OT: HFCanucks - What is the best hockey movie?

What is the best hockey movie ever made?

• Total voters

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Voted Slapshot.....without a doubt. I know other filmmakers have tried to make serious hockey movies like Miracle. But at the end of the day, it's just a game played by grown up boys.

The Slapshot characters live on in hockey folklore.....the Hansen brothers; Reggie Dunlop; Ogie Ogelthorpe; and Chiefs goalie Denis Lemieux among many others. Since it's release in 1977 successive generations have fallen for the movie over and over again, and it's still a staple on junior hockey buses traveling the Canadian and U.S. hinterlands.

And the fact it was mostly filmed at the Utica Aud, home of the Comets, clinches it for me.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Slapshot without a doubt.

I did just recently see a really good, rather unknown, 1970’s (Irish) mob movie called The Friends of Eddie Coyle, starring Robert Mitchum... and onwards the end of the film there is an extended scene that takes place at a Bruins - Blackhawks game. Some pretty cool footage of Orr, amongst others. Not sure if they took actual game highlights or staged the play, but pretty neat either way.
And another oddball movie by the oddball poster Hit the Post:

Reactions: Regular David Bruce

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad