HFBoards Mock Draft 2013

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
Don't know if this has been done before, but it's a long lockout so I decided I'd try it. I ran a lottery simulation a while back and came up with a draft order which can be seen here. I decided that instead of coming up with a mock draft myself I would have the fans of each team vote on their pick. I'll post the collective results once every fanbase has voted.

The Penguins have the #10 pick. Thus far, Mackinnon, Barkov, Jones, Monahan, Drouin, Lindholm, Shinkaruk, Pulock and Ristolainen have been selected. Who would you take with the 10th overall pick?

Last edited:

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Hopefully we take a Russian forward so the "flashy Euro winger" conglomerate can shut the **** up finally.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Zadorov would be a sob to play against, something our D needs. But... voted for Nichuskin. The pool could use a forward.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Lehkonen FTW

Fills positional need.

Finnish Elite league.

Good skills based on reports.

Two-way based on reports.

And we need a Finn on this team. Especially one with a name as awesome as this one.

Last edited:

penguins2946*

I voted for Domi. He plays for London, which is a fantastic organization, is a good, 2-way winger and would give us a dynamic B-C-D line. And why would you vote Lazar, he's a center.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Not voting until I can do a little more homework. Domi and Nichushkin are two of my favorites but a guy like Mantha is really sneaking under the radar. He has that Rick Nash/ James Neal vibe to him. Big body, good skater, good hand skills and a nasty shot.

Dangles78

Oct 14, 2012
Pittsburgh
It has to be Valeri Nichushkin. I could see a case for Lazar/Domi, but Nichuskin is the BPA and also fills the organizational need of a big, skilled winger with elite potential. Can't ask for more than that.

Really can't go wrong with a pick in this draft though...it's looking like a good one.

Dangles78

Oct 14, 2012
Pittsburgh
Do any of these guys play with one of our current prospects? Thats the kid I'm going with.

Domi and Zadorov plays with Maatta and Harrington in London

Morrissey plays with Ruopp in Prince Albert

Mantha plays with Zlobin in Val d'Or

Nurse plays with goalie Matt Murray in Sault Ste Marie

I think that's it? So if you use that system. Domi or Zadorov would be a good pick.

penguins2946*

Either would be great, between Zadorov and Domi, but I'm going with Domi. What I would love to do is to trade one of our D prospects to the team that is going to draft Zadorov. So we would get both :D

However, that being said, if the Pens do trade for the 11th pick or so, I'd definitely want them to draft Nichushkin and Domi. I'd love Zadorov though. It's so hard to decide.

Am I allowed to change my vote? I want to change to Nichushkin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Karnage420*

my friend used to babysit lil max. would be hilarious if he becomes a penguin!!

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003
Hopefully we take a Russian forward so the "flashy Euro winger" conglomerate can shut the **** up finally.

What about a Danish winger? If we pick Bjorkstrand from Portland we get A. skilled European winger B. Winterhawk in the first round C. someone drafted "too early"

That's really something to excite and upset everyone all at once there.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Just watched clips of Anthony Mantha. I'd definitely pick him if the Pens end up in the mid-low 20s (which is more likely).

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
After a very close vote, the Penguins have decided to go with Max Domi. Thank you to everyone who shared their opinion, I will be posting the full results in the Prospect forum once I have collected votes from all 30 teams.

71697_113170102186390_1482475910_n.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad