HFBoards Team Canada 2020: Left Wing Order

Given the composition of the team below, how should the LWs be inserted into Team Canada’s lineup?

• 1. Giroux 3. Hall 4. Scheifele X: Stamkos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1. Giroux 3. Scheifele 4. Hall X: Stamkos

• 1. Hall 3. Giroux 4. Scheifele X: Stamkos

• 1. Hall 3. Scheifele 4. Giroux X: Stamkos

• 1. Scheifele 3. Giroux 4. Hall X: Stamkos

• 1. Scheifele 3. Giroux 4. Stamkos X: Hall

• 1. Stamkos 3. Giroux 4. Scheifele X: Hall

• 1. Stamkos 3. Scheifele 4. Giroux X: Hall

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Giroux narrowly closed out Scheifele in the last poll, by a very small margin. Now, we turn to an issue that has been raised repeatedly over the course of these polls: where each left winger should fit in.

- Given the small margin between Giroux and Scheifele, and the public endorsement of his deserving play, I have decided to include him in the options, as well.

- To ease the number of poll options, I am leaving Marchand on the Crosby line, where he was slotted pretty much unanimously.

What is the ideal fit for each left wing, given the composition of the team below?

x - McDavid - MacKinnon
Marchand - Crosby - Bergeron
x - Tavares - Marner
x - O’Rielly - Stone​

Last edited:

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Personally would have liked Couts to fill line 4 but of those available ...

1LW: Scheifele - Some nice strong and skilled wingers to play with Connor.

3LW: Hall - Natural LW, completes a high skill and offensive orriented 3rd line.

4LW: Giroux - Most defensively responsible guy to complete that defensive line. If Couts was here, I might consider putting Giroux at the 1LW spot even.

X: Stamkos - Plug and play and use on the PP if in need of even more offense (doubt it)

Reactions: Dominance

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Hall - McDavid - MacKinnon
Marchand - Crosby - Bergeron
Stamkos - Tavares - Marner
Scheifele - O'Rielly - Stone

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Stamkos line 1. Everyone says Hall doesn't have chemistry with McDavid, so try Stamkos.
Hall line 3. He got voted in 1st, dont think it makes sense to make him an extra
Schiefele on line 4

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Scheifele, O'Reilly, and Stone made up a very successful line at the 2016 World Championship, though Scheifele was the centre.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Hall/Stamkos on line 1 with the other on the Tavares-Marner line.
Schiefele line 4, Giroux extra. I actually dont think Claude makes it, wasnt good enough in 2010/2014 and he hasnt exactly gone off aside from a 102pt season (which followed a miserable 58pt season)

I'd take Point as the extra easily

Reactions: Dominance

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Hall/Stamkos on line 1 with the other on the Tavares-Marner line.
Schiefele line 4, Giroux extra. I actually dont think Claude makes it, wasnt good enough in 2010/2014 and he hasnt exactly gone off aside from a 102pt season (which followed a miserable 58pt season)

I'd take Point as the extra easily

If you actually believe that, then you must not have much context about that period of hockey. He posted 76, 93, 48 [lockout] and 86 [Olympic year] point seasons leading up to and during that year. He was never outside the top-15 in scoring and had a top-3 finish alongside another in that year.

He was one of the rising stars in the game at that time and he was snubbed because of personal issues with the then head execs in control of team decisions for Canada.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad