HFBoards Team Canada 2020: 4RW

Who SHOULD be Team Canada’s fourth line right wing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
O’Rielly takes the 4C spot by a dominant margin. Now, who should be the fourth line right wing?

This series of polls is an exercise to collectively put together the best roster Canada could field if they were to play an international game on New Year’s Day.

The process for filling out the team as follows:

1. Fill the forwards, moving from centre to wing to wing, with remaining centres also eligible. A guy like Giroux might be best deployed higher up in the lineup on the wing; it is up to the voters to decide.
2. Fill the defense. All defenders will be available for each side. Up to the voters to determine the importance of correct handed-ness.
3. Fill the goaltenders.

If we receive a good amount of participation, I may continue to make a 2020 Team Canada B, Team USA, Team Scandinavia, Team Rest of World, and so on as demanded.

Here is the pool of players I will be working with. Open to suggestions (i.e. shifting Giroux to a winger group).

C: Crosby, McDavid, MacKinnon, Bergeron, Tavares, Seguin, Duchene, O’Rielly, Point, Scheifele, Couturier, Giroux, Monahan, Couture, Stamkos, Johansen, Toews, Strome, Dubois, Barzal, Domi, Horvat, Nugent-Hopkins, Kadri, Schenn, Getzlaf, Athanasiou, E. Staal

LW: Marchand, Hall, Huberdeau, Benn, Skinner, Debrusk, Hoffman, Drouin, Kane, Schwartz

RW: Stone, Marner, Reinhart, Marchesseault, Mantha, Anderson, Gallagher, Bailey, Konecny, Smith, Wilson

LD: Giordano, Chabot, Morrissey, Keith, Girard, Theodore, Murray, Nurse, Matheson, Vlasic, Brodie, Chychrun, Sanheim, Dunn, Muzzin

RD: Burns, Doughty, Rielly, Spurgeon, Dumba, Letang, Pietrangelo, Pulock, Parayko, Weber, Subban, Ellis, Barrie, Ekblad, Hamilton, Montour, Makar, Savard, Severson

G: Price, Fleury, Murray, Holtby, Dubnyk, Hart, Binnington, Jones, Smith, Crawford, Blackwood

With that out of the way...who should be Canada’s fourth line right wing?

Hall - McDavid - MacKinnon
Marchand - Crosby - Bergeron
Stamkos - Tavares - Marner
x - O’Rielly - x

x - x
x - x
x - x

x
x

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
My choice went to Stone, easily. Natural position, proven offensive and defensive excellence. Adds elements that aren’t really found elsewhere on this team. Doesn’t quite fit the traditional speed metric of Team Canada, but he’s too damn good.

There are lots of great centres left here, too, though. I expect a titanic battle on the left wing.

Honestly, his closest competition for me was Mantha. The guy has been absolutely beastly for the last 40 or so games he’s played, and looked like Lindros with Team Canada in the spring. But he’s got to prove a lot more to be a real candidate, in my opinion.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Stone is a really easy choice here. I think he gets overrated a lot on HF lately (some call him a top 5 winger in the league, which is ridiculous) - but for a 4th line role in a defensive line he'd be perfect on team Canada. Great offensively too, so just fits in really nicely.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I'd say Stone or Seguin but Giroux would fit here as well.

Canada is just stacked.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Stone on the right and Giroux on the left. A shutdown 4th line that's as good offensively as any NHL 1st line.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Lol at Marner 3RW over Stone

Kid had 94pts. 6th among Canadian players. 2nd most of any right shot Canadian Stone just had the first season of his career even hitting 65pts (ended up with 73)

give the kid his due and gtfo with the anti leaf bias

you are one of those guys who cheers for leafs players to fail even when representing Canada arent you?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Couturier- ROR - Stone. Schiefele as the 13th forward that can play pretty much anywhere if something isn't clicking with the lines

Reactions: wintersej

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Stone is a really easy choice here. I think he gets overrated a lot on HF lately (some call him a top 5 winger in the league, which is ridiculous) - but for a 4th line role in a defensive line he'd be perfect on team Canada. Great offensively too, so just fits in really nicely.
Out of all the things that are said on hf Stone being a top 5 winger is far from ridiculous.

Reactions: Dominance

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Kid had 94pts. 6th among Canadian players. 2nd most of any right shot Canadian Stone just had the first season of his career even hitting 65pts (ended up with 73)

give the kid his due and gtfo with the anti leaf bias

you are one of those guys who cheers for leafs players to fail even when representing Canada arent you?
Stone is well over a ppg his last 150 games stop cherry picking stats its embarrassing destroys your credibility. Doing it on the worst team in the league. Not with Tavares as his center and Matthews Rielly etc on the pp with him.

Leaf fans just the worst on here. Why do the majority of you find it Impossible to look at any players objectively. I dont see what you get out of posting on here what a waste of time.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Stone should definitely be in there over Marner for 3rd RW. It's not just about offense, Stone plays a complete game and brings passion/leadership to boot. I could see him shining in any high profile/high stakes game.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Stone is well over a ppg his last 150 games stop cherry picking stats its embarrassing destroys your credibility. Doing it on the worst team in the league. Not with Tavares as his center and Matthews Rielly etc on the pp with him.

Leaf fans just the worst on here. Why do the majority of you find it Impossible to look at any players objectively. I dont see what you get out of posting on here what a waste of time.

Stone has hit 65pts once in his career..how is that cherry picking?
also you talk about credibility then make it seem like marner racks up all his pts on the PP? 70 ES pts...23 on the PP
get a clue

Reactions: bigbabybuda

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Out of all the things that are said on hf Stone being a top 5 winger is far from ridiculous.

almost as ridiculous as the sabres being 2 years ahead of the leafs in 2016.
marner won over stone. if a leaf beats out a non leaf, he deserves it. this is the same board that had kevin fiala over mitch marner for 6 months.

you really need to stop worrying about the leafs and their fans so much. not a good look

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Stone has hit 65pts once in his career..how is that cherry picking?
also you talk about credibility then make it seem like marner racks up all his pts on the PP? 70 ES pts...23 on the PP
get a clue

Holy shit you are something else. Stone is scoring at a ppg pace true or not? Over 150 game sample size but you call him a 65 point player. Does that make Matthews a 69 point player because he has exceeded that number once... Listen to yourself its EMBARASSING. Does playing with Tavares and on an elite pp help a player... Are you trying to argue it doesnt?

Why even follow the NHL if you cant look at anything objectively? What a waste of time.

I have no idea about the tangent you went on about the Sabres and Marner/Fiala. Where that came from ill never know.

Never did I say Marner wasnt a great player, I think he is phenomenal. I just dont completely ignore rational facts when discussing players on the teams I cheer for or the teams I do not. Try it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->