HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #20 (closed)

• N.Lundkvist, D - NYR

• J.Quinn, RW - BUF

• G.Denisenko, RW - FLA

• V.Soderstrom, D - ARI

• J.Valimaki, D - CGY

• V.Podkolzin, RW - VAN

• N.Robertson, LW - TOR

• B.Hayton , C - ARI

• E.Brannstrom, D - OTT

• A.Formenton, LW - OTT

• C.Caufield, RW - MTL

• P.Tomasino, C - NSH

• T.Smith, D - NJD

• O.Tippett, RW - FLA

• V.Heinola, D - WPG

• C.Glass, C - VGK

• C.McMichael, C - WSH

• A.Romanov, D - MTL

• J.Norris, C - OTT

• R.Sandin, D - TOR

• A.Lundell, C - FLA

• J Studnicka, C - BOS

• E.Bouchard, D - EDM

• P.Krebs, C - VGK

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
No. Youre counting sandins AHL stats at 18 and 19 together and comoaring them to bouchards at 19. Why not compare sandins 15 in 21 to bouchards at age 19? Its because you dont like the answer..... and then sandin cracks the NHL..... bouchard hasnt.

Sorry bud bouchard cant keep pace. But second place isnt bad. Even if this is just a 2 horse race.
Bouchard still beats Sandin (.78>>.71)

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
No, and that would still be wrong. He mistook the PIM category for points

Yeah, my bad.

LOL, really reaching aren't you.

So how you going to twist NHL stats? the most relevant ones?

They're AHL stats btw.

And it was Bouchard's rookie AHL season, it was Sandin's 2nd one. Bouchard is older, but having that extra pro experience goes a long way. And if we do include playoff points, the ppg is 0.71 to 0.71.

Also, comparing ppg's that are that close at the AHL level is completely useless. There are so many factors to consider that makes a point comparison almost irrelevant.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Yeah, my bad.

They're AHL stats btw.

And it was Bouchard's rookie AHL season, it was Sandin's 2nd one. Bouchard is older, but having that extra pro experience goes a long way. And if we do include playoff points, the ppg is 0.71 to 0.71.

Also, comparing ppg's that are that close at the AHL level is completely useless. There are so many factors to consider that makes a point comparison almost irrelevant.

And then you have one cracking the NHL (and playing pretty well), and the other not......... Even though, as you point out, he's older.

and then you have WJHC performance, best dman, etc.

It's no shame that Bouchard is behind Sandin, Sandin has done very well.

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
And then you have one cracking the NHL, and the other not......... Even though, as you point out, he's older.

What an irrelevant post.

Kotkaniemi was in the NHL before Hughes played a single game in the NHL. A, prospects develop differently. B, Bouchard is NHL ready, we didn't see the point in burning a year on his ELC when we barely had room for him on our roster. And C, it's not like Sandin was very good in his NHL stint either.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
What an irrelevant post.

Kotkaniemi was in the NHL before Hughes played a single game in the NHL. A, prospects develop differently. B, Bouchard is NHL ready, we didn't see the point in burning a year on his ELC when we barely had room for him on our roster. And C, it's not like Sandin was very good in his NHL stint either.
No room on that roster because of all those exceptional dmen, sure, I get that.

And if you really think Sandin wasn't very good, well..... that's just silly.

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
No room on that roster because of all those exceptional dmen, sure, I get that.

And if you really think Sandin wasn't very good, well..... that's just silly.

Adam Larsson, Ethan Bear, and Matt Benning are all capable top-6 defensemen. What was the point of burning a year on his ELC for that? And Holland is known for being patient when it comes to developing prospects. Our AHL team has done a great job of developing defensemen recently, with Ethan Bear and Caleb Jones both emerging as top-4 candidates. (Bear's already proven he's a top-4 Dman, Jones has his shot next year). I personally think it's better for development playing top-tier minutes in the AHL than playing bottom-pairing NHL minutes in their draft+2 year.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Adam Larsson, Ethan Bear, and Matt Benning are all capable top-6 defensemen. What was the point of burning a year on his ELC for that? And Holland is known for being patient when it comes to developing prospects. Our AHL team has done a great job of developing defensemen recently, with Ethan Bear and Caleb Jones both emerging as top-4 candidates. (Bear's already proven he's a top-4 Dman, Jones has his shot next year). I personally think it's better for development playing top-tier minutes in the AHL than playing bottom-pairing NHL minutes in their draft+2 year.

LOL, yeah, real superstars. I can see you wouldn't want to play a young kid when you have superstars like Benning ahead of him in the depth chart. LOL.

Anyway, since superstar Benning is gone, maybe they'll find a spot for him this year.

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
LOL, yeah, real superstars. I can see you wouldn't want to play a young kid when you have superstars like Benning ahead of him in the depth chart. LOL.

