HFBoards Team Canada 2020: 3RW

Who SHOULD be Team Canada’s third line right wing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Stamkos ekes out the win over Giroux in the run off poll. Who should be the third line right wing beside JT and SS?

This series of polls is an exercise to collectively put together the best roster Canada could field if they were to play an international game on New Year’s Day.

The process for filling out the team as follows:

1. Fill the forwards, moving from centre to wing to wing, with remaining centres also eligible. A guy like Giroux might be best deployed higher up in the lineup on the wing; it is up to the voters to decide.
2. Fill the defense. All defenders will be available for each side. Up to the voters to determine the importance of correct handed-ness.
3. Fill the goaltenders.

If we receive a good amount of participation, I may continue to make a 2020 Team Canada B, Team USA, Team Scandinavia, Team Rest of World, and so on as demanded.

Here is the pool of players I will be working with. Open to suggestions (i.e. shifting Giroux to a winger group).

C: Crosby, McDavid, MacKinnon, Bergeron, Tavares, Seguin, Duchene, O’Rielly, Point, Scheifele, Couturier, Giroux, Monahan, Couture, Stamkos, Johansen, Toews, Strome, Dubois, Barzal, Domi, Horvat, Nugent-Hopkins, Kadri, Schenn, Getzlaf, Athanasiou, E. Staal

LW: Marchand, Hall, Huberdeau, Benn, Skinner, Debrusk, Hoffman, Drouin, Kane, Schwartz

RW: Stone, Marner, Reinhart, Marchesseault, Mantha, Anderson, Gallagher, Bailey, Konecny, Smith, Wilson

LD: Giordano, Chabot, Morrissey, Keith, Girard, Theodore, Murray, Nurse, Matheson, Vlasic, Brodie, Chychrun, Sanheim, Dunn, Muzzin

RD: Burns, Doughty, Rielly, Spurgeon, Dumba, Letang, Pietrangelo, Pulock, Parayko, Weber, Subban, Ellis, Barrie, Ekblad, Hamilton, Montour, Makar, Savard, Severson

G: Price, Fleury, Murray, Holtby, Dubnyk, Hart, Binnington, Jones, Smith, Crawford, Blackwood

With that out of the way...who should be Canada’s third line right wing?

Hall - McDavid - MacKinnon
Marchand - Crosby - Bergeron
Stamkos - Tavares - x
x - x - x

x - x
x - x
x - x

x
x

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
My answer is Marner, easily. Known connection with Tavares, can PK and be the distributor on a powerplay unit, fits into the Team Canada formula of playing all-out with speed and heart excellently. It also works in his favour that his biggest natural winger competition, Stone, isn’t very fleet of foot, so might not be the best choice to play with Johnny T.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Maybe unpopular but I think its going to take Hall a while to get back to Hart level

I'd replace him with Scheif, Point, or Seguin. Better players right now IMO.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Maybe unpopular but I think its going to take Hall a while to get back to Hart level

I'd replace him with Scheif, Point, or Seguin. Better players right now IMO.
I mean, he was voted in, though.

After we get the fourth line wingers in there I will consider having a poll to reshuffle the LWs to various lines.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
In the last 9 years, Hall has beaten Giroux in points 1 time...and it was 7 years ago. Giroux's whole career he has been under rated.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think Stone is too good for 4th line. The guy carries, Canada will want him to get a lot more minutes. I'd sooner scratch Stamkos and play Stone on his off wing. But you obviously have to have Marner with Tavares.

Just what I'd do:

Hall McDavid Mackinnon
Marchand Crosby Bergeron
Point O'Reilly Stone
Giroux Tavares Marner
Scheifele

I think that third line would own the puck.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I think Stone is too good for 4th line. The guy carries, Canada will want him to get a lot more minutes. I'd sooner scratch Stamkos and play Stone on his off wing. But you obviously have to have Marner with Tavares.

Just what I'd do:

Hall McDavid Mackinnon
Marchand Crosby Bergeron
Point O'Reilly Stone
Giroux Tavares Marner
Scheifele

I think that third line would own the puck.

so Stone is too good for the 4th line but a duo where one guy had 47g and the other 94pts isn't? lol

ROR-Stone will be the 4th line with a defensively responsible C playing LW like Toews/Couturier

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
so Stone is too good for the 4th line but a duo where one guy had 47g and the other 94pts isn't? lol

ROR-Stone will be the 4th line with a defensively responsible C playing LW like Toews/Couturier

I think Point-O'Reilly-Stone would shred Tavares-Marner. Sorry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad