HFBoards TOP 75 Prospects Ranking #49 (closed)

• K.Miller, D - NYR

• H.Lapierre, C- WSH

• K.Marchenko, LW - CLB

• J.Pelletier, LW - CGY

• C.Foote, D - TBL

• C.Zary, C - CGY

• I.Mitchell, D - CHI

• D.Mercer, C - NJD

• R.Merkley, D - SJS

• J.Veleno, C - DET

• R.Kupari, C - LAK

• Y.Chinakhov, RW - CLB

• C.York, D - PHI

• N.Hoglander, LW - VAN

• L.Foudy, C - CLB

• A.Formenton, LW - OTT

• K.Guhle, D - MTL

• A.Beckman, LW - MIN

• J.Jenik, C - ARI

• M.Frost, C - PHI

• S.Perunovich, D - STL

• M.Boldy, LW - MIN

• C.Timmins, D - COL

• J.Studnicka, C - BOS

• J.Bean, D - CAR

• T.Harley, D - DAL

• L.Elvenes, C - VGK

• L.Reichel, LW - CHI

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Criteria is 22 and under, 41 NHL GP or less, no goalies

2019 list: HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects

1. Alexis Lafrenière - LW:rangers18. Noah Dobson - D:isles35. Seth Jarvis - RW:canes
2. Quinton Byfield - C:kings19. Alexander Holtz - RW:devils36. Josh Norris - C:sens
3. Tim Stützle - C/W:sens20. Evan Bouchard - D:edmonton37. Erik Brännström - D:sens
4. Bowen Byram - D:avs21. Cole Caufield - RW:habs38. Victor Söderström - D:coyotes2
5. Trevor Zegras - C:ducks22. Nils Lundkvist - D:rangers39. Peyton Krebs - C:vegas
6. Moritz Seider - D:wings23. Cody Glass - C:vegas40. Timothy Liljegren - D:leafs
7. Dylan Cozens - C:sabres24. Barrett Hayton - C:coyotes241. Owen Tippett - RW:panthers
8. Lucas Raymond - LW:wings25. Ty Smith - D:devils42. Grigori Denisenko - RW:panthers
9. Marco Rossi - C:wild26. Juuso Välimäki - D:flames43. Jonatan Berggren - C/W:wings
10. Alex Newhook - C:avs27. Vitali Kravtsov - RW:rangers44. Rodion Amirov - W:leafs
11. Filip Zadina - LW:wings28. Rasmus Sandin - D:leafs45. Ville Heinola - D:jets
12. Jamie Drysdale - D:ducks29. Alexander Romanov - D:habs46. Dylan Holloway - C:edmonton
13. Alex Turcotte - C:kings30. Nick Robertson - LW:leafs47. Philip Tomasino - C/W:nashville
14. Cole Perfetti - C/W:jets31. Jack Quinn - RW:sabres48. Arthur Kaliyev - W:kings
15. Jake Sanderson - D:sens32. Connor McMichael - C:caps49.
16. Philip Broberg - D:edmonton33. Vasili Podkolzin - RW:nucks50.
17. Gabriel Vilardi - C:kings34. Anton Lundell - C:panthers
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
to add (no order):
S.Fagemo, LW - LAK
T.Bjornfot, D - LAK
L.Brown, C - OTT
J.Rees, C - CAR
T.Dellandrea, C - DAL
A.Heponiemi, C - FLA
E.Zamula, D - PHI
B.Schneider, D - NYR
J.Bernard-Docker, D - OTT
T.Madden, C - LAK
D.Farrance, D - NSH
C.Addison, D - MIN
D.Samberg - D, WPG
N.Foote, LW - NJD
D.Samorukov D - EDM
M.Kaut, RW - COL
L.Brown, C - OTT
O.Wahlstrom - RW - NYI
E.Tolvanen, W - NSH
S.Poulin, LW - PIT

Last edited:

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Add to the (add to) list some of the recent top Hobey baker finalists like Morgan Barron/john leonard/jordan Kawaguchi/taro hirose etc

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Formenton
Boldy
Harley
York
Mercer/Marchenko

Oh so you're going to do a top-75 finally? Cool. No hockey in the winter is painful so anything can help while we wait

Remove L.Thompson from the add-list. He has dropped significantly in the Sens pool (even though he's the 19th OA from 2019). Shane Pinto, Ridly Greig, Roby Jarventie, Rudolf Balcers, Vitali Abramov and Joey Daccord have all been voted over him on the Sens board. I'd add Pinto instead of Thomson I guess. Jarventie is a guy to keep an eye on, started his liiga 18 y/o rookie season on fire with near PPG after 15 GP. He has cooled off a bit recently with no points in 4 straight games. But a bit normal as he's not getting prime minutes as a young player.

Reactions: amnesiac

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
I can't understand what has happened to poor old Morgan Frost...
  • Dobber has him rated #5 - one below Stutzle and one ahead of Heyton. A component of this keeper points only ranking is closeness to a NHL roster spot.
  • The Hockey News has him listed as the starting 3C with Lindblom and Laughton.
  • The Hockey News says, "Talented pivot with first-line potential."
  • In 2017 Elite Prospects wrote: " A play-making pivot who reads the game intelligently…calm and poised…agile on his skates and possesses excellent edge work."
  • 109 and 112 pt. seasons for the Greyhounds
  • Team Canada...4+4 in 5 games.
  • Drafted 27th OA and he's actually played 20 NHL games (2-5-7).
I "get" why we get excited by a player like...pick one...Jack Quinn and yes, I also get Frosty is no Sakic.
What I don't understand is why a 21 year old with this resume is thrown to the curb. How soon we are burnt.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
I can't understand what has happened to poor old Morgan Frost...
  • Dobber has him rated #5 - one below Stutzle and one ahead of Heyton. A component of this keeper points only ranking is closeness to a NHL roster spot.
  • The Hockey News has him listed as the starting 3C with Lindblom and Laughton.
  • The Hockey News says, "Talented pivot with first-line potential."
  • In 2017 Elite Prospects wrote: " A play-making pivot who reads the game intelligently…calm and poised…agile on his skates and possesses excellent edge work."
  • 109 and 112 pt. seasons for the Greyhounds
  • Team Canada...4+4 in 5 games.
  • Drafted 27th OA and he's actually played 20 NHL games (2-5-7).
I "get" why we get excited by a player like...pick one...Jack Quinn and yes, I also get Frosty is no Sakic.
What I don't understand is why a 21 year old with this resume is thrown to the curb. How soon we are burnt.

its about what he did last year, not 2-4 years ago

29P in 41GP in the AHL
2G 7P in 20GP with the Flyers

its underwhelming, thats all.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I guess the fact he'll be 23 in March and still isnt a fulltime NHLer doesnt help his case

only 1G 9P in 29GP
He hasn't played for over a year and you're using the he will be 23 in March and isn't a full time NHLer?.... Then cherry pick his NHL stats where he was getting 8 minutes a game on a terrible team rather then point out he has dominated the AHL as a 20 and 21 year old is showing a specific bias. Not saying he is a world beater but thats not an accurate display of the player.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
By the way, he's twice in your add list

I guess the fact he'll be 23 in March and still isnt a fulltime NHLer doesnt help his case

only 1G 9P in 29GP

Well, no Sens player/prospect has played any pro NA hockey in almost a year. Logan Brown was 21 y/o in the AHL last year and went over PPG. He hasn't played a single game as a 22 y/o.

Also, 9 P in 29 GP doesn't say much without context

Played 4 Games with 8:08 TOI/GP as a 19 y/o : 1 pt
Played 2 Games with 10:31 TOI/GP as a 20 y/o : 0 pt
Played 23 Games with 11:45 TOI/GP as a 21 y/o : 8 pts

Logan Brown is 6'6, it takes a lot of time to "grow into your body" when you're that huge, and his father (ex NHLer Jeff Brown) didn't want him to start training until he was older than other teenagers. Logan was a long-term project right from the start. They are developping him progressively. The kid would like to get a bigger opportunity right away but Sens are being careful with his development, you can't burn steps. Not everyone is Brady Tkachuk.

It's very hard to say how good he'll be in the NHL. He's a bit like Zibanejad when he was younger who was also still very raw when drafted. They brought Zibanejad in much younger though, kinda "forced him" into the lineup (however he had a lot more talent to play with, played with a combination of Spezza, Michalek, Ryan and Hoffman in his first few seasons). However graduating him that young before he was fully developed might have slowed down his NHL development. Which could explain why they are more cautious with Brown. The kid has too many tools well above average (skill/hands, hockey IQ/vision, passing, even his shot is pretty good) to not be a NHLer (as long as he wants it)

Logan could be a NHL regular already but as the Sens have not been playing to compete, development is the most important thing and they have the luxury to be patient. Every prospect has been brought in gradually (exception to the rule : Tkachuk). Also, as they have been trading most good/proven veterans, you can't throw the prospects to the wolves. There's a difference playing with Mark Stone and I don't know, Nick Paul.

His AHL 20 y/o & AHL/NHL 21 y/o highlights

His skillset is ridiculous, could be a monster if he puts it all together

I haven't been voting him or anything, just saying. I have a few guys that I would rank above him but it's coming.

Last edited:
Reactions: bert

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
By the way, he's twice in your add list

Well, no Sens player/prospect has played any pro NA hockey in almost a year. Logan Brown was 21 y/o in the AHL last year and went over PPG. He hasn't played a single game as a 22 y/o.

Also, 9 P in 29 GP doesn't say much without context

Played 4 Games with 8:08 TOI/GP as a 19 y/o : 1 pt
Played 2 Games with 10:31 TOI/GP as a 20 y/o : 0 pt
Played 23 Games with 11:45 TOI/GP as a 21 y/o : 8 pts

Logan Brown is 6'6, it takes a lot of time to "grow into your body" when you're that huge, and his father (ex NHLer Jeff Brown) didn't want him to start training until he was older than other teenagers. Logan was a long-term project right from the start. They are developping him progressively. The kid would like to get a bigger opportunity right away but Sens are being careful with his development, you can't burn steps. Not everyone is Brady Tkachuk.

It's very hard to say how good he'll be in the NHL. He's a bit like Zibanejad when he was younger who was also still very raw when drafted. They brought Zibanejad in much younger though, kinda "forced him" into the lineup (however he had a lot more talent to play with, played with a combination of Spezza, Michalek, Ryan and Hoffman in his first few seasons). However graduating him that young before he was fully developed might have slowed down his NHL development. Which could explain why they are more cautious with Brown. The kid has too many tools well above average (skill/hands, hockey IQ/vision, passing, even his shot is pretty good) to not be a NHLer (as long as he wants it)

Logan could be a NHL regular already but as the Sens have not been playing to compete, development is the most important thing and they have the luxury to be patient. Every prospect has been brought in gradually (exception to the rule : Tkachuk). Also, as they have been trading most good/proven veterans, you can't throw the prospects to the wolves. There's a difference playing with Mark Stone and I don't know, Nick Paul.

His AHL 20 y/o & AHL/NHL 21 y/o highlights

His skillset is ridiculous, could be a monster if he puts it all together

I haven't been voting him or anything, just saying. I have a few guys that I would rank above him but it's coming.

Sometimes toi doesn't really work. If the team was so bad, and he was so good, he would be getting more ice time. But he wasn't getting more ice time because he wasn't wowing anyone.

Reactions: amnesiac

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sometimes toi doesn't really work. If the team was so bad, and he was so good, he would be getting more ice time. But he wasn't getting more ice time because he wasn't wowing anyone.

Did I say he was getting shafted with ice time? Young players traditionally get less ice-time and opportunities, they have to work their "way up"

Did you follow the Sens last year? Did you watch the games? Did you see how the rookie coach was relying on "safe veterans" like Connor Brown and Chris Tierney? The only young player that has been "thrown" to the wolves recently is Brady Tkachuk because he had the physical and mental maturity to do it. Even Chabot spent 2 more years in the Q after being drafted. In his D+3, started in the AHL and NHL slowly, progressively until he was ready to make a impact. Everybody knew Chabot was going to be good for a while, still every player has a different development path.

Outside of a few games and sparse sequences, no Brown wasn't "wowing" anyone because the plan for Logan Brown is for him to be an impact player, not just a NHLer, so they continue to develop him. It took a while and many NHL games for Zibanejad to be good as well (not saying Brown will become as good, he'd need to put it all together in a major way)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad