oppurtunities you show nothing to stand stand out. He kind of started to show an edge last year but not enough to even be close to a roster spot on a healthy team

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Add Fisher (RW/MOD)...although part of me thinks part of him is over the hill...:sarcasm:

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Eventually AHL scoring means nothing when in your limited NHL oppurtunities you show nothing to stand stand out. He kind of started to show an edge last year but not enough to even be close to a roster spot on a healthy team
I am no scout or prospects expert but...is this the difference between a 1st rounder and a 7th rounder? TFW shows very little in 15 NHL games so he's written off but Liam Foudy can go 50+ NHL games without a goal and they keep throwing him out there?

I know there is more to showing something than just scoring and I am not banging the table for TFW but I can't help thinking that if Foudy had been the 204th pick in his draft the team would have sat him long before he got that first regular season goal.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I am no scout or prospects expert but...is this the difference between a 1st rounder and a 7th rounder? TFW shows very little in 15 NHL games so he's written off but Liam Foudy can go 50+ NHL games without a goal and they keep throwing him out there?

I know there is more to showing something than just scoring and I am not banging the table for TFW but I can't help thinking that if Foudy had been the 204th pick in his draft the team would have sat him long before he got that first regular season goal.
I cant even remember where Foudy got ranked in the past but atleast in Foudy's case he has a clear cut skill that could provide NHL value and is 6'2". Hes got wheels and good enough defense so far but was kind of in a weird spot with injuries and covid and hes also a year younger. But to be fair many were ready to throw in the towel on Foudy until he started to show something this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad