HFBoards Top 31 NHL Centers

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Sorry, but Brayden Point does not get precedence over ROR just because he put up more points (no pun intended). He's super overrated.

Also ROR went head to head against Bergeron in the finals and outplayed him. Just throwing that out there.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
There's the obligatory bad takes, but the lists coming from media outlets are generally worse. It's a fine job.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Weird not seeing rnh on this list. According to some he should be in the top 25.
He's a good center and definitely should have been an honorable mention but I don't really see anyone in the top 31 I'm taking out for him. Maybe Horvat.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Sorry, but Brayden Point does not get precedence over ROR just because he put up more points (no pun intended). He's super overrated.

Also ROR went head to head against Bergeron in the finals and outplayed him. Just throwing that out there.

ROR did outplay an injured Bergeron in the Final. But Bergeron is admittedly at the age where "injured" is going to be mentioned more and more. Heck, he is STILL recovering from the groin injury that killed his skating in the Final.

:tmi:

edit: but, I wouldn't put him ahead of Point

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
He's a good center and definitely should have been an honorable mention but I don't really see anyone in the top 31 I'm taking out for him. Maybe Horvat.
What would the argument be to have Nugent-Hopkins over Horvat? I know you said maybe but I don't see any argument.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
Not just them. Lot of things wrong with that list.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
Matthews 7th and Stamkos before Point are ones that stand out as really bad.

At least I can understand the logic behind Barkov before Bergeron.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Decent list. My 1st thought was that Staal was a stretch even as a HM, but on second thought I'm fine with it. He didn't have a lot to work with last year. If you included the previous two years he should be in the top 31, for sure.

Reactions: Binister

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Nitpick imo: Bergeron above Barkov. Point above Eichel. Toews above Seguin. Monahan above Larkin.

Pretty good list overall, the player "tier" is accurate which is the best we can hope for in a subjective list like that.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
I would have thought Point was higher than Stamkos at this point. Stamkos does have the better body of work I suppose.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
At least I can understand the logic behind Barkov before Bergeron.
What is the logic for that? At least with different types of players (ie. snipers vs. two-way players) you can argue personal preference, but Bergeron and Barkov have a similar type of game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad