HFBOARDS' SLAMMY AWARDS: WWE Disappointment of the Year

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
PREVIOUS WINNERS

2012 -- 18 seconds -- 32% (16/50)
2013 -- Daniel Bryan's main event run -- 33.96% (18/53)
2014 -- John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt storyline -- 24.18% (22/91)

*WWE's second half decline was not mentioned because it'd be the obvious landslide winner.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
other: WWE banning the Curb Stomp... probably the most bad-ass finisher. It took away alot from Seth Rollins awesomeness.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Cesaro has everything the WWE wants in a Superstar, he's exactly what the company needs, the fans love him, talent respects him, but they just won't do it.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Ugh.

Couldn't you have lumped Wyatt/Ambrose/Cesaro together? I'm going with Wyatt/Ambrose though because it's ridiculous how they're not used in bigger situations.

I agree with what was said. Bray Wyatt should be THE man and it depresses me that his misuse could win 2 years in a row.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
I went with the Divas Revolution, because of the potential it had. But now... I'm regretting not going with Other and choosing Seth Rollins injury. That just put a dark cloud over my head for the next couple of days.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Diva's Revolution because the level of potential to change the face of the company and the way mainstream viewers think of wrestling was there. It literally could of been a revolution and they botched it worse then Sin Cara.

The women could be leading the show right now with all the injuries if they handled it right.

The Diva's Revolution is an utter disgrace.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
That first night of the Divas Revolution lived up to its name. Just amazing, that scene with the three NXT call-ups submitting the WWE talent was incredible.

So upsetting how they messed it up.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
They screwed up the women, despite them being so insanely great in NXT. My hopes were unrealistically high, and there no way the WWE could have book them how they needed to be, so that's easily my biggest disappointment.

That being said, I don't think it went as bad as everyone else. I get why the WWE has done what it's tried to do, I don't think they were totally wrong with it. It just sucks that the main roster isn't NXT.

Second would be Cesaro, but again I agree with the WWE in their actions. They want Reigns, they're gonna push Reigns. IT sucks, but Cesaro did amazing things, and we got to see them. I still call that a win.

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
Rusev had,imo, one of the most badass Mania ring entrances of all time.

If he beats Cena there he is made for life. I'll never forget Rusev on the tank and his career then going in the tank post Cena burial.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Wyatt and Ambrose. I like Cesaro, but wrestlers who can actually cut a promo, let alone a great promo, should always be higher.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
The fact that giving women a chance to succeed in the company is (supposed to be) a huge thing that even has the name "Divas Revolution" is a pretty big disappointment on its own.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Gotta go with Cesaro. He puts on great matches when its been needed, has worked lousy gimmicks such as Real Americans and made it work. He should be so much more.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I'd like an option for all of the above so I voted other..

The Divas Revolution - Why is Sasha not destroying the main roster?

Dean Ambrose and Bray Wyatt stagnant - 2 of your hottest superstars and WWE has done nothing but bury Bray since he came up.

John Cena vs. Rusev storyline - Not so much Rusev as there was no way WWE would let Russia go over the USA, but KO should have gone over Cena and you'd have a natural Reigns / Owens main event feud, and you wouldn't have to deal with FELLA and the stupid league of no ones that's going on.

WWE's pushes of Charlotte and Roman Reigns - I don't mind the fact that Charlotte is the champ especially with teasing that she's becoming the dirtiest lady in the game today but you have to pull out destroying HHH and knocking out Vince to get your "golden boy" over is asinine. You have people that are already over but don't fit the "look" WWE wants so nothing happens with them.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Went Divas revolution. It's a small step in the right direction, but they still aren't building it well and are really only using Charlotte

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I went with the Ambrose/Wyatt stagnation. Just unacceptable to have those guys tread water for so long, especially when the fans want them to be more than they are.

I thought about the Divas Revolution, and it really is a disappointment because Sasha, Charlotte, Becky Lynch were getting huge reactions in NXT and are treated as Vince's idea of "divas" on the main roster. The reason I just couldn't bring myself to call it the biggest disappointment is because, c'mon, it's Vince. The man will never take female wrestlers seriously which is a very unfortunate reality until he no longer has final say on booking decisions. It's disappointing, but we honestly should have seen this coming based on Vince's warped vision of what people actually want to see.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Coin flip between Divas Revolution and Cesaro but I went with the Divas.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
The Divas Revolution's gonna win, but I have to nominate Mizdow.

Starts off 2015 as one of the hottest babyfaces in the WWE, they make him a complete moron at the WrestleMania preshow, quickly burn through his feud with the Miz where the blowoff match doesn't even make it to a PPV, and less than a week after saying he's gonna be himself again, becomes a very bad Macho Man impersonator. Now, he's barely on Main Event.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The only reason I didn't go with the Women's Revolution, is because I don't truly feel the book on that is closed until Sasha and Becky are pus...done something with

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad