HFBoards Mock Draft 2013

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
Don't know if this has been done before, but it's a long lockout so I decided I'd try it. I ran a lottery simulation a while back and came up with a draft order which can be seen here. I decided that instead of coming up with a mock draft myself I would have the fans of each team vote on their pick. I'll post the collective results once every fanbase has voted.

The Capitals have the #11 pick. Thus far, Mackinnon, Barkov, Jones, Monahan, Drouin, Lindholm, Shinkaruk, Pulock, Ristolainen and Domi have been selected. Who would you take with the 11th overall pick?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I'd go with Lazar. Hope he find his offense. I know D prospect pool isn't that great but I have Lazar above the likes of Zadorov and Hägg. Wouldn't be disappointed with Zadorov at all, though.

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
The "valery" option should be Valery Nichushkin. If a mod could edit this it would be greatly appreciated

IkeaMonkey*

I suppose they should just draft the best Slovenian available then. That's just as relevant.

I guess I'm just weird in thinking Raw, huge defensemen rarely pan out.

For every one Chara, there are fifteen Kudroc/Denis-Pepin/Pokulok/Finley/Mihalek.

Who knows, maybe those are the exceptions to the Chara and...uhhh, Myers? Rule...

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Morrissey or Lazar... thinking we may need a good D prospect after taking so many high end forwards recently... but we also need a Center prospect if Forsberg or Kuz can't fully make the transition to Center.

Went with Morrissey.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Lazar? :sarcasm:

1353983529113s.jpg

:sarcasm:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Who knows, maybe those are the exceptions to the Chara and...uhhh, Myers? Rule...
Except Zadorov is, just like Nurse, 6'5'' not some 6'7''+ sheer size project. If he was just that he wouldn't be in this conversation, he'd be a borderline first rounder (if that). He is far more filled out than Nurse but he's also further along as an instinctive shutdown presence as well. Burns, Coburn, Cowen and Hedman are comparable as far as measurables and he has the necessary hockey sense/athleticism (unlike all of the bust examples, most of which were selected in an era when raw size was far more highly valued). If he had more of an offensive dimension to his game he would get the sort of top ten talk that Coburn, Cowen & Hedman did.

Nichushkin would be the upside pick but his hockey sense isn't that great. Beyond the lack of increased production, I'd be concerned about Lazar's skating for his size. I'm not sure he offers much more upside over Compher, Horvat or maybe de la Rose.

penguins2946*

Pens should have picked Nichushkin instead of Domi. No idea why they decided otherwise.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Nichushkin.

Elite skater, soft hands. Sounds familiar.

Which is exactly why we don't need another one in our prospect pool. We already have Forsberg and Kuznetsov... makes much more sense to go with the High potential Dman (Morrissey) or Center (Lazar)
Not to mention... they're both Canadian. :sarcasm:

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
No one has voted for a while, I'd like to get at least 5 or 6 more votes before I end the poll

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
It looks like the Capitals are going to go with Curtis Lazar. Thank you to everyone who voted and shared their opinion, I will posting full results once I have collected votes from all 30 teams

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->