HFBoards Team Canada 2020: 4LW

Who SHOULD be Team Canada’s fourth line left wing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Stone emphatically claimed the right wing beside O’Rielly. Now we have the most fun poll. Tons of incredible options left, with only one spot left to be filled. Have no fear though - in the process of these polls, we will eventually get around to making “Team Canada B”. Who should be the fourth line left wing?

This series of polls is an exercise to collectively put together the best roster Canada could field if they were to play an international game on New Year’s Day.

The process for filling out the team as follows:

1. Fill the forwards, moving from centre to wing to wing, with remaining centres also eligible. A guy like Giroux might be best deployed higher up in the lineup on the wing; it is up to the voters to decide.
2. Fill the defense. All defenders will be available for each side. Up to the voters to determine the importance of correct handed-ness.
3. Fill the goalies.

These polls will make a 2020 Team Canada, Team Canada B, Team USA, Team Sweden, Team Finland, Team Russia, Team Rest of World, and so on as demanded. The final rosters will then be put into a poll to determine the order of the best offenses, defenses, and goalies, and the average determined to decide the best teams. I will then compile everything into one document, which I will post in the International Forums.

Here is the pool of players I will be working with. Open to suggestions (i.e. shifting Giroux to a winger group).

C: Crosby, McDavid, MacKinnon, Bergeron, Tavares, Seguin, Duchene, O’Rielly, Point, Scheifele, Couturier, Giroux, Monahan, Couture, Stamkos, Johansen, Toews, Strome, Dubois, Barzal, Domi, Horvat, Nugent-Hopkins, Kadri, Schenn, Getzlaf, Athanasiou, E. Staal

LW: Marchand, Hall, Huberdeau, Benn, Skinner, Debrusk, Hoffman, Drouin, Kane, Schwartz

RW: Stone, Marner, Reinhart, Marchesseault, Mantha, Anderson, Gallagher, Bailey, Konecny, Smith, Wilson

LD: Giordano, Chabot, Morrissey, Keith, Girard, Theodore, Murray, Nurse, Matheson, Vlasic, Brodie, Chychrun, Sanheim, Dunn, Muzzin

RD: Burns, Doughty, Rielly, Spurgeon, Dumba, Letang, Pietrangelo, Pulock, Parayko, Weber, Subban, Ellis, Barrie, Ekblad, Hamilton, Montour, Makar, Savard, Severson

G: Price, Fleury, Murray, Holtby, Dubnyk, Hart, Binnington, Jones, Smith, Crawford, Blackwood

With that out of the way...who should be Canada’s fourth line left wing?

Hall - McDavid - MacKinnon
Marchand - Crosby - Bergeron
Stamkos - Tavares - Marner
x - O’Rielly - Stone

x - x
x - x
x - x

x
x

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
I had to give it to Scheifele. He’s a very responsible player who brings leadership traits and gritty physicality, and is also going off offensively this year (6 points in 4 games, had an incredible goal disallowed for offside yesterday) after several seasons of excellent production. He’s the most complete package of the remaining options, in my opinion, and the most capable of making things happen on his own.

I can also see very strong arguments for all of the other poll options, though.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Horvat

He has grit, skill, leadership, he's a bull on the ice, can play C or W.
As a 4th line role, the most important thing he'd bring to the game is two-way ability.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Horvat

He has grit, skill, leadership, he's a bull on the ice, can play C or W.
As a 4th line role, the most important thing he'd bring to the game is two-way ability.

while this is true, he isn't nearly as good as couturier, who can do all that and still get 30+g/75+pts

Reactions: Dominance

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Rielly needs to be put on LD. He has played nearly 0 time at RD haha

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I chose Giroux. But I really think Scheifele should have the #1-line LW spot instead of Hall.
I really think Hall kind of ruins the team I'd like to see. He's obviously a very good player but I don't think he's the best fit there. Would rather see either one of Scheifele or Giroux in that spot.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Tough choice here. Went Giroux.

Personally I would have had him at 1LW with Hall at 3LW and Couts at 4LW with Stamkos left off/extra.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
I chose Giroux. But I really think Scheifele should have the #1-line LW spot instead of Hall.

I really think Hall kind of ruins the team I'd like to see. He's obviously a very good player but I don't think he's the best fit there. Would rather see either one of Scheifele or Giroux in that spot.

Tough choice here. Went Giroux.

Personally I would have had him at 1LW with Hall at 3LW and Couts at 4LW with Stamkos left off/extra.

Same

Scheifele with Connor would be unstoppable
By popular assent, once the 4 left wings have been selected I will do a poll where the order of the LWs may be reshuffled.

Reactions: 780il

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Tough here - Giroux makes more sense as a LW but I think that Scheifele should be somewhere in the lineup

Reactions: Dominance

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
By the way ROR is spelled "O'Reilly" - I think Morgan Rielly is the only person who spells it weirdly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->