Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (specify in the comments

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Doughty took the last poll. Would be an incredible shut down pair with Gio. Who should be the second pairing left defenseman?

This series of polls is an exercise to collectively put together the best roster Canada could field if they were to play an international game on New Year’s Day.

The process for filling out the team as follows:

1. Fill the forwards, moving from centre to wing to wing, with remaining centres also eligible. A guy like Giroux might be best deployed higher up in the lineup on the wing; it is up to the voters to decide.
2. Fill the defense. All defenders will be available for each side. Up to the voters to determine the importance of correct handed-ness.
3. Fill the goalies.

These polls will make a 2020 Team Canada, Team Canada B, Team USA, Team Sweden, Team Finland, Team Russia, Team Rest of World, and so on as demanded. The final rosters will then be put into a poll to determine the order of the best offenses, defenses, and goalies, and the average determined to decide the best teams. I will then compile everything into one document, which I will post in the International Forums.

Here is the pool of players I will be working with. Open to suggestions (i.e. shifting Giroux to a winger group).

C: Crosby, McDavid, MacKinnon, Bergeron, Tavares, Seguin, Duchene, O’Rielly, Point, Scheifele, Couturier, Giroux, Monahan, Couture, Stamkos, Johansen, Toews, Strome, Dubois, Barzal, Domi, Horvat, Nugent-Hopkins, Kadri, Schenn, Getzlaf, Athanasiou, E. Staal

LW: Marchand, Hall, Huberdeau, Benn, Skinner, Debrusk, Hoffman, Drouin, Kane, Schwartz

RW: Stone, Marner, Reinhart, Marchesseault, Mantha, Anderson, Gallagher, Bailey, Konecny, Smith, Wilson

LD: Giordano, Rielly, Chabot, Morrissey, Keith, Girard, Theodore, Murray, Nurse, Matheson, Vlasic, Brodie, Chychrun, Sanheim, Dunn, Muzzin

RD: Burns, Doughty, Spurgeon, Dumba, Letang, Pietrangelo, Pulock, Parayko, Weber, Subban, Ellis, Barrie, Ekblad, Hamilton, Montour, Makar, Savard, Severson

G: Price, Fleury, Murray, Holtby, Dubnyk, Hart, Binnington, Jones, Smith, Crawford, Blackwood

With that out of the way...who should be Canada’s second pairing left defenseman?

Stamkos - McDavid - MacKinnon
Marchand - Crosby - Bergeron
Hall - Tavares - Marner
Scheifele - O’Rielly - Stone
Giroux

Giordano - Doughty
x - x
x - x

x
x

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I kind of like the idea of putting in Pietrangelo at LD considering I know he's played it with Canada before. Once again there's a big disparity between LHD and RHD. Could do something like this:

Giordano-Doughty
Pietrangelo-Burns (played together in 2016)
Rielly-Parayko

Good mix of offense and defense I think.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
I kind of like the idea of putting in Pietrangelo at LD considering I know he's played it with Canada before. Once again there's a big disparity between LHD and RHD. Could do something like this:

Giordano-Doughty
Rielly-Parayko

That would work well. I like the idea of having Burns outside the regular rotation, though, sliding in to run the PP and on offensive zone draws. I don’t think he’s bad defensively, just that he’d be best utilized that way. I do agree that Pietrangelo would be a good partner for him, though.

I wouldn’t discount the left side. Behind Giordano, all of Rielly, Chabot, Morrissey, Girard, and Theodore are young guys who are already their teams’ top defenseman.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017

Giordano-Doughty
Rielly-Parayko

This

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad