HFBoards Software Update

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Could you post what you changed it to? I use BBA's style and would like to fix the white boxes.
Find the first code line below in that style and edit the rgba background value to whatever; then add the entire second line, again adjusting that entry for the desired rgba background color; and save.
Code:
.messageUserBlock .extraUserInfo { background: rgba(255,255,255,.05); }
.messageUserInfo { background: rgba(255,255,255,.05); }

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Anyone notice the site is a lot more resource-heavy now? I can't even have the site open during games otherwise it'll lag my stream, nevermind posting/refreshing to check for new posts. If I open Chrome's task manager, sometimes an HF tab will be using 2-3Mbps for no apparent reason even though I haven't refreshed it for a while (which makes a big difference since I have the fastest available internet in my area but it's only 10Mbps down). It also runs like garbage on my laptop now (not that my laptop's very good, but it didn't happen with vBulletin).

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
@Lady Macbeth That's all the obnoxious page requests Crave throws in there and probably that Instart Logic Ad Integrity crap (e.g., any page requests with g00 in them) too, among other things. Disable JavaScript and that'll break media embeds and the rich text editor, but kill that other obnoxious junk and make your pages responsive.
As for the page responsiveness, browser extensions can help, while disabling JavaScript will help tremendously if you can live without media embeds and the rich text editor. There seems to be a trend of included bloat from Crave across their sites. Here they definitely score poorly in page speed (~25s), size (~12-15MB), or requests (~1200-1500). Simply improving to mirror Sherdog's state, which migrated in December 2015, doesn't really encourage me either. I mean, sketchy and streaming sites likely score significantly better even if they're still scoring terribly because it's that bad here at present. To illustrate: https://gtmetrix.com/compare/wbgRxy0y/rGhRy4F3/H4AwI5JY

Reactions: Lady Macbeth

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
@Lady Macbeth That's all the obnoxious page requests Crave throws in there and probably that Instart Logic Ad Integrity crap (e.g., any page requests with g00 in them) too, among other things. Disable JavaScript and that'll break media embeds and the rich text editor, but kill that other obnoxious junk and make your pages responsive.

Holy hell that makes a world of difference. Thanks!

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Not sure where the new forum problems thread went, but I have a weird one only on my pc (not on mobile) where if there's a tweet embedded as the last post, the last post stretches down an impossibly long way, to the point where even if I scroll all the way down, I have no reply buttons or anything. I was going to post this in the GDT, but it is infinite so my browser can't comprehend it.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Not sure where the new forum problems thread went, but I have a weird one only on my pc (not on mobile) where if there's a tweet embedded as the last post, the last post stretches down an impossibly long way, to the point where even if I scroll all the way down, I have no reply buttons or anything. I was going to post this in the GDT, but it is infinite so my browser can't comprehend it.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/embedded-tweets-on-chrome-issues-the-fix.2408877/

If you want I can also change your account to have permission to use an alternate theme which doesn't have this problem.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Awesome thanks. That fix is a one time deal, not for every thread right? Regardless an alternate theme would be a great issue, thanks.

Don't know TBH, I don't use Chrome.

I flagged your account to be able to use other themes, they aren't as well maintained/updated but you can try them out in "preferences"

The default is "hockeysfuture theme" if you want to go back.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Don't know TBH, I don't use Chrome.

I flagged your account to be able to use other themes, they aren't as well maintained/updated but you can try them out in "preferences"

The default is "hockeysfuture theme" if you want to go back.
Awesome thanks.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

I had that issue on my Surface Pro; turns out it was a Chrome extension causing the issue. I disabled it and now it works fine.

Dirty Old Man

Anti-chatter Engine
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I've noticed (I'm a chrome user on a desktop, too) that the last few weeks the default hf style, which is my only choice in preferences, has started showing up with the text as black on dark grey. Realllly tough to read. Mobile devices for me are black on a very light grey, no problem, but I spend 90% of my time on here at the desktop.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I don't think they've changed the grey background in awhile? :dunno:

I enabled the style changer for you @Dirty Old Man
Try HF Theme STG

EDIT: Oh one other thing, anyone using those custom themes via browser extension will have to keep it updated because anytime HF updates the actual style your style could get broken.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Heads up to all those who installed Stylish. The Stylish browser add-on records the URLs of all of the sites you visit and sending it to their servers. Pretty nasty move on their part. As a result I decided to uninstalled it.

Reactions: Muppet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->