HFBoards NHL All-Time Draft Take 2(.5)

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Good evening folks. About 2 years ago, I decided I wanted to conduct an "All-Time Draft" across the HFBoards, going to each forum in turn for their respective team's pick. I recently got the thought in my head to re-do the draft & see how things change, so without further ado. By recently, i mean several months ago, b/c this was dead for a while BUT NOW IT'S BACK:

1. Every team gets a single pick per round, and the draft order follows the standings as of 5/1/2022 (the final day of the regular season). So even if a team traded its 1st Round pick in the 2022 NHL Entry Draft, they still get a choice in this draft.
2. This will be considered a 2-round "snake draft", meaning each team will have 2 total selections, and that the draft order will be reversed in round 2. So Montreal will pick 1 & 64, Arizona 2 & 63, etc.
3. All retired/inactive NHL players are considered eligible for this draft (including guys playing overseas like Jagr). This also includes players like Vladislav Tretiak who never had an NHL career but are hockey legends in their own right. All active NHL players, as well as players whose rights are owned by an NHL team, are ineligible.
4. It is assumed that player abilities are "up-to-date" with the modern game, so a player like Eddie Shore who played in a far different NHL will not be at a disadvantage compared to say Wayne Gretzky or Jaromir Jagr.
5. All players will be drafted into the organization at the age of 18, similar to the NHL Entry Draft.
6. It is assumed that players will have a similar ceiling to during their playing career, and have the ability to reach said ceiling, although this is not guaranteed. Similarly, they are not guaranteed to suffer the same injury woes they did during their career (should that be relevant).
7. I'll give 2-3 days for votes to come in before the next team goes on the clock.
8. In the event of a tie, I will set up a tiebreaker poll.
9. Please check the below post before voting for a player, as it's possible they have already been taken. And remember again, active players are ineligible.
10. If you are trolling, I will ignore your vote. Don't be that guy. *

*Note: This rule was added after the Canes board tried to vote for Chad Larose in the last go-round. Twice.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some possible resources to help out:

Last time's results: HF-Boards All-time draft Results (2 rounds)
All Time Draft Board's 2022 Draft Thread: ATD 2022 Draft Thread III (new voting results in post 699)
History of Hockey Board's Top 200 All Time: Top-200 Hockey Players of All-Time
NHL website's Top 100 players: 100 Greatest NHL Players
Hockey-Reference Era-Adjusted Points leaders: NHL & WHA Career Leaders and Records for Adjusted Points | Hockey-Reference.com

ROUND 1:
1. Montreal Canadiens- C Mario Lemieux
2. Arizona Coyotes- C Wayne Gretzky
3. Seattle Kraken- D Bobby Orr
4. Philadelphia Flyers- RW Gordie Howe
5. New Jersey Devils- D Nicklas Lidstrom
6. Chicago Blackhawks- C Eric Lindros
7. Ottawa Senators- G Dominik Hasek
8. Detroit Red Wings- C Steve Yzerman
9. Buffalo Sabres- RW Jaromir Jagr
10. Anaheim Ducks- D Raymond Bourque
11. San Jose Sharks- G Patrick Roy
12. Columbus Blue Jackets- RW Mike Bossy
13. New York Islanders- C Bryan Trottier
14. Winnipeg Jets- C Jean Beliveau
15. Vancouver Canucks- C Joe Sakic
16. Vegas Golden Knights- ON THE CLOCK
17. Nashville Predators-
18. Dallas Stars-
19. Los Angeles Kings-
20. Washington Capitals-
21. Pittsburgh Penguins-
22. Edmonton Oilers-
23. Boston Bruins-
24. St. Louis Blues-
25. Tampa Bay Lightning-
26. New York Rangers-
27. Calgary Flames-
28. Minnesota Wild-
29. Toronto Maple Leafs-
30. Carolina Hurricanes-
31. Colorado Avalanche-
32. Florida Panthers-

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Voting:
I'll update this comment as each new vote comes in, but I can only count it if it's a single player vote (so not "Shore or Harvey" for example). If you're changing your vote later on, that's fine, just make a note of it. I apologize in advance if I am delayed in adding your vote, I am now working full-time so have much less free time on my hands
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Messier (1) - sabresfan65

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad