HFBoards Team Canada 2020: 2C

Who should be the second line centre man?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Figure this is pretty straightforward. Still gotta get it out of the way.

This series of polls is an exercise to collectively put together the best roster Canada could field if they were to play an international game on New Year’s Day.

The process for filling out the team as follows:

1. Fill the four centre positions.
2. Fill the wings, jumping from wing to wing, with remaining centres also eligible. A guy like MacKinnon or Giroux might be best deployed higher up in the lineup on the wing; it is up to the voters to decide.
3. Fill the defense. All defenders will be available for each side. Up to the voters to determine the importance of correct handed-ness.
4. Fill the goaltenders.

If we receive a good amount of participation, I may continue to make a 2020 Team Canada B, Team USA, Team Scandinavia, Team Rest of World, and so on as demanded.

Here is the pool of players I will be working with. Open to suggestions (i.e. shifting Giroux to a winger group).

C: Crosby, McDavid, MacKinnon, Bergeron, Tavares, Seguin, Duchene, O’Rielly, Point, Scheifele, Couturier, Giroux, Monahan, Couture, Stamkos, Johansen, Toews, Strome, Dubois, Barzal, Domi, Horvat, Nugent-Hopkins, Kadri, Schenn, Getzlaf, Athanasiou, E. Staal

LW: Marchand, Hall, Huberdeau, Benn, Skinner, Debrusk, Hoffman, Drouin, Kane, Schwartz

RW: Stone, Marner, Reinhart, Marchesseault, Mantha, Anderson, Gallagher, Bailey, Konecny, Smith, Wilson

LD: Giordano, Chabot, Morrissey, Keith, Girard, Theodore, Murray, Nurse, Matheson, Vlasic, Brodie, Chychrun, Sanheim, Dunn, Muzzin

RD: Burns, Doughty, Rielly, Spurgeon, Dumba, Letang, Pietrangelo, Pulock, Parayko, Weber, Subban, Ellis, Barrie, Ekblad, Hamilton, Montour, Makar, Savard, Severson

G: Price, Fleury, Murray, Holtby, Dubnyk, Hart, Binnington, Jones, Smith, Crawford, Blackwood

With that out of the way...who is Canada’s second line centreman?

x - McDavid - x
x - x - x
x - x - x
x - x - x

x - x
x - x
x - x

x
x​

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Figure this is pretty straightforward. Still gotta get it out of the way.

This series of polls is an exercise to collectively put together the best roster Canada could field if they were to play an international game on New Year’s Day.

The process for filling out the team as follows:

1. Fill the four centre positions.
2. Fill the wings, jumping from wing to wing, with remaining centres also eligible. A guy like MacKinnon or Giroux might be best deployed higher up in the lineup on the wing; it is up to the voters to decide.
3. Fill the defense. All defenders will be available for each side. Up to the voters to determine the importance of correct handed-ness.
4. Fill the goaltenders.

If we receive a good amount of participation, I may continue to make a 2020 Team Canada B, Team USA, Team Scandinavia, Team Rest of World, and so on as demanded.

Here is the pool of players I will be working with. Open to suggestions (i.e. shifting Giroux to a winger group).

C: Crosby, McDavid, MacKinnon, Bergeron, Tavares, Seguin, Duchene, O’Rielly, Point, Scheifele, Couturier, Giroux, Monahan, Couture, Stamkos, Johansen, Toews, Strome, Dubois, Barzal, Domi, Horvat, Nugent-Hopkins, Kadri, Schenn, Getzlaf, Athanasiou, E. Staal

LW: Marchand, Hall, Huberdeau, Benn, Skinner, Debrusk, Hoffman, Drouin, Kane, Schwartz

RW: Stone, Marner, Reinhart, Marchesseault, Mantha, Anderson, Gallagher, Bailey, Konecny, Smith, Wilson

LD: Giordano, Chabot, Morrissey, Keith, Girard, Theodore, Murray, Nurse, Matheson, Vlasic, Brodie, Chychrun, Sanheim, Dunn, Muzzin

RD: Burns, Doughty, Rielly, Spurgeon, Dumba, Letang, Pietrangelo, Pulock, Parayko, Weber, Subban, Ellis, Barrie, Ekblad, Hamilton, Montour, Makar, Savard, Severson

G: Price, Fleury, Murray, Holtby, Dubnyk, Hart, Binnington, Jones, Smith, Crawford, Blackwood

With that out of the way...who is Canada’s second line centreman?

x - McDavid - x
x - x - x
x - x - x
x - x - x

x - x
x - x
x - x

x
x​

Hey OP....in the first poll you said "who is the #1C". In this poll your question is "who should be the #2C".

I think you'll have to clarify in the next poll if we're voting for who we think should be next voted in, or who would team Canada actually choose. Because it's not necessarily one and the same. I voted Crosby in the first poll because that's who I think Canada would pick #1. It'll make a difference with some picks - Carey Price being an obvious one. Everyone knows that's who Canada would pick, but some probably think they should pick someone else.

Also for #3C - are we just voting for the 3rd best center/player? Or are we voting specifically who would play the #3C role? Because I think Mack/Bergeron may be the next 2 forwards picked, but i think both are more likely to end up at wing than actually playing at C. Vote them in next anyways, and then just re-arrange the lines as you see fit?

Reactions: Dominance

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Hey OP....in the first poll you said "who is the #1C". In this poll your question is "who should be the #2C".

I think you'll have to clarify in the next poll if we're voting for who we think should be next voted in, or who would team Canada actually choose. Because it's not necessarily one and the same. I voted Crosby in the first poll because that's who I think Canada would pick #1. It'll make a difference with some picks - Carey Price being an obvious one. Everyone knows that's who Canada would pick, but some probably think they should pick someone else.

Also for #3C - are we just voting for the 3rd best center/player? Or are we voting specifically who would play the #3C role? Because I think Mack/Bergeron may be the next 2 forwards picked, but i think both are more likely to end up at wing than actually playing at C. Vote them in next anyways, and then just re-arrange the lines as you see fit?
Thanks. Good question. I’m asking who we think SHOULD play that position, not who WOULD be placed there by Team Canada management. Basically, vote for who you think is best for the role.

For example, I strongly believe that MacKinnon is the third best centreman we have. But I won’t vote for him in the next poll, because I think he would be better deployed on the first or second line wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->