Anyway, since superstar Benning is gone, maybe they'll find a spot for him this year.

You completely misunderstood my post.

Benning is a capable bottom-pairing defensemen. Unless we were sure that Bouchard would be significantly better than that, there would be no point in burning a year on his ELC for what would arguably be worse for his development. Take a look at Brent Burns, who is often used as a comparable for Bouch. He didn't crack the NHL until his D+3 year, and he didn't put up 40 points until his D+5 year. Defensemen take time, and it isn't a bad thing if a defensemen is playing in the AHL in his D+2 year.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
You completely misunderstood my post.

Benning is a capable bottom-pairing defensemen. Unless we were sure that Bouchard would be significantly better than that, there would be no point in burning a year on his ELC for what would arguably be worse for his development. Take a look at Brent Burns, who is often used as a comparable for Bouch. He didn't crack the NHL until his D+3 year, and he didn't put up 40 points until his D+5 year. Defensemen take time, and it isn't a bad thing if a defensemen is playing in the AHL in his D+2 year.
No, it's not necessarily a bad thing if a Dman can't crack right away. Because it's not expected. So when they do, they're performing better than expected.

There is no way you can spin an NHL prospect cracking the roster of an NHL team as a bad thing.

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
No, it's not necessarily a bad thing if a Dman can't crack right away. Because it's not expected. So when they do, they're performing better than expected.

There is no way you can spin an NHL prospect cracking the roster of an NHL team as a bad thing.

I never said that.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Quinns better. Higher pick in a better draft not one dimensional.

Wtf are you talking about..... First of all I dont know what that means. Second of all find the quote dont air quote it making it up. Bring something of substance. You're a homer who cheer leads whoever his favorite team picks. Try and be objective.

Ive been posting here for 18 years plenty of posts to go back on to check my post history if you dissagree with my opinions.

The higher pick in a better draft is just stupid. Would you rather have Dylan Strome or Elias Pettersson? Strome because he was a higher pick in a better draft right? And what makes Quinn better (other than his height)? I hope he's able to replicate or better Caufield's D+1 season........some lofty expectations.

I would also take Caufield over Seider, Turcotte, Sanderson and Broberg in the rankings.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The higher pick in a better draft is just stupid. Would you rather have Dylan Strome or Elias Pettersson? Strome because he was a higher pick in a better draft right? And what makes Quinn better (other than his height)? I hope he's able to replicate or better Caufield's D+1 season........some lofty expectations.

I would also take Caufield over Seider, Turcotte, Sanderson and Broberg in the rankings.
Bookemarked for terrible ability to understand the sport.

Show proof you didnt like Strome. There is plenty of proof from my post history i didnt. Did you even do it? Seider and Sanderson will make you look silly. The two we shall see.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Bookemarked for terrible ability to understand the sport.

Show proof you didnt like Strome. There is plenty of proof from my post history i didnt. Did you even do it? Seider and Sanderson will make you look silly. The two we shall see.
Glad my words are so special that you're bookmarking my posts to re-read on a rainy day.

I wasn't even on hf until 2017 so clearly there's no written evidence of my dislike of Strome. You missed the point entirely anyways, it wasn't about the two players specifically but rather about how utterly stupid it was to use your logic of "drafted higher in a better draft" especially given that the players of the better draft haven't even yet played their D+1 seasons.

How will Seider and Sanderson make me look silly? Even if they become top pairing dmen, it's not a slight to believe Caufield, who I view as a potential elite winger, will be better. You don't seem to be making any coherent arguments to justify your faulty logic but instead make obnoxious statements like "show proof you didn't like Strome". As such, I'm done conversing with you.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Bouchard's 3rd goal of the season in the Allsvenskan: (Where he's leading all defensemen in TOI/GP)

Is this supposed to be some type of Major accomplishment, or selling point? Especially when you consider the Allsvenskan is equivalent to the ECHL.

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
Is this supposed to be some type of Major accomplishment, or selling point? Especially when you consider the Allsvenskan is equivalent to the ECHL.

It wasn't meant to be some major selling point.

Imagine getting that worked up about someone posting a goal that a prospect scored, on a prospect ranking thread.

And I've explained why he's playing in the Allsvenskan, it's so that he can come back to the NHL when the season starts up again. You're hatred for Oilers prospects is pretty funny. You ignored my response to you in the other thread. What's wrong with two top-10 picks who are trending upwards being ranked in the top-20?

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
It wasn't meant to be some major selling point.

Imagine getting that worked up about someone posting a goal that a prospect scored, on a prospect ranking thread.

And I've explained why he's playing in the Allsvenskan, it's so that he can come back to the NHL when the season starts up again. You're hatred for Oilers prospects is pretty funny. You ignored my response to you in the other thread. What's wrong with two top-10 picks who are trending upwards being ranked in the top-20?

The goal was nice. I was referencing the TOI statement, clearly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad