OT: HFboards tech question - pop ups using iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

OriginalLimbo

May 27, 2019
Dumb question from longtime lurker.

I only use Safari on iPad to browse. Any way to stop the pop ups that always strategically appear right where I would normally swipe to scroll down?

Doesn’t matter how many times the “Visit Virginia Beach” page insinuates itself between me and NYR banter, I will NEVER, EVER, EVER go there. EVER.

TBH - I would have been more open to it before. Now, I won’t ever go just for spite.

Reactions: will1066

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I have been to Virginia Beach many times.

Sandbridge is actually a pretty cool area for vacationing if one likes to rent a house for a week or so. It's like the Outer Banks NC yet not a whole lot of gentrification has taken place. Which is kind of the way I like my vacations, I am older though and do not have an iPad.

For you younger types Virginia Beach proper where the boardwalk runs probably would be more fun.

I know that was probably unhelpful.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I have been to Virginia Beach many times.

Sandbridge is actually a pretty cool area for vacationing if one likes to rent a house for a week or so. It's like the Outer Banks NC yet not a whole lot of gentrification has taken place. Which is kind of the way I like my vacations, I am older though and do not have an iPad.

For you younger types Virginia Beach proper where the boardwalk runs probably would be more fun.

I know that was probably unhelpful.
Another one in the pocket of big Mandatory.

Reactions: Tob and Off Sides

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
NASA Langley Research Center alone is why you need to go to Va. Beach.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Speaking of iOS issues … every now and then my text box blanks / resets when replying to a thread. Anyone else have this issue?

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
Some of my best posts never reach anyone because of surprise random refreshes. Pearls lost to the universe never to be read by anyone because the website pulled a crazy Ivan.

Reactions: Tob

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Those are most likely scripts running or I can be talking out of my ass. I assume people with the issues dont have adblock?

Brave browser should help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad