HFBOARDS' SLAMMY AWARDS: Superstar of the Year

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Voted for our fallen captain. I thought he was amazing for the first few months of his run and did the best he could with a ton of utter **** handed to him by creative.

His matches with Cena were extremely good, and he owns the best single moment of the year (The WM cash in).

Seth come back!

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Rollins again, not close again. Great matches, very good mic work, overcame the nightmare booking and was the centerpiece of the key storyline. Miraculously, he didn't look like a joke after matches with Cena and Lesnar. Basically carried RAW for another year.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Punk, Bryan, Rollins, Rollins...

Such big, hulking men as the superstar of the year voted by us :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Punk, Bryan, Rollins, Rollins...
Such big, hulking men as the superstar of the year voted by us :sarcasm:

Getting bulkier and rippeder every year.

RAW_1003_CMPUNK.jpg

56b50cb7a53cc34df0a8361082fc64b4.jpg

wwe-night-of-champions-2015--5-likeliest-outcomes-for-seth-rollins_1.jpg

By that rate John Cena will be the star of 2016!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Seth Rollins is going to win this going away, as he should, but I want to give a shout to John Cena. He always gets ridiculed for his wrestling skills, not putting anyone over, etc., but he's put on some very good matches via the US Title Open Challenge. Too bad it got no payoff.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Seth Rollins is going to win this going away, as he should, but I want to give a shout to John Cena. He always gets ridiculed for his wrestling skills, not putting anyone over, etc., but he's put on some very good matches via the US Title Open Challenge. Too bad it got no payoff.

Realistically Cena had a great year in the ring but it should be noted of a few things.

1) Cena easily worked with the best the company had to offer. He wrestled Cesaro, Rollins, Zayn, Owens, Brock etc. Nobody came close to matching the talent level of Cena's opponents.

2) The US open challenge seems designed to put people over. Everybody got a long solid match with him sure but he still didn't put anybody over and the rub was wasted on ADR.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

At the end of the day, Rusev and Owens fell victim to John Cena and ADR got the US Title "rub" aka Cena was leaving to film and handed the title to ADR. They both looked poised for a mega heel run and needed the rub.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
At the end of the day, Rusev and Owens fell victim to John Cena and ADR got the US Title "rub" aka Cena was leaving to film and handed the title to ADR. They both looked poised for a mega heel run and needed the rub.

While it was earlier than this year and predates Cena as US champ, you could certainly add Wyatt to that goup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad