HFBoards TOP 15 Goalie Prospects #3 CLOSED

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Shestyorkin, add Huska. Huska's been excellent since drafted, two good WJC's, dominant year in the USHL, and then he was pretty good as the goalie for a bad UConn team last season.

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
unless the goalie in question is Ollie Eriksson-Ek, drafted by the Ducks?

Considering Oettinger was the first goalie drafted in 2017 (26th overall), I'm not expecting Olle Eriksson Ek (153rd overall, I believe he was the 15th goalie selected) to be an option yet.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
sure but i was responding to the "J Eriksson-Ek - Min" that was posted, the center not the goalie, plus the fact that there is no listing of Jake Oettenger. with 2 votes already, i guess Joel Eriksson-Ek has converted from center to goal? ;)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How is Demko leading this poll? Both Shestyorkin and Sorokin are significantly better. Better league and a much better SV%.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
Watch eriksson ek save the cup losing goal.

But really the best goalie prosp prolly isnt on here.

Ville husso gets my vote

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
So you are telling me the AHL is much better than the KHL?

Very ignorant.

How is that very ignorant?

The KHL is full of players (for the most part) that a) aren't good enough to be NHL or b) were in the NHL but are now old and slow. While the AHL is full of young players (mostly the best players from Euro leagues and best upcoming young NA talent meeet in the AHL.)

Look at he Spengler Cup. A bunch of old, broken down, has-Been Canadians with such studs as Mason Raymond, go and win that tournament over KHL teams pretty much every year.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
How is that very ignorant?

The KHL is full of players (for the most part) that a) aren't good enough to be NHL or b) were in the NHL but are now old and slow. While the AHL is full of young players (mostly the best players from Euro leagues and best upcoming young NA talent meeet in the AHL.)

Look at he Spengler Cup. A bunch of old, broken down, has-Been Canadians with such studs as Mason Raymond, go and win that tournament over KHL teams pretty much every year.

Those Canadian teams are basically equivalent/close to ~AHL all-star level teams...

Yet last year they lost to Dinamo Minsk 7-4 in the group and won by one goal in the QF's.

Minsk were maybe the ~10th best KHL team last year.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Those Canadian teams are basically equivalent/close to ~AHL all-star level teams...

Yet last year they lost to Dinamo Minsk 7-4 in the group and won by one goal in the QF's.

Minsk were maybe the ~10th best KHL team last year.

Look at the 2016 roster that won the tournament...

Zachary Fucale, James Shepard, Mason Raymond, Brandon Gormley, Gregory Campbell, MA Pouliot, Mason Raymond, Nick Spaling. Those are the biggest names/best players on team Canada that won the 2016 tournament against the best teams in the SHL, KHL and other Euro leagues.

Then you have guys like Alex Marchenko who was on Russia's Olympic team yet was 2nd pair in the AHL. Generally players from over seas that have already had success struggle at the AHL level ie Pulju, Nylander this year, because of the step up in competiton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad