OT: Hfboard's new website: Update | See final post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fork

Mar 7, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I've been trying to like the new layout and new website for awhile now

But I don't know if its just me, but the new hfboards is very laggy and bulky. just writing this post is extremely laggy as well

Also, lately I've been getting full screen ads

I loved this website and being to interact with fellow canucks, but I think I am at my limit now. this forum is terrible compared to before

wavaxa2

Sep 24, 2010
I find it almost unusable when browsing with Google Chrome, whether or not I use an ad blocker. If I use an ad blocker, sometimes it will show hundreds of items being blocked on a single page. It runs much more smoothly for me when using Firefox.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
It's performance is abysmal across multiple web browsers and mobile platforms. Not surprising given it's owned by the shameless Crave Media, which is the biggest pumper of garbage digital content and merciless advertising.

I have a high end PC rig for digital video editing, and the fact this website manages to slow down my web browser is freaking hilarious. I don't care about the layout or ads too much, but the performance issues are embarrassing.

Reactions: Red

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
Couldn't agree more...I don't love the layout, but I could learn to like it I imagine. The latency and slowdown issues are brutal though. I might not have a super high-end rig, but I'm on a desktop gaming rig, so I really shouldn't be having issues with a webpage.

andyJH

Dec 28, 2005
There is something seriously wrong. Even with all the ads (and hell, if you can monetize then monetize) it should not be running this poorly. I too have a fairly high end desktop with loads of ram, good bandwidth and this forum bogs it down like no other site I visit.

Firefox is slightly better than Chrome.

J Canuck

Mar 19, 2013
the couch
It's not smooth. Scrolling and even typing can be laggy. Laggy AF as the kids say. I mostly use chrome. I only use an adblocker at home, but it makes no difference.

There's a grey up/down arrow or chevron in the bottom right. There's some unnecessary stuff going on in the background.

And I got that last sentence completely typed out before it showed up on thie screen.

pomx

May 15, 2014
They upgraded the site but gotta pay for that upgrade somehow. Now its flooded with ads and its hella slow on Chrome..

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Jumps to much so i have to click on adds or the wrong threads. Pretty annoying

VanCity Millionaires

Oct 4, 2005
Vancouver
I'm glad to learn that I am not alone. I honestly don't care about layout, but it is almost unusable with how laggy it is. I can't even scroll down a screen full of text without it jumping all over the place. Adblocker regularly blocks over 100 ads per page load. And forget typing... you can often type a full sentence without it even showing up for 5 to 10 seconds.

I'm not joking when I say that it is the poorest performing website I've been on since the days of dial-up internet.

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.
Last TDL, I obsessively F5'd the trade forum to see what was happening. This TDL - I'll be somewhere else. Even typing this - each word is taking 2-5 seconds to even appear (in Chrome). It's worse if I'm building code at work.

It's almost like I'm on an old 1200bd dial up BBS. It's ridiculous and hurting the site.

Add in the fact that twitter videos only show half the content and a bunch of other dumb shit and it really is going downhill.

Fork

Mar 7, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I completely agree, typing anything is so laggy it feels like im using a celeron on windows 95

scrolling, typing, everything is so slow. ever since the migration ive spent less and less time here and more time on other hockey communities

I've already given up browsing this site on mobile

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
Not sure about mobile version, but desktop is completely fine and ad free for me. Firefox, ABP. Zero lag. Not sure about layout still, but no performance problems at all.

Reactions: Zombotron

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I rarely visit anymore since the change. So buggy and slow. Plus I find when it's open it causes other tabs to move at a snails pace, like they won't even load. Once I close hf everything is back to normal too.

CuriousGeorge

Jun 8, 2007
I have moved to another Canucks forum and don't post much here anymore. This site sucks ass now.

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
I find it almost unusable when browsing with Google Chrome, whether or not I use an ad blocker. If I use an ad blocker, sometimes it will show hundreds of items being blocked on a single page. It runs much more smoothly for me when using Firefox.
It has nothing to do with the ad, so ad blocker cannot help it. If you install "quick-javascript-switcher" extension and turn off the javascript, this site will run smoothly. With that, it is the website javascript issue.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
I no longer speak in games. Too cumbersome. iPad version on both safari and chrome is jittery. Can’t reply to 1/3 of posts, ads on the side and full screen.

There’s other places to go.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
I no longer speak in games. Too cumbersome. iPad version on both safari and chrome is jittery. Can’t reply to 1/3 of posts, ads on the side and full screen.

There’s other places to go.
giphy.gif

Reactions: dim jim

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Everyone, these issues are being worked on. The migration may have been completed, but making this a smooth running forum is still a work in progress.

The good news is here: Ad Code is being updated

This will solve your problems in regards to your adblockers possibly as early as tomorrow and put things back in line with how they were on the old forum. You will need to clear your cache and cookies after the update is applied.

In the future, please direct any issues you have to the support forum.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->