HFBOARDS' SLAMMY AWARDS: WWE Pay-Per-View of the Year

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Yeah I went with Mania

That RKO to Rollins, Rollins cashing in, and Rusev's GOAT entrance all stand out

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Think it has to be Mania. That show had no right being any good considering the build, but the card turned out pretty damn fantastic. Rusev's enterance was GOAT, and it was a solid match (outcome sucked). IC Ladder match was crazy insanity. Best RKO ever. Main event was just a fun as hell match of Brock hurting Roman, and the cash in was perfect.

Summerslam and HIAC were both good. Summerslam's issue with me is despite two really good matches. Seth/Cena and Taker/Brock (which had no business being as good as it was). Two screwy finishes drag it down.

HIAC had two whopper matches in Bray/Roman and Taker/Brock again (once again no business being as good as it was), but the WHC match was trash and its hard to rate a PPV high when your title match is basically a mid card match behind the two cell matches.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
tumblr_nm1c2acQK41sbzhteo1_400.gif

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
This is going to be controversial, and may border on a hot take: I didn't like Wrestlemania 31 for a lot of reasons. Without getting into the matches themselves, the sunshine for the first 75% of the show just bugged the hell out of me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad