• P.Tomasino - NSH

• L.Hughes - NJD

• A.Kaliyev - LAK

• K.Johnson - CLB

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Guess we don't think much of McTavish? I dunno if I'd have picked him 3rd but his junior numbers are quality and he handled himself against men in the Swiss league.

I went Rossi here but at this point it could be any of a dozen guys really.

And after next year the final result won't look anything like what it did going into the year.

Some prospects make great leaps and bounds in development others stagnate ect....

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Only 6 players post expansion have scored at a higher PPG clip in the AHL in the season after they were drafted (minimum 20GP)

So yeah, quite unheard of.

Obviously this year the quality in the AHL dipped quite a bit with the top line top pair guys away on the taxi squads.

Perfetti may have had an impressive season regardless but there were many U21 players who scored at a higher clip than him this year.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Obviously this year the quality in the AHL dipped quite a bit with the top line top pair guys away on the taxi squads.

Perfetti may have had an impressive season regardless but there were many U21 players who scored at a higher clip than him this year.
Only Chytil, Pastrnak, Nylander, Robert Döme, Jozef Cierny and Nikita Filitov have produced better P/PG numbers at players in their D+1 seasons.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
No, it's not.

It was an impressive season, no need to stretch the truth.
How am I stretching the truth when i’m bring up facts to support my argument?

Your argument consists of “i’m right, you’re wrong” without any supporting argument as to why you think this.

Fact of the matter is Perfetti produced one of the best seasons as a D+1 player in AHL history. He has done nothing since being drafted into the NHL but improve his game.

If Perfetti was drafted top-5 and had the season he had, there would be way more hype around him as a prospect.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
How am I stretching the truth when i’m bring up facts to support my argument?

Your argument consists of “i’m right, you’re wrong” without any supporting argument as to why you think this.

My argument is support by facts.

You said he was 18. He was not. Fact.

You said his season was unheard of. It was not, it's been done several times. Fact.

See. Facts.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Only Chytil, Pastrnak, Nylander, Robert Döme, Jozef Cierny and Nikita Filitov have produced better P/PG numbers at players in their D+1 seasons.

You haven't taken note at all that this year in the AHL was quite different.

Seth Jarvis had a better AHL scoring pace than Perfetti. So did Mavrik Bourque, though of course it was only 6 games.

If you look at all U20s there were several guys ahead of him.

When only 6 players have produced better in a 60 year span; yeah, i’d say it is.

Wow only 6 better performances out of the great mass of players playing their D+1 in the AHL. :laugh:

Here are all of the forwards that have played 20+ games in their D+1 in the AHL in the ten years prior.

Girgensons
Pastrnak
W. Nylander
Fiala
Puljujarvi
A. Nylander
Chytil
Kostin
Holmstrom

Perfetti is 4th out of 9 in points per game. It's not that big of a distinction.

Reactions: Leaves34

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Perfetti is reportedly head and shoulders above all other players at the team Canada camp right now. He also exploded in the AHL after an adjustment period, most of his points came in the 2nd half with many multi-point games.

Definitely going with him here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad